Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 ACM Awards on May 11

maddkat

Staff member

Among the changes approved by the ACM Board of Directors are the Entertainer of the Year category will expand the final round nominees from five to seven. The Songwriter of the Year category will also be split into two categories: Songwriter of the Year and Artist-Songwriter of the Year. Meanwhile, criteria for the Album of the Year category has changed to increase the required amount of previously unreleased content from 51% to 75%. Similarly, the release window has been updated to better accommodate gradual release schedules. The Video of the Year category has been expanded into Visual Media of the Year to include additional formats of visual content.

Michael Reid

Thoughts on these changes….
Carrie needs to continue to release concert movies now. As they should be eligible for that video or the year going forward.

Feedback on EOTY going to 7 nominees. Basically gives them the ability to give both Carrie and Miranda token spots and still nominate 5 guys in the EOTY. So now no hate for no women or just 1 woman in entertainer.
Album of the year having to contain 75% new material I like as well. (Basically means Taylor team can’t submit red Taylor’s Version for Album)

rcramer

^^^ I agree Miranda should have been... These awards are now a joke.... And the EOTY should be totally revamped and merited to what it should truly represent....

Michael Reid

Pearce and McBryde still riding on their duet train.. (when will it stop) kelsea did 2 albums in the cycle, has been headlining her own show. So I agree with Kelsea getting in. Carrie is a snub.
At least it means, she has 1 award to campaign for, and if voters want her to win something and spread wealth, they will vote Carrie for EOTY