Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Latin AMAs April 15

simonplay

FanSince04

"She did an amazing job, and she asked to sing her verses in Spanish. I am so proud of her."

For those wondering, David said that (in spanish) in every interview at the red carpet! He make sure that everyone was aware and appreciative of Carrie wanting to sing in spanish.

I love the support and appreciation!

Carrie looked like an absolute goddess last night! I adore her red carpet look! David seems like a really nice guy too, and very supportive of Carrie.

Suellen

that smile at the end when she knew she slayed <3

DbZCEPb.gif
“Like”

monkeyboy16

She looked stunning! Although not my favorite vocal from her, I’m glad she was well-received and got the exposure!

mooret

No matter what your Carrie fans say I LOVED IT ! They may had the sound different.. I am a true fan!! Love you Carrie !! Stay true to your self GOD/Jesus!!

liz278

She looked stunning! Although not my favorite vocal from her, I’m glad she was well-received and got the exposure!
I think the sound was off. Like David's mic was too low and it was hard to hear him and her mic was up too much. But what I heard I really liked it.

countryfan2006

I love it just remember that it was their first "Live" performance of it we all know there might be hit and misses but i hope down the road they sing it live at award show again.

MelissaD

Yeah, wasn't sure why she decided to yell the chorus like that, it really didn't fit the song and her lack of breath support just made it sound extra shouty. Completely drowned out David too, which kind of defeated the purpose of a harmony in the first place. Still a great performance though, and one of her best looks ever.

ChoctawCountyAffair

Yeah, wasn't sure why she decided to yell the chorus like that, it really didn't fit the song and her lack of breath support just made it sound extra shouty. Completely drowned out David too, which kind of defeated the purpose of a harmony in the first place. Still a great performance though, and one of her best looks ever.

Yeah, i agree, something in the first chorus was wrong. I think she had mic problems, because in the song, the chorus is sang differently, and they harmonize. But in the performance you could only hear Carrie, super loud
And we know she is amazing at adapting her voice when she sings with other artists, so something was definitely wrong.

MelissaD

Yeah, i agree, something in the first chorus was wrong. I think she had mic problems, because in the song, the chorus is sang differently, and they harmonize. But in the performance you could only hear Carrie, super loud
And we know she is amazing at adapting her voice when she sings with other artists, so something was definitely wrong.

That she was unable to hear myself crossed my mind as well. Definitely a likely possibility.

The Nanook

I had to go back and listen to the studio version and it does sound like Carrie sings at least two layers in the chorus: a lower one that is the main vocal and then another higher harmony, which is the one she sang live. So I don't think she's singing anything differently than from the original, it just came out harsh. The last chorus where she sang it lower was somewhat better, but still not the best vocal (except the verses). Glad Carrie had the opportunity to sing on a new stage and with David though. Looked like they had fun.

Also, limiting speech on a public forum to only "positive" discussion and labelling people as "fake fans" when they voice their thoughts and call things out sounds cult-like, tbh.

MelissaD

I had to go back and listen to the studio version and it does sound like Carrie sings at least two layers in the chorus: a lower one that is the main vocal and then another higher harmony, which is the one she sang live. So I don't think she's singing anything differently than from the original, it just came out harsh. The last chorus where she sang it lower was somewhat better, but still not the best vocal (except the verses). Glad Carrie had the opportunity to sing on a new stage and with David though. Looked like they had fun.

Also, limiting speech on a public forum to only "positive" discussion and labelling people as "fake fans" when they voice their thoughts and call things out sounds cult-like, tbh.

I actually just realized this today, too. I had never listened to the song with headphones on before, but I did notice the top harmony in the background for the first time earlier today.
My theory is that she was either having trouble hearing herself during the performance, or she assumed that whatever initial problem they were having with the mics was still ongoing, which resulted in her overpushing the vocal to compensate for the perceived sound issues. That, combined with the adrenaline rush of actually performing in front of a live audience again for first time in almost 2 years, just made it sound all the more strident.

Also, thank you - I agree. Most of us are all grown adults at this poin;. I'm going to be 30 in less than 3 years from now. The "real vs fake fan" accusations were a little more acceptable when we were 12-17. After that, it gradually becomes less and less cute and more concerning and pathetic.