Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ACM Awards

maddkat

Staff member
timeline

56th ACM BALLOTING PERIODS

Submissions: Dec. 1, 2020 (opens 9am PST) - Jan. 8, 2021 (Closes 5pm PST)

First Round: Jan. 19, 2021 (opens 9am PST) - Jan. 26, 2021 (Closes 5pm PST)

Second Round: Feb. 10, 2021 (opens 9am PST) - Feb. 17, 2021 (Closes 5pm PST)

Final Round: Mar. 17, 2021, 2021 (opens 9am PST) - Mar. 24, 2021 (Closes 5pm PST)

personally I feel like Carrie should be an easy repeat as EOTY. Having released a successful album with all that promo.

I feel like Carrie was the front and center female during the eligibility period in terms of My Gift’s success (and she wasn’t having her success off of older material). Miranda/ Maren/ Kacey didn’t have a new album, Kelsea isn’t really competition, etc. I feel like she should at least win Female but I’m not going to hold my breath whatsoever. I’m obviously glad Carrie won EOTY in 2020, but she deserves to have an industry voted EOTY moment that isn’t a tie.

Zach1998

Carrie has had an excellent year. Her Christmas album was a blockbuster hit that reached fans outside of the genre. I better see her name in the EOTY category.

Bookgirl36

Carrie has had an excellent year. Her Christmas album was a blockbuster hit that reached fans outside of the genre. I better see her name in the EOTY category.

I agree with some of that but one successful Christmas album doesn’t guarantee her an EOTY nomination. I would think it would be kind of hard to have an EOTY category this year when not a lot of country artists were able to entertain in the way they normally would because of the pandemic. This is just my opinion but I don’t expect people to agree with it since it probably wouldn’t be a popular opinion to begin with.Outside of the country genre,I’m just confused on how her album was a blockbuster hit outside of the genre. I’m not hating on Carrie at all,just stating my opinion.As much as I would love to see her nominated for EOTY,I just don’t see how that’s realistically going to happen based only on her Christmas album and nothing else. The awards aren’t the only reason she does what she does for a living so I don’t know how much stock I would put in any of that.

Bookgirl36

timeline

56th ACM BALLOTING PERIODS

Submissions: Dec. 1, 2020 (opens 9am PST) - Jan. 8, 2021 (Closes 5pm PST)

First Round: Jan. 19, 2021 (opens 9am PST) - Jan. 26, 2021 (Closes 5pm PST)

Second Round: Feb. 10, 2021 (opens 9am PST) - Feb. 17, 2021 (Closes 5pm PST)

Final Round: Mar. 17, 2021, 2021 (opens 9am PST) - Mar. 24, 2021 (Closes 5pm PST)

personally I feel like Carrie should be an easy repeat as EOTY. Having released a successful album with all that promo.

I know you won’t agree with my opinion but her Christmas album,successful as it was even with all of the promo doesn’t guarantee her an automatic win in the EOTY category.I know what I’m about to say won’t be popular,but winning awards isn’t the only reason she does what she does for a living.

adam1995

I know you won’t agree with my opinion but her Christmas album,successful as it was even with all of the promo doesn’t guarantee her an automatic win in the EOTY category.I know what I’m about to say won’t be popular,but winning awards isn’t the only reason she does what she does for a living.

No one said she does this for awards. But as you said no one could entertain properly this year, yet Carrie was quite visible with this album and has had better sales through the period than most artists, plus a special for the album, she entertained as much and likely more than most artists, so why not? If this were a normal year I'd agree with you, but 2020 was anything but normal.

I remain skeptical of any EOTY nominations just because they usually have some aversion to nominating Carrie, but no reason she shouldn't be included this year.

Zach1998

I agree with some of that but one successful Christmas album doesn’t guarantee her an EOTY nomination. I would think it would be kind of hard to have an EOTY category this year when not a lot of country artists were able to entertain in the way they normally would because of the pandemic. This is just my opinion but I don’t expect people to agree with it since it probably wouldn’t be a popular opinion to begin with.Outside of the country genre,I’m just confused on how her album was a blockbuster hit outside of the genre. I’m not hating on Carrie at all,just stating my opinion.As much as I would love to see her nominated for EOTY,I just don’t see how that’s realistically going to happen based only on her Christmas album and nothing else. The awards aren’t the only reason she does what she does for a living so I don’t know how much stock I would put in any of that.

Yes this was a different year with no touring. Since nobody toured I looked at who was the most visible. You cannot deny that Carrie has been extremely visible. Countless talk show performances/ interviews, her holiday special, I don’t even feel like it should be a debate that she was at least one of the top 5 most visible artists.

As for it being a blockbuster album it’s sales speak for itself. The fact that it is almost gold eligible despite only being out for 4 months, was definitely the biggest holiday release of the season which rightfully earns it as the blockbuster title.

I’m just curious if you don’t think CU at least deserves a nomination, what 5 artists do you think “outdid” her to be more deserving of one?

Bookgirl36

No one said she does this for awards. But as you said no one could entertain properly this year, yet Carrie was quite visible with this album and has had better sales through the period than most artists, plus a special for the album, she entertained as much and likely more than most artists, so why not? If this were a normal year I'd agree with you, but 2020 was anything but normal.

I remain skeptical of any EOTY nominations just because they usually have some aversion to nominating Carrie, but no reason she shouldn't be included this year.

I think you’re taking my comment out of context here.This is just an opinion but I get the gist that some fans put more stock in her winning awards and when she doesn’t win awards she’s nominated for or doesn’t win the award,they get all mad and huffy.But to say that awards shows have some sort of aversion to nominating her for awards just seems really far fetched to me.I’m not questioning that her doing the promotion for the Christmas album and her sales and her special don’t matter,I’m saying I don’t see how that would play out into her being nominated for EOTY,that was the main point I was trying to make.

^why wouldn’t the sales, special, etc play into her potentially getting a nomination? Isn’t that the stuff voters should consider? That doesn’t quite make sense lol

Bookgirl36

Yes this was a different year with no touring. Since nobody toured I looked at who was the most visible. You cannot deny that Carrie has been extremely visible. Countless talk show performances/ interviews, her holiday special, I don’t even feel like it should be a debate that she was at least one of the top 5 most visible artists.

As for it being a blockbuster album it’s sales speak for itself. The fact that it is almost gold eligible despite only being out for 4 months, was definitely the biggest holiday release of the season which rightfully earns it as the blockbuster title.

I’m just curious if you don’t think CU at least deserves a nomination, what 5 artists do you think “outdid” her to be more deserving of one?

I think what I’m saying is being taken out of context here. I never said she didn’t deserve to not be nominated for EOTY or any other awards,I was just wondering how everything relating to her Christmas album would play into her getting nominated for EOTY. I don’t disagree with any of your points at all because they’re all valid and factual,I was making my point on how all of that would translate into her being nominated for and winning EOTY,I think that was the main point I was trying to drive home.

Bookgirl36

^why wouldn’t the sales, special, etc play into her potentially getting a nomination? Isn’t that the stuff voters should consider? That doesn’t quite make sense lol

I would think the album sales would matter more when it comes to winning and being nominated for EOTY than the Christmas special itself when it comes to the voters and how they vote on who gets nominated and who wins the award.

txacar

ACM EOTY Voting Criteria:

The factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, success at radio, consumption, success of music videos, vocal performances, live concert ticket sales, artistic merit, appearances on television, appearances in films, songwriting, success in digital media, and contributions to the country music industry.

adam1995

I think you’re taking my comment out of context here.This is just an opinion but I get the gist that some fans put more stock in her winning awards and when she doesn’t win awards she’s nominated for or doesn’t win the award,they get all mad and huffy.But to say that awards shows have some sort of aversion to nominating her for awards just seems really far fetched to me.I’m not questioning that her doing the promotion for the Christmas album and her sales and her special don’t matter,I’m saying I don’t see how that would play out into her being nominated for EOTY,that was the main point I was trying to make.

No, I understand what you said and that it's your opinion and that's fine, but also I'm confused about the part in bold. Why should anything she did not count towards an EOTY nomination? As I said if this were a totally normal year, I'd say having a Christmas album wouldn't merit a nomination (as they usually never have), but this year limited opportunities for all artists, and Carrie rose to the top of the heap in terms of appearances, sales, entertainment value, plus, she was still the face of Sunday Night Football, especially in the back half of the eligibility period. These are all things that help artists in the EOTY race, so why wouldn't it help Carrie?

adam1995

acm eoty voting criteria:

the factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, success at radio, consumption, success of music videos, vocal performances, live concert ticket sales, artistic merit, appearances on television, appearances in films, songwriting, success in digital media, and contributions to the country music industry.

t h i s!!!!

FanSince04

Cracker Barrel Concert, Radio Show, My Gift Special, Brad Paisley music video, Hallelujah Music video, Tears of Gold collaboration, TV Interviews & Performances (Fallon, Clarkson, Today, etc.), Sales, Chart Achievements, and more done during COVID-19! Naw... none of that should count towards EOTY 😉

All snarky remarks aside, yes, she SHOULD be nominated

PRGuy79

ACM EOTY Voting Criteria:

The factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, success at radio, consumption, success of music videos, vocal performances, live concert ticket sales, artistic merit, appearances on television, appearances in films, songwriting, success in digital media, and contributions to the country music industry.

Nobody matches this definition better than our Carrie! Entertainer of the Year!

maddkat

Staff member
lol , so who do you think would get a nomination since everyone was in the same boat?
At least Carrie released a cd and promoted it.

countryfan2006

The only award she that we all know she going to get is Female Vocalist of the Year these other awards is up in the air. I don't think the ACM's nor CMA's do Christmas albums.