Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

maddkat

Staff member
they've released the voting timeline

https://cmaawards.com/news/cma-announces-2020-cma-awards-ballot-schedule/

The first ballot and instructions will be emailed Thursday, July 2, 2020 to CMA members in good standing who are eligible to vote. Voting for the first ballot closes Monday, July 13 (6:00 PM/CT).

The second ballot will be emailed to CMA members Friday, July 31. Voting for the second ballot closes Monday, Aug. 10 (6:00 PM/CT). The final nominees in each of the 12 categories will be announced later this summer.

Winners of “The 54th Annual CMA Awards” will be determined in a final round of voting by eligible voting CMA members. The third and final ballot will be emailed to CMA members Thursday, Oct. 1.

Voting for the CMA Awards final ballot ends Tuesday, Oct. 27 (6:00 PM/CT). All balloting is officiated by the professional services firm Deloitte.

Countryfan2448

That's good to know

But who knows what and if this will take place with the coronovirus going around and all the award shows being delayed.

I wondered who's going to be hosting it since Brad and Carrie aren't doing it this year (Or CMA may ask them to come back).

Well this is interesting that they’re making it seem entirely normal...I mean there really aren’t any guarantees that this will even be an in person event but time will tell.

carrieidol1

I kinda have a feeling Carrie will be nominated for EOTY again;

We've barely had a 2019/2020; tours were stopped, television appearances and events stopped, etc. Other than new music releases, singles, and social media activity, there isn't much to measure this past year by.

ALSO, she may benefit from being snubbed so terribly last year. It's not often the entire community seems to be behind you and then, NOPE - legend act.... again. I think everyone felt the pain, especially the women - it seemed written in the stars that Carrie would win; hosting with two iconic female EOTY's: Reba and Dolly, snubbed many times before, massive tour and successful "comeback" album era, an expansion of her international reach, extended her reign as winning-est artist in CMT history, CP certified platinum, etc...

I think the tour running through the end of 2019 plus the singles "Southbound" and "Drinking Alone" as well as the one-off appearances here and there should be enough to snag a nomination (since honestly not much has changed since last year).

They also REALLY should recognize her 12 years of dedicated service in hosting and bettering their organization; she's devoted a lot of time and passion to the CMA (and although they technically owe her nothing for it), you'd think by now she would have been recognized with their top award given her massive career and devotion to them.

Hopefully Carrie is nominated, and even more so I hope Garth IS NOT.

I kinda have a feeling Carrie will be nominated for EOTY again;

We've barely had a 2019/2020; tours were stopped, television appearances and events stopped, etc. Other than new music releases, singles, and social media activity, there isn't much to measure this past year by.

ALSO, she may benefit from being snubbed so terribly last year. It's not often the entire community seems to be behind you and then, NOPE - legend act.... again. I think everyone felt the pain, especially the women - it seemed written in the stars that Carrie would win; hosting with two iconic female EOTY's: Reba and Dolly, snubbed many times before, massive tour and successful "comeback" album era, an expansion of her international reach, extended her reign as winning-est artist in CMT history, CP certified platinum, etc...

I think the tour running through the end of 2019 plus the singles "Southbound" and "Drinking Alone" as well as the one-off appearances here and there should be enough to snag a nomination (since honestly not much has changed since last year).

They also REALLY should recognize her 12 years of dedicated service in hosting and bettering their organization; she's devoted a lot of time and passion to the CMA (and although they technically owe her nothing for it), you'd think by now she would have been recognized with their top award given her massive career and devotion to them.

Hopefully Carrie is nominated, and even more so I hope Garth IS NOT.

I think this depends on how seriously they consider the summer to summer eligibility period. I mean, technically a big chunk of her tour is within it in addition to now her book and the app. This has been a screwy year in general when it comes to award shows and how they’re even going to do the nominations, but I don’t want to get worked up about it. Even the ACM Awards in September I’m scared of getting too excited.

carrieidol1

So Maren Morris posted “For Your Consideration” advertisement, has there been anything for Carrie? Just curious... that’ll for sure tell us if they’re even trying again or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CU4ever

It'll be interesting to see what happens this year. Honestly, the only thing Carrie could win probably is EOTY- assuming they base the noms on last year's tours and she gets the nom again.

BlownAway14

Carrie should win EOTY if she gets nominated. For SOTY she has some tought competition. If Miranda is nominated with Bluebird Carrie could be nominated with Drinking Alone.

The CMA Awards this year are gonna be a crap show I feel like this year based solely off the fact that there's no touring in 2020, just the touring after June from last year. It's funny because entertainer has turned into a political math equation it seems in terms of ticket sales, but who knows what will happen. I have a feeling Garth will be one of the nominees based off his stupid scam drive-ins...maybe Blake Shelton too because he is doing something similar eventually but I think the eligibility period is now over. Don't think the period is taken too seriously though based off of the outcomes in many different years. I haven't seen a FYC from any other artists so I have no clue what is going on with Carrie.

carrieidol1

So...

I could see this going a number of ways. While I don’t think it’s likely that Carrie is nominated for EOTY, I think there are some things to consider:

2020 has basically been canceled, so in many ways much of the material/live performances/tours/albums/singles the voters are voting on are from 2019.

Carrie may benefit from a “sympathy” vote for what happened last year, and aside from Maren, Carrie is a viable contender for the assumed ONE female slot. If both Carrie and Maren are nominated, that would be monumental. Nevertheless, she could benefit from some “sympathy”, for lack of a better word.

However, at least not yet has Carrie or her team given any signal that they’re going to try again. If they don’t, then I wouldn’t expect anything but a FVOTY nom. I don’t even expect EOTY if they do try, but it would increase the chances.

I don’t think Carrie wins, and I highly doubt she’s even nominated. But these are times unlike any before - so who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering the strong emphasis that touring always ends up having, I am not entirely sure if Maren has that force yet to get a nomination for EOTY due to her mainly doing theaters. I know that it is not solely a touring award and extracurriculars are supposedly important, but that isn't really the case as we all know. I could see neither getting a nomination and it being all guys TBH. And I also am not too concerned about Carrie not giving a signal because as far as I can tell, none of the guys or any females have been doing ads. I had no clue FYC even started until I saw Jaymie on here point out her tweet and I am on Twitter a lot haha.

Zach1998

Sony recently had ads for all their artists in Country Aircheck and with each ad you could see what they were gunning for each artist in terms of nominations. I think we will see UMG do the same with its artists in the upcoming weeks, so we should see what they are pushing for with Carrie (if anything.) Honestly, with the lack of touring this year I think she deserves an EOTY nom just as much as the next person. She had the fall leg of the Cry Pretty Tour during eligibility period and everything else she's been involved with, on top of her book release, so I think she would deserve a nom. I don't know if she told her label to not even try for it though (much like what we saw with the lack of ads for the 2020 ACMs.) I'm fully expecting just to see the token FVOTY nom when it's all said and done though.

Sony recently had ads for all their artists in Country Aircheck and with each ad you could see what they were gunning for each artist in terms of nominations. I think we will see UMG do the same with its artists in the upcoming weeks, so we should see what they are pushing for with Carrie (if anything.) Honestly, with the lack of touring this year I think she deserves an EOTY nom just as much as the next person. She had the fall leg of the Cry Pretty Tour during eligibility period and everything else she's been involved with, on top of her book release, so I think she would deserve a nom. I don't know if she told her label to not even try for it though (much like what we saw with the lack of ads for the 2020 ACMs.) I'm fully expecting just to see the token FVOTY nom when it's all said and done though.

My bad with the ads haha, I didn’t realize that labels were starting but not Carrie’s yet. I feel like everyone has sort of forgotten about the ACMs by now, but I’m telling myself that she would like to win EOTY but is going for more of a dark horse approach.

jaymiee

Carrie definitely deserves a nom and should win considering during the eligibility time she had a whole 2nd leg of her tour with sold out shows including MSG which is huge! plus her book and fitness app released. Once again what other country artist has done this much in the past year? Garth showed reruns at drive in theaters so im guessing he will win

Im not expecting anything and will be surprised if UMG even puts an ad out. I just dont see how Maren is deserving of this level yet shes not selling out stadiums. Not going to lie i will be upset when another female wins to break the record and its not Carrie who deserved it since 2016!

maddkat

Staff member
^ Yeah Maren is no where close to deserving a eoty nom much less win. She played small venues(3-4K) except for one or two shows. Having a successful pop song doesn't make a eoty.

^I am not a huge Eric Church fan by any means and he was technically Carrie's competition last year, but I would rather see someone like him win entertainer this year because of his big arena shows. Last year I didn't want him to win against Carrie, but he does have justification with his touring. Apparently Kane Brown is going for entertainer...I have no clue about what he has done truthfully other than a few songs.

Has UMG not done CMA ads in Country Aircheck for any of their artists? I’m not entirely sure, but in this week’s issue of Country Aircheck at least there were no CMA ads from any label.