Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

55th ACM Awards

monkeyboy16

The ACMs are teasing a special announcement in 2 days on social media. It’s so early for them to be teasing something, no? I wonder if they are moving them up

Smokyiiis

Dying to know what it is but likely never to be as good as the CMAs and their choice of hosts sometimes gag me

Last edited:

simonplay

So this is the special announcement... lol

ACM Awards
@ACMawards
It's time to announce that the 55th #ACMawards and #ACMparty For a Cause will return to Las Vegas on April 4 & 5! Sign-up for the ACM A-List for first dibs at tickets. The pre-sale starts Wednesday, September 18. Here's a look at what we have in store! ✨

maddkat

Staff member
So this is the special announcement... lol

ACM Awards
@ACMawards
It's time to announce that the 55th #ACMawards and #ACMparty For a Cause will return to Las Vegas on April 4 & 5! Sign-up for the ACM A-List for first dibs at tickets. The pre-sale starts Wednesday, September 18. Here's a look at what we have in store! ✨
lame announcement to hype up

simonplay

So I was reading the ACM's criteria for Entertainer and Garth should not even be nominated but he will... anyway I think Carrie have a better shot at winning here..

"The factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, success at radio, sales of pre-recorded music, success of music videos, vocal performances, live concert ticket sales, artistic merit, appearances on television, appearances in films, songwriting, success in digital media, and contributions to the country music industry."

A 3 times Entertainer of the Year sounds much better.. lol

nccountrygal

So I was reading the ACM's criteria for Entertainer and Garth should not even be nominated but he will... anyway I think Carrie have a better shot at winning here..

"The factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, success at radio, sales of pre-recorded music, success of music videos, vocal performances, live concert ticket sales, artistic merit, appearances on television, appearances in films, songwriting, success in digital media, and contributions to the country music industry."

I would not get my hopes up. Carrie certainly deserves an EOTY nomination but just remember that the year she was nominated for EOTY at the CMA's in 2016 she did not get a EOTY nomination at the 2017 ACM's. Also that year Garth did get an EOTY nomination but he did not win. Jason Aldean won that year. Also if both Carrie and Garth get a EOTY nomination at ACM's then we all know the outcome will be the same as the CMA's. Garth will make it his mission to ensure that he wins!

Zman312

^lol, yes, please let’s not start. These are the same voters, she is not winning anything. Dont think she will even get a nomination. Carrie only gets a nomination if she is touring. When was her last nomination at the ACM for EOTY?

nccountrygal

^lol, yes, please let’s not start. These are the same voters, she is not winning anything. Dont think she will even get a nomination. Carrie only gets a nomination if she is touring. When was her last nomination at the ACM for EOTY?

She has not received an EOTY nomination at the ACM's since the last time she won her second EOTY award.

Carrieroxmysox2011

Really? I never knew it was the same voters.

sco

She has not received an EOTY nomination at the ACM's since the last time she won her second EOTY award.

I’m with maddkat that we shouldn’t worry about it until the nominations come out. However this assertion is incorrect. She was nominated in 2017 after the Storyteller tour ( she lost to Jason Aldean). Some of the ACM and CMA voters are the same but not all.

nccountrygal

I’m with maddkat that we shouldn’t worry about it until the nominations come out. However this assertion is incorrect. She was nominated in 2017 after the Storyteller tour ( she lost to Jason Aldean). Some of the ACM and CMA voters are the same but not all.

Sorry I was wrong. You are correct. Anyway, even if she gets a nomination for EOTY I would not expect her to win if Garth is nominated also for EOTY.

Countryfan2448

I know Carrie's going to be up for Female

Maybe Album,Song and Single and Music Video and maybe? Entertainer. we see when the nominations comes out in Janurary or Feburary.

Last edited:

Countryfan2448

EJenAryXYAERLAt
EJenAr0WwAAvTRu