Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Fan Club Party

lizcarlo

Thanks for posting! .. Loved her performances. Carrie should preform "That Song" more often.

gocountrymusic

Kingdom still creates water works for me. I'm a mess lol. Very cute how she thought it was time for the bridge and excellent recover.

Spinning Bottles is absolutely gorgeous too and the audience seemed really into That Song so maybe she'll switch a song out for it if they think the reaction was enough.

Thank you so much for posting the videos. It seems like it was a great time for all.

Farawayhills

Thanks so much for those videos, Donna! I really enjoyed the first three - they are among the most ambitious and complex songs that I think she's had in her repertoire so far, and are a good illustration of where she was going, in terms of innovation, on this album. The first two are Carrie-written, and although the third isn't, she opted for a pretty demanding arrangement in her production. Those three involve considerable nuances and changes of expression in the vocal, and I think Carrie shows a truly impressive versatility there, as a mood singer. Even with reduced musical arrangements, she delivers a lot of the complexity in the songs with her command of the microphone.

K depends on a strong build up of increasing layers of intensity, and TSTWUTMLT makes clever use of passages of warbling harmony between the voice and the music, and both of those were well handled. My favourite, though, was SpBo, with the feeling of desperation she conveys. I thought Scott Sheriff did a good job here on keys, and the string part was also good (I couldn't see who was playing - was it Sydni?). I think all three of those songs deserve to be heard more often.

(I'm really trying with SoBo - but it's just not my kind of song, so I'll leave that to others, lol)

maddkat

Staff member
Thanks so much for those videos, Donna! I really enjoyed the first three - they are among the most ambitious and complex songs that I think she's had in her repertoire so far, and are a good illustration of where she was going, in terms of innovation, on this album. The first two are Carrie-written, and although the third isn't, she opted for a pretty demanding arrangement in her production. Those three involve considerable nuances and changes of expression in the vocal, and I think Carrie shows a truly impressive versatility there, as a mood singer. Even with reduced musical arrangements, she delivers a lot of the complexity in the songs with her command of the microphone.

K depends on a strong build up of increasing layers of intensity, and TSTWUTMLT makes clever use of passages of warbling harmony between the voice and the music, and both of those were well handled. My favourite, though, was SpBo, with the feeling of desperation she conveys. I thought Scott Sheriff did a good job here on keys, and the string part was also good (I couldn't see who was playing - was it Sydni?). I think all three of those songs deserve to be heard more often.

(I'm really trying with SoBo - but it's just not my kind of song, so I'll leave that to others, lol)
You're welcome
That was Jordan Lawson on strings in SpB.
Not sure if anyone mentioned it here but Carrie said right before singing SpB that it was about someone she used to be related too.

opry051008

Thanks for the videos and pics Donna. That was a huge turnout for the FC party. I wish I could have gone this year but thanks to you at least we didn't totally miss out.

opry051008

Off topic but I am staying away from the tour threads so I can be surprised.

Since they have rebooked the Toronto show I have a chance to get better tickets. Can someone tell me if it's better to sit on the small stage side if I can site directly in the middle section or is it better to sit on the large stage side if I can only get seats right/left of the middle section? (I hope this question makes sense)

maddkat

Staff member
Off topic but I am staying away from the tour threads so I can be surprised.

Since they have rebooked the Toronto show I have a chance to get better tickets. Can someone tell me if it's better to sit on the small stage side if I can site directly in the middle section or is it better to sit on the large stage side if I can only get seats right/left of the middle section? (I hope this question makes sense)
I haven't been yet ( going Saturday) but it seems the short side would be better then the tall. Spoiler: it only gets taller as it rises

opry051008

I haven't been yet ( going Saturday) but it seems the short side would be better then the tall. Spoiler: it only gets taller as it rises

Thanks Donna. I don't understand the short/tall side spoiler, so I hope you meant the small stage side. lol. I can't believe I have to wait until October now before I can look at any of the concert threads. Oh well I'm just glad Carrie rebooked, the other events that were affected by the NBA finals, cancelled.

Have a great time on Saturday!

Last edited: