Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 CMT Awards

Zach1998

Might get attacked for this, but as long as Carrie is winning Video of the year I wouldn't mind seeing some of the newer females take female video, as long as their fans can step up in voting like we do. I do think Kelsea's "Homecoming Queen" video was a beautiful one and wouldn't have minded seeing it take female video since CU got Video of the year. idk that's my unpopular opinion.

This might be a bad mentality but I really don't feel remotely bad about Carrie dominating at the shows where the fans call the shots...it just goes to show that her fan base is a lot more powerful than everyone else. Instead of being directly mad at Carrie other fan groups should consider that Carrie just has a larger fan base behind her, flat out. Carrie is the queen of the CMTs...were they actually thinking Kelsea was going to beat her considering Carrie's track record, lol? Everyone else can hold lots of Zoom voting parties, Twitter voting parties, etc like Carrie fans had been. I don't think Carrie should not win because of that. She has lost enough awards over the year she rightfully deserved, and these shows are a chance to make it up. I think everyone (as in the people who are upset) should take that focus and anger where there are such clear examples of politics and misogyny (aka literally everything industry related basically), not a show where we have the control.

liz278

Kelsey has 1m followers, Carrie has 8.3 m. I know that a lot of Carrie fans are fans of other artists, but there is a big difference.

jbrown

Might get attacked for this, but as long as Carrie is winning Video of the year I wouldn't mind seeing some of the newer females take female video, as long as their fans can step up in voting like we do. I do think Kelsea's "Homecoming Queen" video was a beautiful one and wouldn't have minded seeing it take female video since CU got Video of the year. idk that's my unpopular opinion.

Her fans have to vote for her then if they want her to win. I am always voting for Carrie no matter what. I wish Kelsea all the best but my loyalty goes to Carrie first. She already being cheated on lots of industry awards so this is her reward for having a loyal fans and great person and artist. Hope Kelsea’s fans will vote harder next time. She will get her turn someday, she is still young. Great job Carrie fans.

countryfan2006

I agree with you, the only way other females can win is their fans step up in voting cause if they don't Carrie will keep on winning. Everyone deserves to win, I'm happy for Gabby Barret.

countryfan2006

Women of Country
@thewomenofcoun
·
14h
“My husband was like, 'Oh my gosh, your fans like to vote’ and I was like, Well, that's how I'm here in the first place. They've been voting for me since day one. Since I was on American Idol”
@CarrieUnderwood
on being the most awarded artist in #CMTawards history

PRGuy79

Well-deserved congratulations to Carrie and our fan family. This is a tremendous achievement. And at 22 CMT career wins now, Carrie's record seems untouchable. Legendary.

jaymiee

If Carrie actually won at other award shows I wouldn't care so much about the CMTs but we've been voting for Carrie for 15 yrs, we're good at it and I love seeing her win

But I agree as long as Carrie can win VOTY I wouldn't mind female going to someone else. I honestly think Gabby will be big competition in the future since she came from idol too. Kelsea fans might never be happy

Louisa

I’m late but congrats to Carrie on her 21st and 22nd CMT Awards wins. Well done Care Bears. We’re awesome! Ha ha! :) Hope to see back on the CMT Awards stage in 2021.