Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

42nd GMA Music Awards DOVE

Kizmet311

Country Recorded Song of the Year​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
Song;​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]album[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]artist; writer; label

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
1601​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"Are You the One"[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Breathe Deep[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; Guy Penrod; Tammy Hyler, Shaye Smith; Gaither Music Group

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
1602​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"God’s Gonna Ease My Troublin’ Mind"[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The Boys Are Back[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; Oak Ridge Boys; Trad., Arr. By Dave Cobb, Duane Allen, Joe Bonsall, William Lee Golden, Richard Sterban; Spring Hill Music Group

[/FONT]
1603​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"Living In The Arms Of Mercy"[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Something’s Happening; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The Hoppers; Joel Lindsey, Jeff Silvey; Spring Hill Music Group, Hopper Music

[/FONT]
1604​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"Run and Tell"[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Shine[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; Bowling Family; Wayne Haun, Ray Davis, Marty Funderburk; Big Ten House of Music

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1605 [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"There Is Nothing Greater Than Grace"[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]No Changin’ Us[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]; Point of Grace; Marshall Hall, Sam Mizell, Antonio Neal; Word Records
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Well, I've heard of Oak Ridge Boys and they are definitely country. Remember "Elvira" and "American Made"?

I've also heard of Point of Grace, but had no idea at all that they were considered country.

teesharky

I have heard of the Oak Ridge Boys-- that's true. I didn't pay attention I guess. lol

Oh well. This just goes with the year she is having. lol The bad luck cycle continues, but hopefully something will snap the cycle soon and start her on a good luck cycle again.

DaisyTweets

Oh goodness this is hardly a snub against Carrie or a bad cycle. The artists that were nominated are from the contemporary Christian community. Since Temporary Home didn't get a lot of air play on Christian radio stations, I'm not surprised it wasn't nominated when JTTW was.

Just like the country music genre with its different influences and sub genres, so it is with the Christian music genre. The artists nominated are from the country music contemporary Christian wing. Guy Penrod is the former lead singer from the Gaither Vocal Band and has performed a few times at the Opry. Point of Grace I believe is based in Nashville.

Again this is NO SNUB against Carrie. Its just that the other artists are contemporary Christian artists first with the country influence. Does that make sense?????? Oh well this is no snub against Carrie, of that I'm absolutely sure!!!!

DizzyDollyDee

I didn't realize Point of Grace was considered Country either though love their music. The song they were nominated for - There is Nothin greater than Grace - is really good. They won some other Christian award recently. Really surprised Carrie wasn't nominated but then maybe they want full Christian albums to be considered, I don't know - again not my expertise. Love TH and was hoping . . . .

Gator

Carrie's TH had been getting airplay on Christian radio. It may have not been enough to earn a nom. That's okay, it at least gave us "hope" for a little while anyway.

undrwood9098

No big deal. :)

Let's keep our fingers crossed for more upcoming awards shows. ACMs, and the CMT Music Award nominations should be coming out sometime between late March and mid April.

teesharky

The ACMS are already over as far as I am concerned, since they snubbed her so bad. But the CMTS might be our only chance to win Carrie an award in 2011 since it is fan voted.

We can't beat Taylor at the AMAS, clearly, since we lost 3 years in a row to her. But maybe we can win the CMTS and ACAS at least.

I have no expectations of Carrie winning anything at the CMAs this year, especially since she is taking the whole year off pretty much.

So the CMTS, and ACAS, are our only hope for 2011.

undrwood9098

The ACMS are already over as far as I am concerned, since they snubbed her so bad. But the CMTS might be our only chance to win Carrie an award in 2011 since it is fan voted.

We can't beat Taylor at the AMAS, clearly, since we lost 3 years in a row to her. But maybe we can win the CMTS and ACAS at least.

I have no expectations of Carrie winning anything at the CMAs this year, especially since she is taking the whole year off pretty much.

So the CMTS, and ACAS, are our only hope for 2011.

And the AMAs maybe. Have some confidence! Carrie might be there if she intends on releasing a new album in the fall/winter. Tee, it's one year off. She can still get a BMI, ASCAP, NSAI, and other minor awards. Regardless of the size, they're still awards, and she WILL be honored. Plus, even nominations are great.

We'll be okay. A year off from awards won't be a big deal. She's got 109 awards in 5 years. It's okay if someone else takes some gold. Carrie will be back on top once her next album comes around.

Carrieflattsfan

As a side note, Carrie's good friend Jay Demarcus (from Rascal Flatts) earned a Dove Nomination for his production on Austin Bridge's album.:D

teesharky

And the AMAs maybe. Have some confidence! Carrie might be there if she intends on releasing a new album in the fall/winter. Tee, it's one year off. She can still get a BMI, ASCAP, NSAI, and other minor awards. Regardless of the size, they're still awards, and she WILL be honored. Plus, even nominations are great.

We'll be okay. A year off from awards won't be a big deal. She's got 109 awards in 5 years. It's okay if someone else takes some gold. Carrie will be back on top once her next album comes around.

Carrie may be at the AMAS to perform to promote her lead single like she did for CC, but she is not eligible for an album this year as PO won last year. So her only nomination will be Favorite Female Country Artist, and it will be against Taylor and Miranda again. lol We have lost to Taylor 3 years in a row, so unless something major changes, I can't see Carrie winning. But she may appear and perform, hopefully, as she has may have a new song to promote.

I am just trying to be honest, not negative. The AMA nominations are based on sales and chart success-- but then the rest is fan voted. Given that Carrie has no songs on the radio in 2011 so far, and her sales are on the decline since there is no 5th single, she will be lucky to be nominated at all for an AMA. We have not beat Taylor there yet, so it is going to be a tough road to do so this year, especially on a year she is taking off.

teesharky

Oh goodness this is hardly a snub against Carrie or a bad cycle. The artists that were nominated are from the contemporary Christian community. Since Temporary Home didn't get a lot of air play on Christian radio stations, I'm not surprised it wasn't nominated when JTTW was.

Just like the country music genre with its different influences and sub genres, so it is with the Christian music genre. The artists nominated are from the country music contemporary Christian wing. Guy Penrod is the former lead singer from the Gaither Vocal Band and has performed a few times at the Opry. Point of Grace I believe is based in Nashville.

Again this is NO SNUB against Carrie. Its just that the other artists are contemporary Christian artists first with the country influence. Does that make sense?????? Oh well this is no snub against Carrie, of that I'm absolutely sure!!!!

I don't think anyone here said Carrie was snubbed. Did I miss something? lol I just said it was bad luck. That is not the same as a snub. lol

I am weird though because I believe luck and good things go in cycles. Sometimes, you have 3 or more bad things happening in a row, and just when you want to give up, your luck changes for the better, and you have a cycle of all good things happening. So I think Carrie will enter the good luck cycle again soon...since so many bad things have happened lately in 2011. It can't possibly get worse, so it will get better, and soon. :)

teesharky

^ lol. See I am not all negative. lol I am just disillusioned lately. lol

I do think bad cycles eventually give rise to good cycles though. It always seems that way in my own life. lol Just when you can't take anymore bad stuff, amazing things happen. :)