Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Star is Born

adam1995

Since it looks country music oriented.

How cool would it have been if Carrie could have gotten another movie role?

This does look pretty good though, and Bradley Cooper is my favorite actor, so that helps.

maddkat

Staff member
still have a soft spot for Judy's original myself , but this looks more like a remake of Barbra's version

Smokyiiis

I read the chemistry between the two of them was absolutely horrible. He didn’t even want to promote it from what I read but they must have tweaked it because the trailer makes it look pretty good!

Farawayhills

I'm not much of a movie fan, and I haven't seen the earlier versions either - this one though will definitely have a Country Music flavour. Lukas Nelson (Willie's son) wrote several of the songs for it.

Lady Gaga has long had an interest in Country Music. When she was starting out, and finding it difficult to get bookings, she appeared at the Round Up Saloon, a Gay Country bar in Dallas. She has never forgotten that they gave her a start, and has returned there, even when she was much more famous, to give thank you performances for the staff and patrons. People tend to identify her with way-out flamboyance (as in this picture, sitting with Miranda Lambert at the Grammys in 2012:)
http://tasteofcountry.com/files/2012/02/Caption1.jpg?w=980&q=75
But she is actually a versatile actress. For this new film, she apparently insisted on live singing, with no overdubs. After meeting Lukas Nelson, she co-wrote with him, and sung backup on his own album, out last year. I think she has considerable talent, and respect for the roots of her music - and I look forward to seeing this.

lizcarlo

Judy Garland is one of my favorites. Love love original. I've never seen one with Streisand. This one looks like it may not be too bad. I want to see it.

adam1995

I read the chemistry between the two of them was absolutely horrible. He didn’t even want to promote it from what I read but they must have tweaked it because the trailer makes it look pretty good!

Really? I haven't heard about the chemistry, but so far I've heard really good things.

I just hope it gets Bradley an Oscar. He deserves it.

_luvqry

no no no no no.... love the Judy Garland version but I didn't get excited watching this trailer. There's just something about Lady Gaga I dislike...

twaintrain

Hope Gaga’s acting chops have improved since “American Horror Story”. She was painful to watch. Well, the show was in general, but she was the weakest link.