Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Years Of Carnival Ride

Louisa

Monday (October 23) is the tenth anniversary of the release of Carrie's 'Carnival Ride'. Let's share some of our fave memories from that era. Happy Birthday, CR!

2f6d006eaba4b082475af0a49f7d446954603ae6

Momin

I remember the time when I wasn't able to download stuff but a friend of mine did. And he had heard and watched the video for SS and he wasn't even as big a fan as I am. And I was like WHY CAN'T I HEAR AND WATCH IT and I kept asking him to describe everything in the video to me hahahahaha!

Then when I finally did, I remember being obsessed with the video and the song. I even learnt to sing it.

And when the album came out, I heard the entire thing all the way through, rushed downstairs to my mother and said, "Carrie Underwood released a new album and it's so good. I'm so happy!" And she was like "Uh... alright." Hahahaha!

CR reminds me of my previous room and how I used to listen to the entire album over there. Reading about her and the new songs. Still, when I listen to it, I immediately think of myself in that room listening to it. It was such a naive, nice time.

Louisa

I remember the time when I wasn't able to download stuff but a friend of mine did. And he had heard and watched the video for SS and he wasn't even as big a fan as I am. And I was like WHY CAN'T I HEAR AND WATCH IT and I kept asking him to describe everything in the video to me hahahahaha!

Then when I finally did, I remember being obsessed with the video and the song. I even learnt to sing it.

And when the album came out, I heard the entire thing all the way through, rushed downstairs to my mother and said, "Carrie Underwood released a new album and it's so good. I'm so happy!" And she was like "Uh... alright." Hahahaha!

CR reminds me of my previous room and how I used to listen to the entire album over there. Reading about her and the new songs. Still, when I listen to it, I immediately think of myself in that room listening to it. It was such a naive, nice time.

Cool! Thanks for sharing your memory. :)

gocountrymusic

I remember first listening to Flat On the Floor and then listening to it about 5 more times before I proceeded listening to the rest of the albums. I think it and Storyteller might be my two favorite albums. I remember that people identified Just A Dream as a Carrie song way before I think Carrie even saw herself as a "Storyteller".

txacar

How could anyone forget Carrie Music Television. They debuted SS and played it exclusively for 6 hours, then Carrie took over CMT for the afternoon. Lol, I was so tired of SS I thought I might never watch that video again. CR was a fun era.

PRGuy79

Carnival Ride is still my favorite Carrie album as an entire, cohesive piece of art. So good - from start to finish! "You Won't Find This" is a special unreleased favorite gem of mine.

ChoctawCountyAffair

The first Carrie song i've ever heard is from Carnival Ride, "Just A Dream". I remember watching an interview that Taylor did on Carrie on youtube and thinking: "wow she sounds so nice" so i searched the video and it was blocked internationally so i had to wait a few months to watch it but i fell in love with the song when i watched Carrie's performance on the CMAs and the rest is history. So, thanks Taylor for introducing me to Carrie (
)

simonplay

I remember her singing in GMA the release day, I remember she sing FOTF and SS. And of course it sold half a million copies first week! Insane!

MSCarriefan

I remember waking up watching Carrie Music Television before school with So Small. My mom had the CD waiting in the car when she picked me up from school. I think I was in 7th grade and we took the long way home to listened.

rcramer

Gave me my favorite all time favorite song of her's IKYW........ Still makes my hair stand on end......

tgbrinker

That last line was basically Billboard saying Carrie has the 4th spot in the Country Female Mount Rushmore alongside Loretta, Dolly, and Reba.

DaisyTweets

I will forever love I Know You Won't. When I first heard that song I had it on repeat and listened to it for hours. I was just mesmerized. And seeing and hearing her perform it live just added to my love of this song. It will forever be one of my most favorite Carrie songs.

Kizmet311

I got married in September 2017 and I was so desperate to have a Carrie song in my wedding. Nothing from SH fit and when I got married the only song out was SS. My wedding DJ didn't even have the song, lol. I had to send it to him! I used it for the parents' dance at my wedding (me and my husband each dancing with our moms).

Also, I remember driving to Target on my lunch break to buy the album, popping it in the CD player in my car, and just being blown away by FOTF. I will say that the rest of the album (initially) didn't live quite up to the expectations that FOTF set as an opener, but I still love the album. It's probably my third favorite album behind BA and ST.

And of course who could forget Carrie Music Television! Also, I adored the album cover. She just looks gorgeous on it. Probably my favorite album cover still, with ST a close second.

Last edited:

rainbow1

I remember Carrie singing SS in that beautiful yellow dress!! I thought it was absolutely stunning!! The crowd didn't seem as thrilled with it, as I. Made me sad, and the "Protect Carrie", came out in me!

Josh

I remember this being the first time I ever seen Carrie Underwood in a commercial, and thought it was amazing. I swear there's a commercial with her moving through the yellow curtains while "So Small" played, but I never found that on youtube. Also, "Just a Dream" became one of my favorite songs by her, up to now. I wish she'd make more songs with more emotion.

Kelly Clarkson's video for LSS does remind me of this though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjEr5B_yLfc

Momin

This amazing channel posts old videos of country music singers from years ago. I was so happy to find the entire Opry show when Carrie was invited to become a member. I haven't seen that AAG performance and CD performance in so many years and it's finally on YouTube in this video. I like how the performance of CD is a little happier with a pep in her step because it's after the invitation. :)