Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 racing thread

buckeyecarriefan

I failed to realize that the Charter system means the SAME THING that the top 35 rule does as far as the Duels go. They're pointless now. Those used to be my favorite 2 races of the year, because a random big name team with no points and a slow speed to fall back on was legitimately in trouble and you usually saw some GREAT racing back around 14th-16th knowing those were the last spots to race their way in.

Now with only one car per race being able to race in? Boring. Just get rid of them and take the 4 fastest no charter cars.

buckeyecarriefan

SHR is one of the last teams I ever saw jumping to a different manufacturer. Not a fan of really ANY of their drivers, but I'm happy to see another championship team at Ford. Unlike Chevy where Hendrick gets whatever they want and everyone else has to work for the scraps, there's actual room for competition between Penske and SHR in the Ford camp and it should only help elevate BOTH teams.

JB172

SHR is one of the last teams I ever saw jumping to a different manufacturer. Not a fan of really ANY of their drivers, but I'm happy to see another championship team at Ford. Unlike Chevy where Hendrick gets whatever they want and everyone else has to work for the scraps, there's actual room for competition between Penske and SHR in the Ford camp and it should only help elevate BOTH teams.
Roush can't be happy with that move by Ford, they will be 3rd in the Ford pecking order now.

thaifood

Didn't Tony Stewart once opt out of a ride because they were switching to Ford & he is a Chevy kind of guy?

JB172

DeLana Harvick ‏@DeLanaHarvick 33m33 minutes ago Upon seeing Mr. @ClintBowyer in the booth, little man screams, "He didn't retire like Mr. Jeff did he?!?!?!?" 😂

countryfan2006

Carl Edwards is retiring.

FOX SPORTS: NASCAR Verified account ‏@NASCARONFOX 3h3 hours ago Exclusive: Carl Edwards stepping away from racing in 2017 to pursue interests outside of driving. #NASCAR http://foxs.pt/2iXZlya

tom jensen Verified account ‏@tomjensen100 3h3 hours ago
.@NASCARONFOX EXCLUSIVE: Carl Edwards leaving @JoeGibbsRacing to be replaced by @Daniel_SuarezG Story here: http://foxs.pt/2j0Z0g9

FOX SPORTS: NASCAR Verified account ‏@NASCARONFOX 2h2 hours ago
The news is shocking, timing is odd, but it isn't a complete surprise that Carl Edwards is stepping away. #NASCAR

[h=2]Why Carl Edwards stepping away from racing isn't a complete surprise | FOX Sports[/h] FOXSports.com confirmed through several sources that Carl Edwards won't race in 2017.
foxsports.com

FOX SPORTS: NASCAR Verified account ‏@NASCARONFOX 2h2 hours ago Carl Edwards' signature backflip after a victory will be missed. #NASCAR

[h=2]Flipped out: A look at Carl Edwards' 28 Cup Series wins | FOX Sports[/h] Carl Edwards won some of NASCAR's biggest races in his Cup Series career.
foxsports.com

Jeff Gluck Verified account ‏@jeff_gluck 3h3 hours ago A person w/knowledge of the situation confirms FOX report Carl Edwards is stepping away from racing. JGR calls for press conf. tomorrow.

Jayski ‏@jayski 19m19 minutes ago Carl Edwards' retirement a mystery for now #NASCAR #CarlEdwards

[h=2]Carl Edwards' retirement a mystery for now[/h] Carl Edwards has always been cordial but guarded when it comes to his private life. Why is he going to announce his retirement Wednesday? We ...
espn.com