Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Single from Cry Pretty?

What will be single 4 from CP?

• Drinking Alone

Votes: 55 71.4%
  • The Bullet

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Low

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Ghost on the Stereo

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

Farawayhills

The Dvd was filmed in Cininnati

The Music Video was filmed in Clevealnd

PSA:
I need help getting back on twitter they are asking for phone number (once I give them a phone number they will send me a code to get back on)and the one i giving them they aren't accpeting and it was working fine last night. I won't able to post about the concerts if I can't get back on.

This page gives advice on what to do if you are locked out of your Twitter account:
https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/locked-and-limited-accounts

It does say that they may need a phone number, to send you a verification code. If you can, it may be easiest to give them a mobile (cell) number, since they can then send you a text message, which is probably the clearest way to get the right code. But they will also speak to you over a land line if necessary.
If they don't recognize the number you have given them, it may be because you earlier associated a particular phone number with your account (in which case you must use the same number now, to prove it is you). If that is not the case, I'm afraid I don't know the reason why. You could try giving them another number, if you have access to one, or asking a family member to help. Otherwise, I suggest contacting them to ask what to do next. This address should enable you to reach their support team:
https://help.twitter.com/forms/signin

CU4ever

Honestly - the More I listen to DA; the more I can see radio really eating it up. It’s got a fun uptempo beat like some of Carrie’s smashes from way back when such as UI, CC, etc. If southbound went number one, I say this should too!

Groan. I'm disappointed. I think this is a panic move from the label to release the most "Carrie" song from this album. I really hoped we were moving in a new direction but this such a backwards move IMO.

There is nothing special about this track for me. I don't think I have ever listened to it more than once in full. Hopefully I'm in the minority and it does well. Fingers crossed

HuiZ

Groan. I'm disappointed. I think this is a panic move from the label to release the most "Carrie" song from this album. I really hoped we were moving in a new direction but this such a backwards move IMO.

There is nothing special about this track for me. I don't think I have ever listened to it more than once in full. Hopefully I'm in the minority and it does well. Fingers crossed
Panic move was Southbound, but it was definitely necessary after 2 disappointing chart runs.

This though, is fantastic move. Fresh, but with some classic Carrie sassiness. Killer vocals, instantly memorable chorus, relatable lyrics to many.

The album track is a tad long for radio though. Maybe we will get a shorter edit?

gwade82

I think because you say that DA is the most Carrie song on the album is the perfect reason to release it.

adam1995

To me this is one of the least Carrie tracks. Something like LW was a Carrie track. DA is something she hasn't really done too much before, in my opinion. Plus, releasing a fan favorite, and easily the most requested track, doesn't seem like a panic move.

maddkat

Staff member
^ I remember Carrie specifically mentioning last fall how much she loved it and they had to wait for the right time to release it.

plus opening the tour with SB pretty much shows it wasn't a panic move.

HuiZ

DA should have been the 2nd single instead of LW. Then Southbound for summer, followed by Low to be released now. Sigh...

maddkat

Staff member
^ maybe but if it was we wouldn't probably have gotten any live performances of it. Maybe the CMAs but a 7 month pregnant woman singing DA would have been weird. lol

I think because you say that DA is the most Carrie song on the album is the perfect reason to release it.

This era was meant to be about trying new things and moving forward in different directions. Isnt that why she left Sony?

I feel like the era is still young and I hope this isn't the final single. They've really dropped the ball this era regarding single choices. It's like CCAall over again.

CU4ever

This era was meant to be about trying new things and moving forward in different directions. Isnt that why she left Sony?

I feel like the era is still young and I hope this isn't the final single. They've really dropped the ball this era regarding single choices. It's like CCAall over again.

I would not say that it is like CCA all over again. CCA was the fan favorite that everyone wanted released. This era, it overwhelmingly seemed to be DA that everyone wanted badly to be released - and now it is.

adam1995

So....someone at Pulse, who supposedly knows a little something about the country industry, said DA probably is not the single just a TV performance. That better not be true. Not even a good joke, if that's the case.

simonplay

^ DA is the next single based on this:

"Carrie will most likely debut her next radio single on the CMA Awards broadcast, but she’s keeping that song choice under wraps for now. Carrie did drop a few hints, though.

“It is one fans have been asking for, and I’m excited about it. We do it in the show.”

HuiZ

So....someone at Pulse, who supposedly knows a little something about the country industry, said DA probably is not the single just a TV performance. That better not be true. Not even a good joke, if that's the case.
Sounds like speculation on his part.

I will bet on him being wrong.

gwade82

After following Carrie since her Idol win, I am happy with whatever direction she chooses to go. I just enjoy her voice and character. I will be happy with the next 14 years.

Curr

DA should have been the 2nd single instead of LW. Then Southbound for summer, followed by Low to be released now. Sigh...

This could have been a possibility. However, the idea of a very pregnant Carrie performing “Drinking Alone” may have been a curveball.