Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC cancels 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live'

boilermaker

I used to watch the ABC soaps all the time but after awhile got bored as it was the same stories over and over again. It was a habit because my mom watched them when I was a kid. I stopped watching AMC and OLTL years ago and just watch GH sometimes. Soaps are still there they just moved to prime time. The costs of keeping a show on year round is just too great. Way cheaper to do talk shows or other programing where you don't have to pay lots of actors and crew. Lots of actors got their start on soaps as great training ground.

abbeyjones18

I'm still sad and upset over it. I think that many are angry because they got canceled on the same day. That was HUGE! I don't think that anyone was expecting that! There are two talks shows that are replacing them about "life issues" (as I saw in one article I read), and many fans are pointing out the that is what soaps are: they deal with life issues like marriage, children, illness, death, mystery, etc. It may be a little crazy at times, but people seem to love it! I have read some comments on the ABC website saying how they feel as though years of history is being wiped out...and I agree. Soaps have been around since they started on radio! At least give even more time to truly finish out the storylines. They definitely deserve better. All My Children just hired a new headwriter...give her a chance! I know that there have been rumors for the past couple of years about cacellation, but this came out of the sudden because producers denied it. Many of the actors from the two shows are pointing out how the crew - cameras, make-up, other crew members - will be losing there jobs. Many of the actors think that ABC is making a mistake by canceling the shows. We shall see the outcome of all of it, but I'm still very upset. Both shows, all of the actors, the crews, and especially the fans deserve better than this in in my opinion.

reret007

I remember taping AMC and watching faithly as a college student. I haven't watched soaps since I started working as a teacher. I don't tape or watch the reruns on soap channel because the characters are new and the plots don't interest me. I tried to watch AMC over the summer since I was off work, but I stopped because I couldn't follow the story lines. Therefore, I am sad, but not surprised since many of my relatives who are at home in the daytime don't watch them.

Suellen

So many soaps were canceled, and now AMC and OLTL. I just hope CBS does not cancel my two soaps -- The Young and The Restless and The Bold and The Beautiful.

Cps235

If I am not mistaken, but I remember in a interview, Carrie said, she watches ABC Soaps which includes AMC & OLTL?