Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ACM Awards

FanSince04

I just don't think he's all that special. I must be missing something, because whatever people think he has, it just doesn't connect with me. Seems like he's rather generic, and I don't really think his voice is all that great.

It’s his “relatable” songs lyrics and catchy songs. They do tend to sound the same and that’s my biggest critique, but man he writes a song that tugs on the heart strings or stirs up relatable emotions. I often felt that way about Thomas Rhett... then he moved away from that lane and with his new song is coming back to it.

adam1995

It’s his “relatable” songs lyrics and catchy songs. They do tend to sound the same and that’s my biggest critique, but man he writes a song that tugs on the heart strings or stirs up relatable emotions. I often felt that way about Thomas Rhett... then he moved away from that lane and with his new song is coming back to it.

I guess my problem is the songs he seems to have sound like they're generic versions of better ones already done before.

FanSince04

Well, it's Female Artist of the Year, not vocalist anymore.

I know you aren’t saying Carrie didn’t deserve to be nominated or win it, but “Artist” clearly points to Carrie even more. Released two albums within a matter of 6 months. The Christmas album had three original songs by her (minus FTOY), she co-produced another album with David Garcia, and did two specials. To me, that’s more artistry than vocalist, so of all the years this should have been her shoe-in year. Yes, people could say those albums were seasonal/passion projects... but that seems like a way of avoiding the conversation.

FanSince04

I guess my problem is the songs he seems to have sound like they're generic versions of better ones already done before.

On that criticism we both agree, which is my biggest critique with many artists. I even had that bone to pick with GG and CC... beginning arrangements and styles seemed to be very similar.

My wife just asked me if i was Jealous of Maren Morris winning? I said... Carrie is almost beyond the point of getting awards... Because what is the measuring stick.. There is no one to compare her to because she has no peers..Her performances are her time to make all her peers feel SO SMALL... They don’t vote for her because they are in a different league and aren’t qualified to judge her...

rcramer

СнцскеяшᏍd;4813161 said:
My wife just asked me if i was Jealous of Maren Morris winning? I said... Carrie is almost beyond the point of getting awards... Because what is the measuring stick.. There is no one to compare her to because she has no peers..Her performances are her time to make all her peers feel SO SMALL... They don’t vote for her because they are in a different league and aren’t qualified to judge her...

Amen..... She is in a league of her own..... And that goes for legends as well.... No one can deny the fact that when Carrie goes on stage. she leaves it all right there...... Always stellar.....

liz278

СнцскеяшᏍd;4813161 said:

I am really missing the like button, but you are right.

adam1995

I know you aren’t saying Carrie didn’t deserve to be nominated or win it, but “Artist” clearly points to Carrie even more. Released two albums within a matter of 6 months. The Christmas album had three original songs by her (minus FTOY), she co-produced another album with David Garcia, and did two specials. To me, that’s more artistry than vocalist, so of all the years this should have been her shoe-in year. Yes, people could say those albums were seasonal/passion projects... but that seems like a way of avoiding the conversation.

Of course, just clarifying the Maren Morris "sing your ass off comment", and people mentioning that the vocalist of the year should. But since it isn't vocalist anymore the category is broader. But Carrie at the very least deserved a nomination there. And then her performance showed everyone that she is not only the Female Artist of the Year, but also Entertainer.

FanSince04

Of course, just clarifying the Maren Morris "sing your ass off comment", and people mentioning that the vocalist of the year should. But since it isn't vocalist anymore the category is broader. But Carrie at the very least deserved a nomination there. And then her performance showed everyone that she is not only the Female Artist of the Year, but also Entertainer.

I agree.

AdamJ

When Lambert was winning every year, to try and justify her winning.

True. In my opinion, there was too much Lambert in the show last night. I thought the opening act was to excite and inspire you to watch the show. That was not true in my case and others I have talked with. It left me uninspired and underwhelmed and hoped that was not how the show was going to be like. I zipped through the acts, stopped at a few for a minute, and then went on to Carrie. Nice words from Dolly. Carrie was THE SHOW. Just Amazing as usual. Did not watch the rest of the show as I knew that no one could top Carrie's performance. Watched a little of Morris and her hubby's performance and thought they should have kept it in the bedroom and not on the stage. I thought the song "The Bones" was too old to still be winning awards. BTW none of those female artists are on Carrie Underwood's level. NONE!!

twaintrain

When Lambert was winning every year, to try and justify her winning.

Miranda is a decent singer but even she knew she shouldn't be winning a 'vocalist' award over Carrie. It wasn't even that point that got me mad though. It was the fact that Carrie released "Blown Away" and was by far the most successful female artist in country music by any standard and Miranda had no music out and still won. That's when I lost all respect for the ACMs. The over-awarding that followed just made it worse.

liz278

True. In my opinion, there was too much Lambert in the show last night. I thought the opening act was to excite and inspire you to watch the show. That was not true in my case and others I have talked with. It left me uninspired and underwhelmed and hoped that was not how the show was going to be like. I zipped through the acts, stopped at a few for a minute, and then went on to Carrie. Nice words from Dolly. Carrie was THE SHOW. Just Amazing as usual. Did not watch the rest of the show as I knew that no one could top Carrie's performance. Watched a little of Morris and her hubby's performance and thought they should have kept it in the bedroom and not on the stage. I thought the song "The Bones" was too old to still be winning awards. BTW none of those female artists are on Carrie Underwood's level. NONE!!

Like! I didn't watch the show either.