Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 questions with Sydni Perri

carriefan14

I reached out to Sydni Perry, current background vocalist for Carrie on the Storyteller tour, on Twitter and after a while she replied back. I asked if I could do a small interview for the fans so we can get to know her better. I will post back when she answers!

1. You're an amazing vocalist - how did you end up singing background for Carrie Underwood?

Sydni: "Well I've been singing in bands since I was nine years old, so it's just progressed from starting small and working my way up. I was with patty loveless for two years, which led me to jimmy fortune for five years, and now on to Carrie. I was referred to Mark, the band leader, by a friend, auditioned and got the job!"

2. Being on tour must be pretty awesome. What's the hardest part about life on the road?

"The hardest part of the road is being away from my husband, for sure. I definitely think being away from family would be the resounding answer from everyone. And finding things to do during the down time and days off. We're limited on transportation, of course, so unless there's something within walking distance, it's uber or just stay put. But walking gives you a good opportunity to see where you're staying, so it has its perks too."

3. Are there any venues you were super excited to sing at, or any upcoming venues you are excited to see?

"I'm excited to play Madison square garden later this year, just because it's so iconic. Of course, the Australia trip is one to look forward to, and Alaska has been a treat!"

4. And finally, are there any songs out right now that are stuck in your head, or any albums out you really love?

"Songs out right now that I love? It's not new, Alt-J has a song called Left Hand Free that I'm in love with, along with Breezeblocks. I have no idea what they mean or what he's saying most of the time, but it's unlike anything I've ever heard so I think that's why I like it so much. I like pretty much anything Hozier puts out, he's super talented. I listen to a lot of alt-rock though, that's my go-to. Covers a wide variety so it keeps things interesting!"

Last edited:

Farawayhills

Thanks for doing this.

She is very talented, and seems a genuinely nice person, who is really appreciative of fan support, and supportive of Carrie. I think her vocal variations, and generally more distinctive singing, have made a strong contribution to the live performance sound changes that Carrie wanted to emphasize in this era. Sydni has replied before to tweets, and I think she is likely to want to participate in your questions if she can.

Please let us know any further news

Kizmet311

Thank you for this! It's cool to get to know the band members a little better. I am so glad that Carrie has such a wonderful team. Chad Jeffers will always share a special place in my heart, though, since I use to be a sort of Pinmonkey groupie - following them around to concerts in the area. I have pictures with Chad from more than 10 years ago and I got one with him at the Fan Club Party in 2015. I even wore my Pinmonkey shirt to a Keith Urban concert once (since Chad was in his band for a while), lol. Sadly, I don't fit in that shirt anymore so I can't wear it to a Carrie concert, lol. I need to try to get into my pictures now that I'm all moved and have everything out of storage and see if I can find those old pictures of Chad!

Of course, Sydni is from KY like me, so I of course am thrilled for anyone from my home state that gets to fulfill a dream like touring with a huge country star!

Smokyiiis

Thanks for doing this.

She is very talented, and seems a genuinely nice person, who is really appreciative of fan support, and supportive of Carrie. I think her vocal variations, and generally more distinctive singing, have made a strong contribution to the live performance sound changes that Carrie wanted to emphasize in this era. Sydni has replied before to tweets, and I think she is likely to want to participate in your questions if she can.

Please let us know any further news
I've talked to her on Instagram or Twitter about yoga. She gives classes Shes a sweetie!