Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#1 for 200 weeks!

Eder Rodrigues

This week "Two Black Cadillacs" hold the No. 1 spot on the GAC's Top 20 Country Countdown for the 9th week.

This bring her total of weeks at number one in both CMT and GAC charts to 200 weeks! Check it out on the image below:

8zp53o.jpg

clh_hilary

Wait, three Carrie videos did not go No.1 on GAC?!

What's the longest-running No.1 record on both sides now?

Eder Rodrigues

Wait, three Carrie videos did not go No.1 on GAC?!

What's the longest-running No.1 record on both sides now?

Records
CMT Top 20 Countdown - Good Girl (14 weeks)
CMT Hot 20 Countdown *The new chart* - Cruise, Goodbye In Her Eyes, One of Those Nights (2 weeks)
GAC Top 20 Country Countdown - Ladies Love Country Boys, Undo It, Mama's Song, Blown Away (14 weeks)

clh_hilary

Records
CMT Top 20 Countdown - Good Girl (14 weeks)
CMT Hot 20 Countdown *The new chart* - Cruise, Goodbye In Her Eyes, One of Those Nights (2 weeks)
GAC Top 20 Country Countdown - Ladies Love Country Boys, Undo It, Mama's Song, Blown Away (14 weeks)

Oh there's a new chart? What is that about?

So it looks like 14 weeks is the mark to beat! It will take 'Two Black Cadillacs' another six weeks to break the record, which I think is not very achievable not because of the lack of votes, but because 'See You Again' will probably have been released then.

maddkat

Staff member
Sweet chart

it's actually a bit more then that as JTTW/DFTRM/BHC spent a combined total of 23 weeks at # 1 on GAC.
Not sure of the break down but I seem to remember DFTYRM was there at least 9 wks itself.

Eder Rodrigues

Oh there's a new chart? What is that about?

So it looks like 14 weeks is the mark to beat! It will take 'Two Black Cadillacs' another six weeks to break the record, which I think is not very achievable not because of the lack of votes, but because 'See You Again' will probably have been released then.

I think there's a new rule on GAC, after 15 weeks the song is removed from the chart, so Two Black Cadillacs may not even be on the list next week.

CMT Top 20 Countdown ended last year. This year a new program was introduced to the audience with new hosts, more interviews, a new way to vote and looks like they are playing only a few seconds of the videos (not sure about this).

Eder Rodrigues

Sweet chart

it's actually a bit more then that as JTTW/DFTRM/BHC spent a combined total of 23 weeks at # 1 on GAC.
Not sure of the break down but I seem to remember DFTYRM was there at least 9 wks itself.

Wow, that's a lot o_O
I searched for the 2006 charts, but I didn't find anything ):

clh_hilary

I think there's a new rule on GAC, after 15 weeks the song is removed from the chart, so Two Black Cadillacs may not even be on the list next week.

CMT Top 20 Countdown ended last year. This year a new program was introduced to the audience with new hosts, more interviews, a new way to vote and looks like they are playing only a few seconds of the videos (not sure about this).

Oh so they have made this an explicit rule now? I still remember how they have taken 'How Great Thou Art' away only after five weeks when she had just climbed to No.2 behind her own song, and then they said that's because they take away older songs from time to time...

But for the CMT, this means it's just that the new has changed, it's still the same chart, no?

maddkat

Staff member

yeah, this was TBCs last week on the chart.
Hate the new rule

Eder Rodrigues

Oh so they have made this an explicit rule now? I still remember how they have taken 'How Great Thou Art' away only after five weeks when she had just climbed to No.2 behind her own song, and then they said that's because they take away older songs from time to time...

But for the CMT, this means it's just that the new has changed, it's still the same chart, no?

It's a new show, but I think it is the same chart.

"CMT Hot 20 Countdown is a weekly live music video show that counts down the twenty most popular country music videos. The show features a live audience, in-studio performances, and interviews. It premiered January 5, 2013 and airs Saturday mornings. It replaced the long running Top 20 Countdown that aired from 2001-2012"