Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

55th ACM Awards

maddkat

Staff member
^ I contributed a bunch to that total last night.

Not reading this whole thread so I hope you guys ,for the most part, behaved.

I finally got to see Carrie's BHC ,the medley, and her acceptance speech.

BHC ( weird choice having them sing old songs) .... I've heard it live about 100 times now. It was good. :)
I love that Carrie took the awards & the TV audience seriously all dressed up and looking beautiful, the guys looked like street bums. What is up with that?

The medley.... be still my heart when she started 'Crazy'. Such a gorgeous song and I have wanted her to cover that since I heard her version when she was just a baby. It was so beautiful, just ahhhh her voice just nailed it! It was my favorite of the six by far and would love a full version someday. The whole medley was so well thought out ,so well executed, you could feel the love Carrie has for that music and those women.
Carrie is in a league of her own in her ability to sing so many different styles so effortlessly. It really is incredible. Also want to give her a shout out for the stage performance itself playing to an empty building. You would never had known there was no one there except the silence after. That's our EOTY!

EOTY.... a tie *sigh* why are so many of the voters so hesitant to vote for a female who has worked her butt off for years! Anyhoo she won (finally!!)and I'll just consider her the sole winner. lol Her speech was per usual excellent. Not succumbing to ego, like some we know, and acknowledging the work of her fellow nominees.

glenn7

Not reading this whole thread so I hope you guys ,for the most part, behaved.

I finally got to see Carrie's BHC th medley and her acceptance speech.

BHC ( weird choice having them sing old songs) .... I've heard it live about 100 times now. It was good. :)
I love that Carrie took the awards & the TV audience seriously all dressed up and looking beautiful, the guys looked like street bums. What is up with that?

The medley.... be still my heart when she started 'Crazy'. Such a gorgeous song and I have wanted her to cover that since I heard her version when she was just a baby. It was so beautiful, just ahhhh her voice just nailed it! It was my favorite of the six by far and would love a full version someday. The whole medley was so well thought out ,so well executed, you could feel the love Carrie has for that music and those women.
Carrie is in a league of her own in her ability to sing so many different styles so effortlessly. It really is incredible. Also want to give her a shout out for the stage performance itself playing to an empty building. You would never had known there was no one there except the silence after. That's our EOTY!

EOTY.... a tie *sigh* why are so many of the voters so hesitant to vote for a female who has worked her butt off for years! Anyhoo she won (finally!!)and I'll just consider her the sole winner. lol Her speech was per usual excellent. Not succumbing to ego, like some we know, and acknowledging the work of her fellow nominees.

Crazy gave me chills, so glad you are OK D.

rcramer

Excellent post Donna and I have to agree 100%...

When she did Crazy, I was like wow, what cant you sing.....I really enjoyed how they showcased the Opry in lights and the arrangement for Carrie's performance...

I think my whole Country music CD collection are mostly off women.... They have paved the way for years and years..... Why they have to do what they do just to get the EOTY award is not fair at all..... County music has always been so biased with the males and I still have no clue why..... Some of the strongest female singers have out performed the men on so many levels not to include crazy vocals like that of Carrie Underwood..

I thank the women of country music, they are the ones that got me to even like Country music in the first place...

DaisyTweets

So glad to hear you're ok D! Gotta admit that I was wondering where you were as well.

Carrie NEVER ceases to AMAZE me! She truly is a once in a lifetime artist/entertainer. I was amazed and impressed with her vocals. I mean lets face it she probably hasn't done much singing during this crazy time and a voice is like so many other things it needs to be used and exercised. She was truly amazing. And showed why she deserved her EOTY award!!!

ETA: I know I was wondering where Ed and the new fiddle player were -- guess I just figured that they had other commitments but didn't hear or see anything for sure.

MSCarriefan

277K views at the moment and still trending on YouTube. That's not counting the views on Facebook and Instagram where they posted the entire performance on her pages.

maddkat

Staff member
Chris Collingsworth congratulated Carrie on SNF tonight

@MollyVegas

Aw, @CollinsworthPFF wished @carrieunderwood congrats on ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
1f64c-1f3fb.png
#ACMS
1f451.png

https://twitter.com/MollyVegas/status/1307875605975838720

DaisyTweets

Did anyone find a Dolly comment on Carrie's performance? Seems she's the only one who didn't comment.

Also, if anyone finds out any info about Ed, please share! thanks