Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15 dead, more injured in Oregon college shooting

terilyn

Shocked this happened in Roseburg of all the cities in Oregon. Gun control in Oregon? One thing about Oregonians they love their guns.

cmuf2011

Gun control lol that isn't going to help anything, what I'm saying is one doesn't need a gun to kill people, and making guns illegal isn't going to help anything, think of how many drugs that are illegal and yet people can get them easily off the streets if they know where to go. Remove guns and students might just start building bombs and setting them off during school hours or something sure guns will be harder to access but if someone wants to kill someone they don't need a gun to succeed.

carebear4eva

Gun control lol that isn't going to help anything, what I'm saying is one doesn't need a gun to kill people, and making guns illegal isn't going to help anything, think of how many drugs that are illegal and yet people can get them easily off the streets if they know where to go. Remove guns and students might just start building bombs and setting them off during school hours or something sure guns will be harder to access but if someone wants to kill someone they don't need a gun to succeed.

But then why is the US's murder rate so much higher than other Western countries that do have gun control? Does it not appear that making guns illegal has helped everything?

gran29

Guns don't kill. People kill. The reason murder rates are so high here, even in areas with strict gun control laws, is because we have thugs running rampant with no regard for human life. When 5 people are shot in a drive-by shooting, where do you think the thug got his gun? It sure wasn't legally purchased. Gun control laws only keep guns out of the hands of good people. Thugs are going to get them anyway.

Cause gun control has worked really well in Chicago. Strictest gun laws in the nation, one of the highest homicide rates.

Why can't we just grieve for those who lost their lives or lost a friend or a family member before we turn everything into a political debate?

carebear4eva

Cause gun control has worked really well in Chicago. Strictest gun laws in the nation, one of the highest homicide rates.

Why can't we just grieve for those who lost their lives or lost a friend or a family member before we turn everything into a political debate?

Because we're less interested in grieving and more interested in figuring out how to prevent this from happening. And we're proposing a solution that has worked for every other country in the Western world. Look at the UK. Look at Australia. Look at Canada.

Why has gun control worked so well for Chicago then?
It's not the gun, it's the people behind the gun. It's a mental health problem we need to work on addressing in the United States, not a gun one.

PNGcarriefan95

Sad news, but to be honest these types of mass shootings in the US are becoming such a common occurrence it's more a question of when, not if. Plus it's another college attack. What is up with that? I mean, here in Australia we don't have cases of mass shootings/stabbings/whatever on uni campuses or other educational institutions, it's totally unheard of.

liz278

I was listening to the news station on the way home from work and a news guy from Roseburg was talking about the shooting. He said an eyewitness said that the shooter lined people up and asked them if they were Christian. If they said yes they were shot in the head, if they said no or didn't answer they were shot in the leg. I would like to know his motivation for shooting these people.

My daughter lives in Oregon, but not this town. This is scary (she also goes to college)

gran29

I heard the campus had signs saying "Gun-free zone". That's just advertising easy pickings for someone who is unbalanced and looking to do harm. If one of those kids or teachers had been armed, a lot of people might be alive today.