Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 years, gone.

cassie2

Staff member
Danielle, I am so very sorry to hear of your heartbreaking deliema. I know that you must be very hurt and confused, which is very understandable. Be gentle with yourself and please know that I will add you and your boyfriend both to my daily prayer list. The power of prayer does wonders!

I have had a few difficult moments during the course of my life and I have always found this poem to be of great comfort. I hope in some small measure it will be a comfort to you as well. Remember you are loved!

[h=2]desiderata - by max ehrmann[/h]Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

carebearcarrie

Danielle, I am so very sorry to hear of your heartbreaking deliema. I know that you must be very hurt and confused, which is very understandable. Be gentle with yourself and please know that I will add you and your boyfriend both to my daily prayer list. The power of prayer does wonders!

I have had a few difficult moments during the course of my life and I have always found this poem to be of great comfort. I hope in some small measure it will be a comfort to you as well. Remember you are loved!

[h=2]desiderata - by max ehrmann[/h]Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there maybe in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with allpersons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even tothe dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressivepersons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; foralways there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy yourachievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, howeverhumble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full oftrickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many personsstrive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself.Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in theface of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering thethings of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigueand loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a childof the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to behere. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfoldingas it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, andwhatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keeppeace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautifulworld.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

<3 thank you.

Pi314CA

Thank you. He told me he does not care about living for The Lord and he believed just being a good person and moving on.

Thank you all for your comments. They give be peace and hope. But I feel like that for a moment and the hurt comes right back.. :(

You are very welcome. At this time, this is very raw and indeed the hurt comes right back. My wife and I have first hand experience at something that has taken a lot of time for us to move on, ... and we still feel the pain and shock of it all from time to time. We live day by day by His grace as it is sufficient.

My advice is to take caution in receiving advice by measuring it against Scripture. At times, there may be a need to be still and know that He is God. And just rest and meditate on that. May our God of Comfort be near to you and blanket you with His love.

liz278

I was listening to the radio this morning and heard this song by Plumb called "Need You Now" and thought about you (and it reminded me to pray for you :)) Here is the story behind the song:

"Need You Now" is written out of a conversation my cowriters, Luke and Christa and I, were having, about how God never grows tired of our needing Him. He has this romantic, jealous, passionate love for us. And, He is just chasing after us and all we need to do is turn and say, "Yes." And, so, this song was kind of birthed out of me growing up with a stomach problem. I actually had a major issue with anxiety. And I would pray and pray and pray and ask for His help just to get through the pain. And, as I was writing this song and it was kind of birthed out of that experience, in the last six months of my life, I went through the hardest time I had ever experienced from the day I was born. I went through some things that I never thought I would ever go through. And this song has ministered to me more than I could ever imagine, [than] any song I've ever written ministering to me, because this song says, "God, I need you. God, I need you now." And, it's almost in the retrospect of saying that, "all the many times, I've needed you, those were a big deal, but this is an even bigger deal." Just realizing that he doesn't grow tired of that, and he's still as close as He was when I was in high school, praying in a bathroom stall for a stomachache. He's still as close as when I'm asking Him to be with me in the hardest time I've ever experienced in my life"
http://breathecast.christianpost.co...s-full-lyrics-story-behind-the-song-video.htm

I thought maybe this song would help you as you deal with your pain day by day. If it helps great, if not you might learn to love this song as much as I do.

opry051008

Danielle, I'm so sorry about your breakup. Life can be very difficult at times and I have no words of wisdom to help you deal with the pain. But stay strong, time will heal and all things happen for a reason.

Zman312

Danielle,
I am sorry that you are going through this pain. But I promise you, everything happens for a reason. God has something else planned for you, just be patient! Please don't even think about ending your life because of your break up! Your ex is lost and is trying to figure things out. You are only 20 and have much more to accomplish. This is just a small bump in your long life. If you love God, then LIVE for him, your family and loved one!

I went through a lot but over came it!!! You are GOD'S CHILD, MAKE HIM PROUD!!!!

carebearcarrie

He told his friend he doesn't want to get back together at all. That I'm too controlling.

I know he loves me. We were going to get married soon. ):

Carrieflattsfan

He told his friend he doesn't want to get back together at all. That I'm too controlling.

I know he loves me. We were going to get married soon. ):

Danielle,

I'm really sorry you're going through all this pain right now. I know it's easier said than done, but if someone who used to love you is now treating you like trash, he doesn't deserve you. Even if he doesn't want to be with you anymore, it seems like a major red flag that he is suddenly ignoring you, trashing you, and not handling the breakup in a more mature manner.

Sometimes people change and we don't know why. Don't let his actions control you or make you feel guilty. You should do what's right for you, because you have to make yourself happy above anything else. If he doesn't realize what he had and how much he meant to you, he doesn't deserve to have you. Go out there and find someone who treats you like you should be treated. :)