Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 CMA Awards

Zach1998

I’m starting to think they are graduating her from FVOTY, like they did with Luke Bryan, and are predominately doing EOTY when it comes to her. I really don’t know how Ashley and Maren got in over Kelsea or Carrie though as they both did nothing this year.
Sad to see My Savior not get in.
I really wish Miranda didn’t get a EOTY nom not because I don’t love her but because it could split the votes between her and Carrie, causing someone else to win.

adam1995

How I look at it is this, she should be a FV nominee, but never really expected anything beyond that. However, she received an EOTY nomination, so the voters are acknowledging that she is among the best. It could be good, because they obviously know she is a top star, and maybe they reward that this year, and not a Female vocalist win as consolation, like 2016.

She's hasn't garnered tons of nominations in recent years, so it shouldn't be surprising, especially when she didn't have a country album (though two #1 albums, including a gospel which was among the best selling, could have qualified her). But, I believe those #1 albums and everything else she's done got her into EOTY, FV, let's face it is about radio success mostly, and of course back room stuff (ex. Ashley McBryde).

simonplay

Ashley McBryde over Carrie!?? 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 this just shows that labels and companies keep buying votes!

If they were graduating Carrie then they should be graduating Miranda too, but WME keep buying votes for her. Nothing has changed! Commites or block voting or whatever they call them still control this shows.

In all honestly Carrie didn't have a country radio hit last year and is taking way too long to release a new country album, so I have to blame her too. 🤷‍♂️😌

FanSince04

Ashley McBryde over Carrie!?? 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 this just shows that labels and companies keep buying votes!

If they were graduating Carrie then they should be graduating Miranda too, but WME keep buying votes for her. Nothing has changed! Commites or block voting or whatever they call them still control this shows.

In all honestly Carrie didn't have a country radio hit last year and is taking way too long to release a new country album, so I have to blame her too. 🤷‍♂️😌
In terms of the award shows, yes she may be taking too long to be considered for certain categories. Buttttt she has released two albums, 6 months apart, within the past year. I don’t think she’s waiting too long to put out an album overall.

carrieidol1

The lack of FVOTY but inclusion in EOTY is actually a decent sign, imo. It means they’re acknowledging Carrie as an entertainer. First, her label can focus on just one - and the buzz is already there, she wouldn’t make the final 5 if there wasn’t buzz about Carrie being overdue and deserving. Second, it signifies that the CMA recognizes her deservingness - clearly they have no issue leaving her out; it’s pretty easy for them to usually in most categories. It’s almost like voters are going out of their way to ensure Carrie still has a chance, because the lack of nominations elsewhere wouldn’t be the case if she was actually a “favorite” in any of those categories.

In other words, this allows a focus on one category AND shows intent by the CMA voters to give Carrie her due, as she clearly wouldn’t have made the cut - if this wasn’t the reason - based on her omission everywhere else.

simonplay

In terms of the award shows, yes she may be taking too long to be considered for certain categories. Buttttt she has released two albums, 6 months apart, within the past year. I don’t think she’s waiting too long to put out an album overall.
Yes, I said "country album"

simonplay

Ok. My opinion still stands. I don’t think it’s too long to wait to put out a “country” album. She’s had those two to keep her name on people’s minds and in the music scene.
Ok but I'm talking about country awards shows and they are weird you know.. 😅 these are the same people that don't let you send a single to pop radio at the same time as country radio, they let you send a single to pop after peaking at country. Again, weird..

And if Carrie doesn't release a Country album this year, it would be 4 years without a country album and that is a long period of time IMO.