Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Billboard Music Awards

CU4ever

So, the Billboard Music Awards are taking place soon (instead of the AMAs) and unfortunately, Carrie was not nominated for female country artist. This is likely due to the fact that ever since Taylor Swift has been releasing her re-recordings, she is being nominated for country female (and she always wins). She also is winning top country albums and things like that (over actual country artists).

I don't know, but I feel like this isn't fair. Taylor isn't a country artist anymore, these aren't even new albums, and I feel like they should realize that and adjust accordingly. It kind of isn't fair and it has been arguably effecting Carrie. She didn't even get nominated this year for female country or last year for album, and I think it's safe to say she would have been without Taylor being nominated.

This was just a little rant I wanted to make, lol. I am sad they aren't doing AMAs this year, because we (usually) win those.

Farawayhills

I think this problem arises because, unlike other awards, the Billboard Music Awards are automatic (not voted). As I understand it, Billboard track all the relevant statistics (sales, streaming, concert tickets, etc) through the year, and the artist with the biggest numbers wins. So it really just depends on who has had the biggest year... (I think these awards have been dormant for a while , and are being revived this year)

As for who is put into each genre, that depends on Billboard. It would be surprising if they are still treating Taylor as a Country artist - but if they are, I'm afraid it's just their decision, and I don't think anything could be done - though I know it would be frustrating.