Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

teesharky

Ps- does anyone find Tara Lopinski or whatever her name is kind of snotty and annoying as an NBC commentator for figure skating? I like Johnny Weir- but Tara is kind of a mean girl. She seems very critical of all the USA girls and a little full of herself. I hope she is not back in 2018. What did she do- win one gold medal like 10 years ago and disappear? Get over yourself honey. Lol

sorry I just had to vent. She has been bugging me all through the Olympics.

pkc4rls

^ Well with only about a minute left, I was hoping they would do anything they had to to get the puck down to the other end to prevent the score before overtime, but with not knowing anything about hockey, I am sure it is harder then it looked to do that lol. It just stayed bottled up down at "our" end (or end where our goalie was I should say - yes I don't know much about it lol). I didn't see what happened in OT because I didn't want to watch lol but ughhh our girls were so sad and crying during the ceremony. I wanted to slap the Canadian players for being happy rofl :). (Sorry Canadian fans - more of a joke lol).

Last edited:

pkc4rls

Ps- does anyone find Tara Lopinski or whatever her name is kind of snotty and annoying as an NBC commentator for figure skating? I like Johnny Weir- but Tara is kind of a mean girl. She seems very critical of all the USA girls and a little full of herself. I hope she is not back in 2018. What did she do- win one gold medal like 10 years ago and disappear? Get over yourself honey. Lol

I liked Tara and Johnny lol and didn't see what you saw I guess. I didn't find her particularly critical - just tried to be honest, without sounding too critical IMO. She said Gracie had a flawless perfect performance today except the fall. If she did nothing except say how perfect our girls were, people would then be wondering well if they are so perfect, why did they not win gold lol. I mean to me you have to be honest and rate how each person did so you can tell why Americans are ahead of these girls and why they are behind other girls. She pretty much said things about many at the bottom (but I don't agree with the "mean" word because IMO only, I did not find her to be "mean" lol). She seemed to always try to say nice things too on all and instead just say about girls that messed up, that they had a "rough" program).

Anyway, Tara won the gold at 15 in 1998. I would bet they both will be back because from what I have been reading, people seemed to really like them and they seemed to be the talk of the town, commentator wise, because of what they wore to match lol. In fact, there has been rumor that they may be moved to the primetime slot next winter Olympics because of how well received lol. NBC would not comment they said yet.

I mean the night time commentators are more polished and talkative because they have been doing it longer and is why Tara and Johnny are on the NBC sports network instead of prime time on the regular NBC (which in primetime on NBC, Scott Hamilton and that other lady comment on it). I guess I found them to be fair. If I had any fault, I wanted them to talk more because I wondered sometimes if a person's jump was considered good or bad, when they were sometimes too silent IMO. Anyway, oh well, I thought she did OK - and Johnny too - for their first time. I think younger audiences will like them more then even the primetime commentators.

Last edited:

JB172

I haven't seen any of what happened today, but Tara is being paid to be an analyst and not ass kiss the US team if the US team isn't getting the job then it's Tara's job to say so.

I am with Pam, I thought that she has done a really good job throughout the Olympics as has Weir.

JB172

I liked Tara and Johnny lol and didn't see what you saw I guess. I didn't find her particularly critical - just tried to be honest, without sounding too critical IMO. She said Gracie had a flawless perfect performance today except the fall. If she did nothing except say how perfect our girls were, people would then be wondering well if they are so perfect, why did they not win gold lol. I mean to me you have to be honest and rate how each person did so you can tell why Americans are ahead of these girls and why they are behind other girls. She pretty much said things about many at the bottom (but I don't agree with the "mean" word because IMO only, I did not find her to be "mean" lol). She seemed to always try to say nice things too on all and instead just say about girls that messed up, that they had a "rough" program).

Anyway, Tara won the gold at 15 in 1998. I would bet they both will be back because from what I have been reading, people seemed to really like them and they seemed to be the talk of the town, commentator wise, because of what they wore to match lol. In fact, there has been rumor that they may be moved to the primetime slot next winter Olympics because of how well received lol. NBC would not comment they said yet.

I mean the night time commentators are more polished and talkative because they have been doing it longer and is why Tara and Johnny are on the NBC sports network instead of prime time on the regular NBC (which in primetime on NBC, Scott Hamilton and that other lady comment on it). I guess I found them to be fair. If I had any fault, I wanted them to talk more because I wondered sometimes if a person's jump was considered good or bad, when they were sometimes too silent IMO. Anyway, oh well, I thought she did OK - and Johnny too - for their first time. I think younger audiences will like them more then even the primetime commentators.

I think that they both have been really good.

pkc4rls

^ Me too, thanks. Whew, thought maybe it was just me that thought they did good, especially for the first time. Nah, they were good today also - nothing different then anything you heard the days leading up to today. IMO they almost to me went out of their way today trying to be nice about all the girls-but yet trying to still say why they were lower. I mean when a girl would fall twice, she would say how good she was selling the program anyway lol.

teesharky

^ Well with only about a minute left, I was hoping they would do anything they had to to get the puck down to the other end to prevent the score before overtime, but with not knowing anything about hockey, I am sure it is harder then it looked to do that lol. It just stayed bottled up down at "our" end (or end where our goalie was I should say - yes I don't know much about it lol). I didn't see what happened in OT because I didn't want to watch lol but ughhh our girls were so sad and crying during the ceremony. I wanted to slap the Canadian players for being happy rofl :). (Sorry Canadian fans - more of a joke lol).

yeah my heart hurt when the US team started crying in misery when they got their silver medal. They were the most miserable silver medalists in history- poor girls.

I wanted to just give them a hug. They were just so sad.

teesharky

I haven't seen any of what happened today, but Tara is being paid to be an analyst and not ass kiss the US team if the US team isn't getting the job then it's Tara's job to say so.

I am with Pam, I thought that she has done a really good job throughout the Olympics as has Weir.

She just rubs me the wrong way. She doesn't have to "ass kiss the US team"-- but she could have been a bit more kind. She was rather harsh at times, and to me, it came off snotty. But we can agree to disagree on that.

I like Weir though. He could be snotty too, but it wasn't with such an edge. lol

pkc4rls

She just rubs me the wrong way. She doesn't have to "ass kiss the US team"-- but she could have been a bit more kind. She was rather harsh at times, and to me, it came off snotty. But we can agree to disagree on that.

I like Weir though. He could be snotty too, but it wasn't with such an edge. lol

Not to beat a dead horse but she was never harsh or unkind so just have to point that out again. Doing her job and giving fair, valid, opinions on ALL skaters is not unkind lol. I mean I can understand just preferring a different type of commentator to another but that doesn't make her mean or harsh or snotty. I don't even know where that is coming from at all is where I am confused because if so, we watched two completely different commentators this week. She summed all up at the end and praised all three Americans as being great and how good Gracie did and had a perfect program, minus the one fall, and how great Ashley did after all she has been through with Nationals and having to take criticism for being chosen ahead of others after having a terrible performance at Nationals, and talked about Polina doing great and being our future and never said one bad word about any of them. So yes we will have to agree to disagree on this lol and I will just forget about it now lol. :)

Last edited:

pkc4rls

I love Johnny, I think that he is great from the way he is honest to the way that he dresses.

Yeah I like how he knows who he is and is comfortable with it and doesn't feel he has to change to try and conform to a certain idea of what he should be - but then doesn't try to push it on anybody either. I can't help but respect that - braver then I would be lol. And he was very knowledgeable in his commenting on the technical stuff.

Anyway, Go USA tomorrow in men's hockey against Canada!! I will be screaming at the TV for you - so kick butt lol.

Last edited:

jeff

just another fan
after seeing the officiating in olympic hockey i think i won't complain about NHL officiating... for 1 day lol

pkc4rls

Ughhh this hockey game not looking good - or like it will turn out our way. I am finally worried like you were yesterday JB. Oh well.

Audra

I don't even know who to root for the gold medal game...one side of me wants to root for Canada and then one side wants me to root for Sweden, I have no clue lol
I just hope USA can win bronze and walk away with something

teesharky

Yeah it will be really sad if USA doesn't even win bronze after how well they did. Now I know how the Russians feel.

dang it has been 34 years since USA won gold right? Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.