Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Single Poll

Zach1998

Anyone ever get mad thinking that Carrie could have around 30 or more #1s had she released more than just 4 singles per album. Because on every album she’s released she could have had at least another 2 singles from each and all would have most likely went #1 because everything she used to release did.

Anyone ever get mad thinking that Carrie could have around 30 or more #1s had she released more than just 4 singles per album. Because on every album she’s released she could have had at least another 2 singles from each and all would have most likely went #1 because everything she used to release did.

I think about the same thing. I also think about music piracy too and how that has impacted sales and everything over the years, but I suppose everyone is in the same boat when it comes to that.

NC State Carrie Fan

OKAY!! Backsliding won - I never had any doubt - so lets make it our mission to STREAM STREAM STREAM! I guess we cant request a non-single song on radio, but it will still be fun to be able to add it to our playlist, stream a song and play it for our friends because that's the "current" single. Maybe it is just me who does that with current singles

Maybe we can still request it to The Highway somehow because they were playing it more than the actual singles it seemed like. I don’t know if they have a request line or anything though other than tweeting them.

NC State Carrie Fan

Backsliding is currently at about 6.37 m streams and the way it is tracking, it will probably end the year at about 7.35 m - SO I would love to see it hit 8 m by the end of the year, but I think 7.75 m is more realistic.

cmuf2011

Hey since backsliding is the official fan choice single can someone put together a lyric video for it I would but that’s beyond my knowledge also I don’t have a Twitter.

CarrieAddicted

CP was the worst era ever singles-wise... And I once thought ST was the worst, but now that one looks like the SH era compared to it.
I was also lied about UMG having a good marketing team and being a strong label on the radio.
UMG was able to ruin not only Carrie's Top 3 streak on Billboard, but also Top 5 and Top 10.

I seriously don't know what to expect next, and I feel sad about it.
It seems to me that UMG and Anne's plan is to turn Carrie into a "legacy artist", who is that artist that relies on old hits to promote a concert tour and occasionally hit #1 with a new album banked on tour bundle in the first week and then quickly fades away.

Pretty sad, she's only 37 with just 6 albums. Too young to be labeled as such, but their plan is already working.

Congratulations to Anne and Carrie's team, as 2020 marks 6 years since Carrie last had a hit song, which was SITW back in 2014.
Hope they're happy, because I am not.

CarrieAddicted

Oh Lord, the dramatics are here again!

And so are the fiscals. Thought a new decade here would be easier to express opinions without being harassed.

But I bet you're happy with the climate, as you're a hardcore Reba fan. Happy to see Carrie being turned into her so soon? Maybe your duets album is in the works.

adam1995

And so are the fiscals. Thought a new decade here would be easier to express opinions without being harassed.

But I bet you're happy with the climate, as you're a hardcore Reba fan. Happy to see Carrie being turned into her so soon? Maybe your duets album is in the works.

Yeah, how devastating to see Carrie emulate one of the most success female artists of all time. The horror! Plus, Reba is on the verge of the top ten again (with a collaboration...but still), she is 65 and still being heard on the radio. So, try another insult cause the Reba comparison is anything but.

I at least accepted the reality of the industry and Carrie's eventual fate, you clearly have not and that's why you can't accept the outcome. An outcome, I might add that saw her most financially success and visually incredible tour ever, but keep raging, it might make sense one day.

txacar

CP was the worst era ever singles-wise... And I once thought ST was the worst, but now that one looks like the SH era compared to it.
I was also lied about UMG having a good marketing team and being a strong label on the radio.
UMG was able to ruin not only Carrie's Top 3 streak on Billboard, but also Top 5 and Top 10.

It seems to me that UMG and Anne's plan is to turn Carrie into a "legacy artist", who is that artist that relies on old hits to promote a concert tour and occasionally hit #1 with a new album banked on tour bundle in the first week and then quickly fades away.

Pretty sad, she's only 37 with just 6 albums. Too young to be labeled as such, but their plan is already working.

Congratulations to Anne and Carrie's team, as 2020 marks 6 years since Carrie last had a hit song, which was SITW back in 2014.

Hi, CarrieAddicted. I'm not quite as pessimistic as you seem to be, but agree about UMG --- something strange there considering their enthusiasm when they signed Carrie and I feel sad about it, as well. The pandemic has not helped, and I'm not at all excited about a Christmas album. I'm sure I'll feel better if she is able to promote the holiday music on national TV. Hopefully, she's finding time to write for #7, as well.

Also, want to thank you for the excellent work you continue to do on Carrie's Wiki page. Love the detail and up to date information.

Zach1998

You’re not the only one who feels this way, believe me. I like to read this forum as well as pulse because it helps give perspective on how things really are. I’ve read many posts on pulse (who aren’t even necessarily Carrie’s fans) who say that umg really didn’t step up to the plate this era, in terms of promotion. Heck even if the songs weren’t “destined” for #1 on radio there was so much more to be desired. We could have seen much better videos, a bigger push to streaming services, etc. the only thing umg has really done for Carrie that I was a big fan of was her big push for EOTY back in November. Her first week numbers were huge and record breaking yes, but that was via her tour bundle which is becoming common. Kenny, has done it twice now and he’s on Warner.

Last edited:

CarrieAddicted

Thank you, txacar and Zach! Those are exactly my points.

and thank you again, txacar, for the compliments on my work on Wiki, I really do enjoy doing that! I essentially update her main page, rather than the other ones, these past months.

Oh um so this thread took a depressing turn...I don't really know why we should jump the gun about everything when Carrie is literally coming off of her most successful tour from a statistical standpoint. I can pretty much guarantee you that other women (and many men) would love to have a 266k first week debut with their album, tour bundle or not. I truthfully don't think there are many other artists in the genre at least who could stack up a number like that...look at some of the other people's numbers. The locals are going to love the Christmas album so I am not worried about that. I would be more stressed if a new album was coming out that isn't going to be supported by touring/ promo everywhere...really don't see touring happening really even next year and if it does, the box scores will be rough I am assuming. I guess what I am trying to say that while I really am not thrilled with UMG and promo, Carrie is still accomplishing things her peers most likely are jealous of.

twaintrain

I think 3 out of the 4 songs released should have been singles. I would have swapped out “Love Wins” for “Backsliding”. I think radio would have loved it. I just don’t understand the apparently lukewarm reaction to “Drinking Alone”. Whenever I watched album reaction videos and read reviews, plus read comments on here, it was clear that DA was The Future Megahit. But then after the release, it seemed kind of divisive.

adam1995

Oh um so this thread took a depressing turn...I don't really know why we should jump the gun about everything when Carrie is literally coming off of her most successful tour from a statistical standpoint. I can pretty much guarantee you that other women (and many men) would love to have a 266k first week debut with their album, tour bundle or not. I truthfully don't think there are many other artists in the genre at least who could stack up a number like that...look at some of the other people's numbers. The locals are going to love the Christmas album so I am not worried about that. I would be more stressed if a new album was coming out that isn't going to be supported by touring/ promo everywhere...really don't see touring happening really even next year and if it does, the box scores will be rough I am assuming. I guess what I am trying to say that while I really am not thrilled with UMG and promo, Carrie is still accomplishing things her peers most likely are jealous of.

And there weren't. Carrie had the highest debut in a few years, so she sold a lot of tickets to fans, fans that wanted to hear the new music. So, to me that says she's still at the top of her game, despite the negative attitude of many members. Also, she's starting to age out of the industry's preference, so the success she's had is still remarkable, but again, some don't like to hear it.

Zach1998

I think 3 out of the 4 songs released should have been singles. I would have swapped out “Love Wins” for “Backsliding”. I think radio would have loved it. I just don’t understand the apparently lukewarm reaction to “Drinking Alone”. Whenever I watched album reaction videos and read reviews, plus read comments on here, it was clear that DA was The Future Megahit. But then after the release, it seemed kind of divisive.

I think DA didn't smash to it's full potential because it was released so late in the era; especially after the EOTY loss which killed pretty much any momentum she had left in this era. I think had the era went something more along the lines of..

Lead: Cry Pretty or Low
Second: Drinking Alone
Third: Southbound
Fourth: End Up With You

it might have been better. However, Carrie being pregnant during single 2 probably limited her choices in singles during that time. She could have went ahead and released DA, but would have been a little different having a 6 month pregnant woman singing that. Could have probably swapped DA and EUWY though to make it a little more believable.