Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ACM Awards

mbh

Carrie just topped herself again and I think stunned the crowd. Wow!
Her and CeCe together... <3

I strongly agree!!! Carrie Underwood's "THE BEST OF THE BEST PERFORMANCE, SO FAR". I can't believe she can beat herself because that Ryman Auditorium performances is **SO ENCHANTING TO WATCH ... IN A WAY THAT IT IS "TOO PERFECT" TO THIS WORLD**. Carrie and Cece together is "so masgical", too ... I have chills going down my spine. Carrie's willingness to challenge herself as an artist and a performer has made her music progressively more compelling with each new performances ... **MASTERPIECE** ... the voice, the vocal elements, the emotions, the arrangement, the production, etc. is "OUT OF THIS WORLD". TEARS!!!

Smokyiiis

Absolutely incredible from start to finish and I agree with the others that the crowd was mesmerized into a comatose state! Holy buckets! That was more than I could have ever expected

rcramer

The favoritism in this award show is something else! That or the voters are clueless!

Snubbing Carrie for Female Artist
Now Rhett won Male Artist!?
And Bryan won Entertainer??
And they had I Hope and The Bones as the 2 biggest singles by far last year and IHYAHN won..lol must be because was the only in that category with a man in it.. anyway..

I just cant on this...... So when does merit ever come to play on these award shows..... Also was it because it was written by Luke Combs...... LMAO

rcramer

The thing is that is not who someone prefer, there is a criteria to follow and Combs was the clear winner.
Not sure what Carly did all year? She put out a song with a male artist and hit #1 and a EP... what else? She is not selling or streaming well so not sure what is the hype about her?

What part of this does one not understand.... The award should be based on what the single of the year did for god sake...... And both Gabby and Maren out beat the song for the whole year.... So we just give an award for no reason or merit.....

Smokyiiis

Worst glitch ever
When Martina McBride took to the stage to announce the winner for single of the year, she correctly said "I Hope You're Happy Now" by Carly Pearce and Lee Brice won, though "I Hope" by Gabby Barrett appeared on the TV screen.

should have been I Hope

rcramer

Worst glitch ever
When Martina McBride took to the stage to announce the winner for single of the year, she correctly said "I Hope You're Happy Now" by Carly Pearce and Lee Brice won, though "I Hope" by Gabby Barrett appeared on the TV screen.

should have been I Hope
Oh really... Funny cause i didn't pay attention to the whole show, bits and pieces... But Gabby should have had that hands down....

Momin

I think the Single of the Year category doesn't just include commercial performance but production as well. For that, I think IHYHN was better than IH and TB.

rcramer

Oh well an award is just that an award. What Carrie can do on these shows will never be touched and the impact that it leaves on one is the greater win.. Everyone talked about her performance... Social media blew up......

Carrie is legendary.. That cant be bought...

maddkat

Staff member
they always award weird singles of the year
remember back in 2007 Give it Away won the award over Before He Cheats, which clearly was then and now the bigger success as a single.

Carrie Underwood Takes Us To Church

It may have been Sunday night, but it felt like Sunday morning whenUnderwood showed off her “altar” ego with a medley of songs from her chart-topping gospel album, My Savior. Opening with an a capella version of "Amazing Grace," Underwood then went toe to toe with gospel icon CeCe Winans on “Great Is Thy Faithfulness” and “The Old Rugged Cross” before ending solo again on a soaring “How Great Thou Art.” She showed why she was the reigning ACM entertainer of the year and why she deserved to be in the category again this year, though only men were nominated. Undeniably powerful

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...-awards/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

jptexas

That medley was the best performance I’ve seen on tv in the last 40 years. Carrie is and will be the permanent country female vocalist of the year forever. You can make a case and add best vocalist in any genre.

mbh

Oh well an award is just that an award. What Carrie can do on these shows will never be touched and the impact that it leaves on one is the greater win.. Everyone talked about her performance... Social media blew up......

Carrie is legendary.. That cant be bought...

Amen.

rcramer

^^^ That I love.... And Carrie knows she takes the world by storm..... And she just lets the ACMS know that snub me all you want, I still reap the harvest.....

FanSince04

Wow! I loved the inclusion of CeCe on TORC. Their voices are incredibly powerful yet mix so well. As always, Carrie impressively displayed her vocals and stage presence for all to see. I’m done getting mad over head honchos snubbing Carrie at award shows, because each time she makes a joke them with her ability to deliver stellar performances.

I want to be mad at what Maren said about FVOTY, but I can’t. She didn’t choose the nominees and was simply including them all in her acceptance speech. Sure, she could have called about the ACMs for not including Carrie in the category... but I think she’s still too new to feel comfortable doing that. Also, honestly she feels like an opportunist.

rcramer

^^^ I was fine with Maren's win, her acceptance speech was irritating IMO.. Which has in the past too.... But she deserved the win....

I listened to Carrie's performance on a loop while on my run this morning...it made the time go by a lot faster because of how amazing it was! I can't decide which ACM performance I love more, this one or the one from the fall!

adam1995

Carrie was fantatic! Sounded the best all night, of course.

Also, glad Luke Combs was blanked. That's good news.