Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

pklongbeach

Thanks for posting.

Solid inspirational anthem. Should do well for bumper music during the telecast.

I am not sure it has enough meat in the lyrics to translate to radio successfully. But we shall see.

pkc4rls

You've been MIA from CF. : )

^^ Gosh, you would think they could have come up with a better song for Danielle with such a big platform to promote her. : (

^ Well, I don't think they ask the person to come up with a song. The way it appears to me, after some research, is they look for songs out there and pick one they think is suitable and that people will like and then approach the artist to use their song they have chosen. It is not like the artists go to them asking them to use their song from what I have read.

opry051008

^ Well, I don't think they ask the person to come up with a song. The way it appears to me, after some research, is they look for songs out there and pick one they think is suitable and that people will like and then approach the artist to use their song they have chosen. It is not like the artists go to them asking them to use their song from what I have read.

I guess, but it's such a huge opportunity for Danielle. Maybe I'm wrong and the song will hit a nerve with people the way that Home did.

pkc4rls

I guess, but it's such a huge opportunity for Danielle. Maybe I'm wrong and the song will hit a nerve with people the way that Home did.

Well actually his was the same way - a producer for the Olympics on NBC heard the song when watching the finale of Idol and thought the song would be good and wanted it and someone involved approached him to use it. My take is they are not asking the artist's opinion lol is all I meant but just talking to them about using a song the producers have picked. But I agree that it probably won't hit a nerve like Home did :(.

JB172

It would be really badass if this opening ceremony had Rocky Balboa and Ivan Drago in it.

Last edited:

teesharky

BlakeShelton's Liver ‏@blakes_liver 7m Pretty sure my grandma knitted me a 2014 USA Olympic Opening Ceremony uniform, in 1986.

Bf6BX2gCEAADFbj.png

teesharky

Wow. Pretty big opportunity for someone who is not very well known yet, and who has only 1 song out in her entire career. haha Good for her though. She is cute.

teesharky

So do we have any stars this year on Team USA? No Michael Phelps, but how are our figure skaters, etc?

I know we have Shaun White and that speed skater guy, but with Lindsey Vaun injured, etc-- I have a feeling this could be a tough Olympics for us. Hope I am wrong.

Maybe we will dominate Women's ski jumping. (smile)

knewman19

It was a pretty good opening ceremony until the point where Ekaterina Gordeeva wasn't one of the final torch bearers but Putins mistress was.... um okay! #RussianFail

stuffy

It was a pretty good opening ceremony until the point where Ekaterina Gordeeva wasn't one of the final torch bearers but Putins mistress was.... um okay! #RussianFail
Yeah I felt Gordeeva should have been a bearer too. She's a two time gold medalist.

boilermaker

Gordeeva has lived in the US for 20 yrs but then so has Sharapova but she's from Sochi. There are lots of Russian athletes they could have asked but I agree Putin's mistress who is a gold medalist herself was obviously Putin's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.