Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMA Awards

pkslongbeach

ABC (Disney) continues to dominate. I think it makes sense that it won the night (even with a small number) as I think people are home needing something special to watch.

Smokyiiis

^^ I honestly feel like they can ALWAYS spare an extra 5 minutes to mention those that have died. To exclude them is not a classy move. Besides, how in the world do they just decide who they are going to exclude? It just doesn't make sense to exclude anyone in the genre.

gagacasanova

Not surprised with Carrie, once again, walking away with nothing. Maren deserved Female Artist, I will say. I'm just glad I didn't waste my time actually watching the show. Also, she looked fire. The ratings hitting a new low shows how much a lot of people are over the CMAs.

FreeCountry22

Performers announced for CMA country Christmas, Carrie isn’t on it..

Ugh that’s really disappointing. But maybe with her HBO special she didn’t feel the need to and saving for a deluxe album release next season and will appear for that?

Really hope she at least does like some lighting ceremonies or Christmas in Washington or something.

maddkat

Staff member
^ an artist always needs promo for thier projects. The HBO special is a limited audience, would have been nice if she were on the CMA special over free TV airwaves were more people could see her.

MSCarriefan

It is also strange that Dolly or even Maddie and Tae are not performing also because they both have Christmas music out.

DaisyTweets

While I'm disappointed that Carrie isn't performing I just have to trust her judgement. She's pretty astute and savvy when picking her performance opportunities so I'm just going to trust her judgement. Besides, given the announced lineup there isn't anyone in her league and no one else that I'm even interested in seeing and 'hearing'!!!

liz278

I got my new TV Guide and it looks like the special is only 1 hour. In the past wasn't it 2 hours?

And it is very strange that Carrie, Dolly and Maddie are Tae aren't on it.

thaifood

While I'm disappointed that Carrie isn't performing I just have to trust her judgement. She's pretty astute and savvy when picking her performance opportunities so I'm just going to trust her judgement. Besides, given the announced lineup there isn't anyone in her league and no one else that I'm even interested in seeing and 'hearing'!!!

You seem to be of the opinion that she was asked & said no.

FanSince04

I haven’t ever really watched CMA Christmas anyhow, except for the year Carrie performed is “All Is Well” with Michael W. Smith.

txacar

I haven’t ever really watched CMA Christmas anyhow, except for the year Carrie performed is “All Is Well” with Michael W. Smith.

I keep that one on my DVR and watch it every year. The sets were gorgeous, and some of the performances were truly outstanding -- of course, All is Well is in a class of its own. Maddkat was so fortunate to be in the audience that night.

maddkat

Staff member
^ yes I was! It was a night to remember for sure. Lots of great music. I remember most of the artist sang thier songs twice for various reasons and then Carrie & Michael come out and nailed AIW. It was great ,and we were all so disappointed she wouldn't be singing it twice. lol

Steven77536

She should have won EOTY. Her or Combs. Church did not do squat this past year. Combs has had 9 #1s and deserves everything that comes his way. Are they scared to give it to a woman? I dreamed I saw a meme that had Vince Gill"s picture and it said "Hosted the CMA awards for 111 years. Won EOTY twice." And below it had Carrie's picture and it said "Hosted the CMA for 11 years. Still can't win Entertainer of the Year" Scratching my head.