Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ACM Awards

maddkat

Staff member
^ lollllllllll that is weird they ignore her and the album but nominate Hallelujah for video??

simonplay

^ lollllllllll that is weird they ignore her and the album but nominate Hallelujah for video??

Exactly! I was like "ok looks like they didn't take in consideration her Christmas music because is not country music" but looks like they did take the Christmas album in consideration, so why is not nominated the only woman with 4 or 5? Weeks at #1 on the country album chart? She was everywhere on TV , sold almost 500k so far, etc. I know the other girls did some things too but don't tell me that Ashley was more successful than Carrie last year.. lol

Looks like the ACM love a little controversy every year so I say that's is the most logical reason. (Besides that the voters are a mess)

Zach1998

Kind of thought this might happen. There are so many females starting to break through Carrie might not always be a guaranteed nominee for female when she’s in her off years. I know she released the very successful MG, but I think the ACMs view that with a grain of salt. Carrie’s a legend and will be remembered the most out of any of those females nominated. I’m sure she’s unbothered by the lack of nominations. Peep the EOTY sausage fest lol.

adam1995

Also not shocked at no album. They don't nominate Christmas albums. That should not come as a shock to anyone.

maddkat

Staff member
"Kind of thought this might happen. There are so many females starting to break through Carrie might not always be a guaranteed nominee for female when she’s in her off years. I know she released the very successful MG, but I think the ACMs view that with a grain of salt. Carrie’s a legend and will be remembered the most out of any of those females nominated. I’m sure she’s unbothered by the lack of nominations. Peep the EOTY sausage fest lol."

in her off years? She released a cd, had a TV special, did many TV appearances as well as having a song at 11 on the country chart and #3 on the Hot AC chart. Also released a book, did a book tour and promoed Calia. The rest should do so much in their "on" years.

There's no excusing these snubs.

Zach1998

"Kind of thought this might happen. There are so many females starting to break through Carrie might not always be a guaranteed nominee for female when she’s in her off years. I know she released the very successful MG, but I think the ACMs view that with a grain of salt. Carrie’s a legend and will be remembered the most out of any of those females nominated. I’m sure she’s unbothered by the lack of nominations. Peep the EOTY sausage fest lol."

in her off years? She released a cd, had a TV special, did many TV appearances as well as having a song at 11 on the country chart and #3 on the Hot AC chart. Also released a book, did a book tour and promoed Calia. The rest should do so much in their "on" years.

There's no excusing these snubs.

From the way I've observed from how they nominate people is that having music in your home genre is the main factor. All the other five did; Carrie didn't, outside of their tail end of DA's chart run, which was nothing special. Your frustration shouldn't be at me, because quite frankly if it were up to me she would win any and every award she can. All I'm doing is trying to find reasoning behind them not nominating her. All the extra curricular stuff should matter (Calia, My Gift, Book, etc.) but I get the impression that they couldn't care less about that.