Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Kennedy Center Honors

thaifood

A few years back John Rich had a talent show on TV. He told the contestants they would have to write an original song to perform if they wanted to be an artist. I agree with you there is wonderful artistry in interpreting and performing a song. Imagine the two great, great song stylists Frank Sinatra and Elvis, neither of whom ever wrote a lyric!! Then there is the artist John Rich.

I don't now if it has been definitively decided that Elvis never wrote anything. He is, after all, given a writing credit along with Mae Axton & Thomas Durden for Heartbreak Hotel.

maddkat

Staff member
@carrieunderwood
37s
I was so honored to finally meet the phenomenal #LindaRonstadt, a true artist and versatile vocalist who excelled at performing all kinds of music. I hope I made you proud, Linda.
1f495.png
#KCHonors #BlueBayou #WhenWillIBeLoved #Inspired

ELtS37zXkAA8fMO

DaisyTweets

How cool is it that they're using Carrie singing When Will I Be Loved as the background music for the latest commercial advertising the show Sunday night!!! Funny how you never hear Mr. Ego -- the ego that bought and paid for the EOTY trophy -- vocal performance being used for any show that he's going to be performing at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countryfan2448

@carrieunderwood
37s
I was so honored to finally meet the phenomenal #LindaRonstadt, a true artist and versatile vocalist who excelled at performing all kinds of music. I hope I made you proud, Linda.
1f495.png
#KCHonors #BlueBayou #WhenWillIBeLoved #Inspired

ELtS37zXkAA8fMO

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]David Wild[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]@Wildaboutmusic
·
15h[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
Two of the greatest singers I've ever heard together side-by-side. So excited to hear
@carrieunderwood
honor #LindaRonstadt Sunday night on
@CBS
.[/FONT]

MelissaD

I wish Carrie sang "You're No Good" instead of "When Will I Be Loved." Trisha didn't have the range for it. Even in a lower key, she still had to make modifications to certain parts to accommodate her limited range. Sheryl Crow sang it a billion times better in the 2014 tribute performance to Linda when she was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

rainbow1

Well, Mr Ego tweeted about it...to Trisha. He said something like, Honey, after you sang, Linda said...."I love her"! (she actually did) He said it was a great gift to her (Trisha)! Made a big deal out of it.

Just want to ask, did anyone think Carrie's eyes were full of tears, when she came out at the end...with all of them? I think Neville had been Linda's partner on that song with Trisha, so it was pretty sad. Maybe it got to Carrie.

Smokyiiis

I would have loved to hear Carrie do Different Drum again! But I loved her Blue Bayou and When Will I be Loved. And my gosh she looked like a princess.

maddkat

Staff member
Well, Mr Ego tweeted about it...to Trisha. He said something like, Honey, after you sang, Linda said...."I love her"! (she actually did) He said it was a great gift to her (Trisha)! Made a big deal out of it.

Just want to ask, did anyone think Carrie's eyes were full of tears, when she came out at the end...with all of them? I think Neville had been Linda's partner on that song with Trisha, so it was pretty sad. Maybe it got to Carrie.
yeah, she had been crying