Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ACM Awards

Bookgirl36

ACM EOTY Voting Criteria:

The factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, success at radio, consumption, success of music videos, vocal performances, live concert ticket sales, artistic merit, appearances on television, appearances in films, songwriting, success in digital media, and contributions to the country music industry.

If it was a “normal” year,I would say the criteria fits for sure. Here’s the point I was trying to make:Given the past year for a lot of country artists,how would that criteria work if nobody was truly able to entertain the way they normally would? That was the point I was trying to get across in my question. Obviously I didn’t phrase my question well enough.

Bookgirl36

The only nomination we know she'll get is Female Vocalist.

I’m definitely not doubting that one at all,it was just EOTY that I wasn’t sure about her getting a nomination for.She is always a given for female vocalist of the year no matter what year it is.

Bookgirl36

The only award she that we all know she going to get is Female Vocalist of the Year these other awards is up in the air. I don't think the ACM's nor CMA's do Christmas albums.

Female Vocalist is never a question that she’ll get a nomination for because no matter if she has an album out or not,she’ll always get the nomination for Female vocalist but I’m just not sure she’ll get a nomination for EOTY,that was the main point of what I was trying to say in my previous posts when the “entertainer” part of EOTY is up in the air when nobody was truly able to do that on a larger scale that they normally would.But I do agree that I doubt that the ACMs or CMAs would take her Christmas album into consideration when they decide who to nominate for EOTY,I just don’t see them even taking that into consideration for that award. Female is a given but EOTY is up in the air in my opinion,it’s just not a given or a guarantee that she’ll be nominated for that award.

txacar

If it was a “normal” year,I would say the criteria fits for sure. Here’s the point I was trying to make:Given the past year for a lot of country artists,how would that criteria work if nobody was truly able to entertain the way they normally would? That was the point I was trying to get across in my question. Obviously I didn’t phrase my question well enough.

Everybody had the same year. In a difficult year, the cream rises to the top. If you're an artist you work hard and create opportunities to practice your craft. Nobody is more creative than Carrie Underwood and I don't know of anyone who has been out there more than she. From a best selling book to Sunday Night Football (where she represents country music so beautifully) to iHeart Special with Grogan, to her gorgeous HBO Christmas Special, to releasing a highly successful Christmas Album**, to all of her special virtual appearances, she has given us a terrific year. While nothing is guaranteed, I can't think of anyone who did more this year to earn EOTY award.

**Number 1 on country charts.

adam1995

So, you'd advocate for less qualifications for EOTY because nobody could entertain? I think that's what you mean, however, if you lower the standards then Carrie would be even more qualified for an EOTY nomination. If she should get one with the current criteria, she should definitely get one with an easier criteria.

^I mean, when you read the criteria that the ACMS use for EOTY, ticket sales seem like a relatively small aspect out of everything listed. Carrie (along with other artists though not as much IMO) check off all of the other criteria regardless of touring not happening. Appearances on television. vocal performances, etc.

Bookgirl36

They should not do an EOTY award this year. Doesn't make sense.

That was the main point I was trying to make with my comment is that it’s hard to give an award for EOTY this year when nobody was able to tour or fully promote their music. Touring is such a huge part of that award and it’s kind of hard to give an award to an artist that wasn’t able to tour their music like they normally would.Yes,there are plenty of other ways to entertain other than touring but touring and ticket sales are such a key component to winning that award that I don’t see how they would give an award out given the fact that nobody was really able to tour last year.

Bookgirl36

^I mean, when you read the criteria that the ACMS use for EOTY, ticket sales seem like a relatively small aspect out of everything listed. Carrie (along with other artists though not as much IMO) check off all of the other criteria regardless of touring not happening. Appearances on television. vocal performances, etc.

The ticket sales do seem like a small aspect out of all of the qualifications for the award but it just seems like that has become a bigger part of the award over the past few years. After reading what she’s done in the past 6 to 8 months,she definitely fits the criteria when it comes to almost every aspect of the award,not questioning that at all. My point is that the criteria would need to be modified given that nobody was able to tour or properly promote their albums and music last year.

^Using the same rationale, there also shouldn’t be Female Artist of the Year, Male Artist of the Year, Duo of the Year or Group of the Year. All of those categories include ticket sales as part of the criteria. The same would hold true then for the CMAs also this fall. Not having EOTY or any of those other awards using the same justification that’s being harped on basically discredits an entire year of work within the genre.

countryfan2006

Ety88z5WgAAK8PU

countryfan2006

ACM Awards
@ACMawards
· 8m
Friday morning @BrothersOsborne and @KelseaBallerini will be on @CBSThisMorning with a special announcement! Eyes Any guesses on what it is?!

Zach1998

Hoping for a female and EOTY nom. At this point I’m her career Carrie should be a consistent EOTY nom; it doesn’t matter if she has more busy years than her others because even in her “off” years she’s still doing more than other nominees. Keith and Chris have been nominated in recent years and while not have done much.

jaymiee

Omg almost forgot about these... I obviously hope she gets EOTY and FV nom but for some reason I feel like she wont. Looking back she was like the only female that actually released new music and sold albums and had #1's...just not on the country charts. I feel like they wont give her credit for any of it :(