Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 CMAs

countrymusicfan15

You guys! When the show started with that clip of Loretta winning Entertainer and her saying it’s an award she has been nominated for several times but never won until then and then it cut to Carrie opening the show, I thought Carrie had it in the bag!! Ughhhhhhhhhh heartbroken

Michael Reid

The only female winner since 2000 was Taylor Swift, in 2009 and 2011. We have now in the last 22 years, from 2001 to 2022. Out of 22 years. 20 men, and 2 woman wins (both Taylor). This is crazy, and men controlled

Michael Reid

Do they offer her hosting gig back, next year and go crazy, and only have Carrie nominated so she can win EOTY so voting blocks can’t rig the winners

countrymusicfan15

The only female winner since 2000 was Taylor Swift, in 2009 and 2011. We have now in the last 22 years, from 2001 to 2022. Out of 22 years. 20 men, and 2 woman wins (both Taylor). This is crazy, and men controlled
Funny enough, that’s the male to female song ratio on radio too. For every 22 songs, you’re lucky to hear two female songs

Reactions: hjj

Hil

Do they offer her hosting gig back, next year and go crazy, and only have Carrie nominated so she can win EOTY so voting blocks can’t rig the winners
I would love to see Carrie host again. She's phenomenal at it. It just makes for such a fun show to watch as an audience member. Also, I didn't think Carrie looked sad tonight in the audience. I think people overanalyze. I went back and watched the two times I saw her in the audience and all the other ladies reactions and she seemed fine. Just not expecting to win. Someone said Carrie wasn't smiling, and she was actually one of the only ones who did smile a little. She was laughing at the fans yelling her name for both awards. I'm incredibly bummed she didn't win, but I didn't expect it. I really hope they can somehow pull it out next year, or even at the ACM's would be really great.

Also the person talking about Luke combs talking to radio is billy dukes. Carrie has done tons of radio in the past, she's currently on tour so it's a little hard. I'm surprised she managed time to do what she did this year. I really hope she can win in the future. Maybe she will maybe she wont', it's all so political and according to Billy Dukes it depends on how much butt you kiss. This is why we all need to vote super hard for the CMT awards. It doesn't matter what the video is, it lets her know the fans love and appreciate all the hard work she does throughout the year. It's the only award we get a voice in. I'm posting in the middle of the night because my dog got me up, and I couldn't go back to sleep.🥴 I get like 2 more hours if I can manage. Have a good day, everyone.

rcramer

You guys! When the show started with that clip of Loretta winning Entertainer and her saying it’s an award she has been nominated for several times but never won until then and then it cut to Carrie opening the show, I thought Carrie had it in the bag!! Ughhhhhhhhhh heartbroken
You know my sentiments exactly! I thought the same thing...

The CMA's will never give this award to one that is not a WME artist...

Last edited:

rcramer

Just another year with a complete travesty. The award is hers but yet they still refuse to give. to her...

Well it was nice to see Lainey win. I do believe that she is the next big female in country. Like one said, first for a female to take both new artist and FVOTY awards, since Carrie.

Reactions: Hil

Smokyiiis

Certainly glad I didn't stay up for it! Ugh! For the first year EVER I had no hopes at all for Carrie. I would have relished the surprise though lol! I just don't think they will ever give it to a woman when there are so many blase men that stand at a mic and sing one truck, one bar, ten women songs.

adam1995

Not surprised she didn't win. Was a long shot this year, but hopefully next with the whole tour in the eligibility period, and the great reviews we can get a better chance.

Zach1998

Yeah a good argument still could have been made for her this year despite the tour not being in eligibility. She still had her residency, the album, Stagecoach, etc. within eligibility. Maybe next year (seems like we always keep saying that though.)

I guess I'm just going to have to look at these as an outlet to promote her music rather than expecting her to win anything. I do think that her, and a lot of people that debuted within the timeframe of her, are slowly being phased out of the awards. Luke and Jason weren't nominated for anything last night (outside of musical event.)

SpanishFan

Guys we already new. If Carrie didn´t won in her prime. Why now? (I know that´s she still in her prime but u know what I mean). She is not going to win. She would recieve the lifetime award in a couple of year and that´s all.

Next Stop. AMAs. And Crazy Angels performance. We should focus on vote Carrie in AMAs. She needs that promo and awards.

rcramer

Very doubtful. The residency, Stagecoach, and other festivals were all in the eligibility period and nothing. She just needs a red solo cup, bald spot, or mullet. That’ll do the trick.

She does more every year than any other artist, not to mention the most Opry venues than any other including legends.....

But if she stood at a mic, singing (screaming) at the people, kicked beer at them and or looked sloppy she would get the award..... LOL

As long as WME is involved, Carrie will never ever win it.. (dead horse)

twaintrain

I’m not surprised Carrie didn’t win. I don’t think the CMAs have ever given Entertainer to someone based on a Las Vegas residency. I think she will have a much better shot next year after having done an all-out tour. Not saying she didn’t deserve it. She should have won multiple times by now.

But just think about next year. She’ll be able to say she dominated country radio with (hopefully) the massive hits “Hate My Heart,” “Burn”, and “Crazy Angels”, and had one of the biggest tours of the year. Maybe after voters see her tour there will be no denying she deserves it. I KNOW, we say this every year but at some point she’s gonna be the Urkle to the CMAs Laura Winslow. She’ll wear them down baby. Lol

Momin

I think Carrie's last shot is next year as this album cycle is nearing its end, with another leg of the D&R tour and residency underway. If she doesn't get it then, she might go down in history as one of the biggest country music entertainers never rewarded.

SpanishFan

The CMAs are making such a fool of themselves by not giving Carrie Entertainer of ther year that I don't think even Carrie doing the Halftime of Superbowl show would win Entertainer of the Year.

FanSince04

Taste of Country might be feeling the heat 🔥 They posted an in-depth article justifying why Combs won. It felt more like a forced explanation to take away some of the backlash the CMAs might have caused.

The author of that article noted Carrie should have won in years past but it’s a GAME. The statement she needs to let her guard down a bit to win put a bad taste in my mouth. Talent shouldn’t be about who kissed the most a** or panders to the voters.

False hope was given by saying she’d be nominated again in 2023 and would win if she earns a #1 + doing everything I stated above. 👎🏼

liz278

Taste of Country might be feeling the heat 🔥 They posted an in-depth article justifying why Combs won. It felt more like a forced explanation to take away some of the backlash the CMAs might have caused.

The author of that article noted Carrie should have won in years past but it’s a GAME. The statement she needs to let her guard down a bit to win put a bad taste in my mouth. Talent shouldn’t be about who kissed the most a** or panders to the voters.

False hope was given by saying she’d be nominated again in 2023 and would win if she earns a #1 + doing everything I stated above. 👎🏼
Oh Billy Dukes is a huge LC fan. He has never been a huge Carrie fan. The only reason ToC posts about Carrie is because they know that they will get people to read the article.