Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 CMA Awards

mbh

I always watch this to comfort myself for the snubbed in " CMA Female Vocalist of the Year" ...
Our Carrie has ... **"THE BEST OF THE BEST" VOCAL COLLABORATIONS: JASON ALDEAN, CECE WINNANS, JOHN LEGEND, DAN AND SHAY, NEEDTOBREATHE, DAVID VISBAL, ETC. ... THEY CRUSHED THE VOCAL COLLABORATIONS AND SO DAZZLING AND SO MAGICAL!!!**

Last edited:

twaintrain

^She's one of my favorite reactors. These days I spend more time watching reaction videos on YouTube than TV. lol

Reactions: mbh

PRGuy79

I always watch this to comfort myself for the snubbed in " CMA Female Vocalist of the Year" ...
Our Carrie has ... **"THE BEST OF THE BEST" VOCAL COLLABORATIONS: JASON ALDEAN, CECE WINNANS, JOHN LEGEND, DAN AND SHAY, NEEDTOBREATHE, DAVID VISBAL, ETC. ... THEY CRUSHED THE VOCAL COLLABORATIONS AND SO DAZZLING AND SO MAGICAL!!!**
I love this commentary - especially at the end when she says, "THIS is award-show worthy".

Reactions: mbh

liz278

I just saw on Twitter that Morgan Wallen's CD is nominated for album of the year but he is not allowed to win the award. This is crazy, first because there are enough voters to nominate it and second, there was enough votes to not nominate Carrie (or Kelsey or Miranda).
I guess I don't understand how these voters can even nominate this, but for them to basically say that they would rather nominate MW than My Gift or My Savior is crazy.
Also because of this, I am not feeling like Carrie will win EOTY this year or ever. I think the politics of this award show is absolutely absurd. Just my opinion.

adam1995

I just saw on Twitter that Morgan Wallen's CD is nominated for album of the year but he is not allowed to win the award. This is crazy, first because there are enough voters to nominate it and second, there was enough votes to not nominate Carrie (or Kelsey or Miranda).
I guess I don't understand how these voters can even nominate this, but for them to basically say that they would rather nominate MW than My Gift or My Savior is crazy.
Also because of this, I am not feeling like Carrie will win EOTY this year or ever. I think the politics of this award show is absolutely absurd. Just my opinion.
Well Carrie did release a Gospel album, and Wallen, whether you like him or not or agree with the CMA or not, had the biggest album of the year.

simonplay

I think he can still win the award but is not allowed to accept it on stage since he is not invited to this year show. But the album and songs can win if the voters vote for them.

CU4ever

I think he can still win the award but is not allowed to accept it on stage since he is not invited to this year show. But the album and songs can win if the voters vote for them.
Sorry but That’s so weird of them to do lol If he’s not invited, then why nominate him? You’d think it would be “no invite = no nomination ability”

adam1995

Her eoty nom just feels strange this year. Almost like it was on purpose so she can win this year and that will be it. No more nominations after
At this point give her what she deserves and move on. We know she earned it, and so do they, just give it to her, so we don't need to worry about it anymore. That's the way I see it.

FanSince04

I don’t think she is out of FVOTY. Yes, she isn’t nominated this year. There are other artists who haven’t been nominated after previously being included for a long time, then they are out back in the category.

liz278

Some of you have more faith in these awards than I do. I look at the past and I don't see how things are going to change. The political thing that has kept Carrie from winning EOTY is still very much happening today.
My wish is that she wins the EOTY before she isn't nominated again.

Zach1998

Her eoty nom just feels strange this year. Almost like it was on purpose so she can win this year and that will be it. No more nominations after
Honestly I’d be perfectly okay with that and I think she would be too. Do I hope that happens, no, but I think this is the last piece of the puzzle that she really has her heart on.
Really she’d only be missing out on the token FVOTY nom that she rarely wins anyway. They always overlook her material. Heck Blown Away (song) was one of, if not the biggest country song of 2012 and they only nominated it for music video. When it went on to win best country song at the Grammys.

mbh

Honestly I’d be perfectly okay with that and I think she would be too. Do I hope that happens, no, but I think this is the last piece of the puzzle that she really has her heart on.
Really she’d only be missing out on the token FVOTY nom that she rarely wins anyway. They always overlook her material. Heck Blown Away (song) was one of, if not the biggest country song of 2012 and they only nominated it for music video. When it went on to win best country song at the Grammys.
Very well said! I changed my PERSPECTIVE now in order to avoid being disappointed. FOR ME, the GREATEST AWARD that our Carrie got in 2021 is her "REFLECTION LAS VEGAS RESIDENCY SHOWS' in December, 2021; in March, 2022; and April, 2022 ... this means that our Carrie is still **VERY MARKETABLE AND HER DIE-HARD FAN BASE IS STILL SUPPORTING HER!!!** The SUCCESS of "My Gift" Album and "My Savior" Album and the release of "My Gift Deluxe" Album supported that. What is EXCITING FOR ME is ... can our Carrie beat "Cry Pretty Live Concert Tours in terms of HIGHER STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE? Indeed, the discipline of self-improvement STANDS OUT as one of the most BIG differences between our Carrie and other artists. Our Carrie is **LIMITLESS AND SEEMS TO BE ENJOYING HER JOURNEY!!!** with her RELENTLESS DRIVE FOR PROGRESS that impels CHANGE and FORWARD MOVEMENT in order to satisfy her DIE-HARD FAN BASE.

twaintrain

She'll get back in FV with some hits. I mean if Reba can get nominated on and off into her 50s and 60s, I think Carrie can still get there.
Exactly. I mean, she hasn't released any new 'country' music in a long time. IIDLY was not even released in the eligibility period. I can see why they nominated her in EOTY because she did a lot during the time period but wasn't active on country radio. When she has a new country album out she'll be back in the mix.

I think there was a time, Play On - Blown Away period, where she was taken extremely for granted. I think she is now being recognized as an icon/legend. Not by the CMA per se, but just in general. I am hoping this becomes the case with voters opinions.