Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC's Duets Lands Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke, Lionel Richie, Jennifer Nettles

Casper

ABC is entering the crowded singing competition arena, but with four hefty names: Kelly Clarkson, Lionel Richie, Robin Thicke and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles. The four superstars will serve as mentors and singing partners on Duets, which will premiere this summer.

The show will feature Clarkson, Nettles, Richie and Thicke as they scout for talent across the country. The four will ultimately choose two singers as their duet partners, and together each week, the star and his/her protégé will perform on stage. One duet will eventually win, with the amateur receiving a recording contract from Disney's Hollywood Records label.

"The simple fact that I get to go out and find two people that I believe in, sing with them every week, and help them accomplish their dream is an amazing thing that I can't wait to be a part of," Clarkson says.

ABC's Duets Lands Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke, Lionel Richie, Jennifer Nettles - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Zman312

wow, another siging competition..they are going over board with these types of shows. ENOUGH ALREADY! (Yes, I am a little biased that Kelly is a mentor bc that mean more spotlight for her! Good for her thou but I think it's funny that you try to seperate yourself from AI and end up doing a reality shows.)

what really bothers me about these SINGING shows is that it's all about the JUDGES and not enough about the actual contestants! At the end, ALL the reality show will fade away because there are just too many of them now!

pklongbeach

Agreed with all of above.
Much like Survior, somethng is going to come along soon (I think) to once again change the landscape of relaity tv and these singing shows will quickly look antiquated. What that is I am not sure but nothing stays the same. Everything changes. And America, I believe, is about tired of these singing shows but truth is there is not a whole lot more to watch. That is why I believe something is going to come along to change it.
But in the meantime, I do like the idea that viewers will get a chance to see artists like Clarkson, Neddles, Thicke, sing each week as they are really good singers. But yes, the partners will have little to do with the shows success, and there is just no room left for singers to have real success in these avenues.
Even Idol has over 100 past top 10's to sustain. IT's jsut too much and every season the pool of "has been" reality show singers just grows and grows.
IT's truely astounding what Carrie Underwood has managed to do with her artistry. We should all be very very grateful.

supercarriefan

I like the idea behind this show. Those singers are going to have be really good to shine next to the four celebrity singers involved. Jennifer and Kelly are amazing vocalist...two of the best out there. Lionel brings high quality performance everytime he steps out there, and Robin has his own unique style.
I think this show should do well seeing that it will be the only singing competition airing in the summer unless another network decides to air something. The Voice and X Factor aren't set to air again until Fall. Idol doesn't start a new season until January. Who even knows what will happen with the Sing-Off at the point? The only talent show Duets will be competiting with is America's Got Talent which showcases all varieties of talent, not just singing.
I think this kind of show is an interesting choice for Kelly right now. I'm glad to see her use her passion for music to help others further their career, though. She certainly knows what it is like to compete on one of these shows lol. If the small bits we saw of her mentoring on The Voice this week are any indication, she should be great working with the people she picks.
I find it funny how ABC signed three people (Kelly, Lionel, and Robin) who are mentoring on The Voice this season to be on their show, especially since the shows are on competing networks.

Carrie&Taylor

Haha! You know when your not all that if your on a reality tv show :p This will help boost Kelly's sales. Even though Stronger is her best I think. The day Carrie is on a show like this is when she's no longer selling records and she is no longer a "good" vocalist :D

Gator

Sounds like a show that will truly be more about the judges than the contestants. No doubt we will hear more about the judges' performances afterward than the contestants. Sorry, but not interested. We have far too many reality shows as it is. Caveat: If Carrie appears on the show -- I will watch that episode! :p

maddkat

Staff member
^ I agree.It seems from reading how the show is structured that it's going to be all about the judges and how they can use it to help their careers.The contestants will be totally secondary just like on the X Factor.

I too, will pass unless Carrie makes an appearance .Which I don't think is gonna happen any time soon.

supercarriefan

Haha! You know when your not all that if your on a reality tv show :p This will help boost Kelly's sales. Even though Stronger is her best I think. The day Carrie is on a show like this is when she's no longer selling records and she is no longer a "good" vocalist :D

Yeah, it's a real shame Kelly is doing so terribly right now with that #1 single of hers and that gold album :rolleyes:.
BTW, you say you wouldn't consider Carrie a "good" vocalist anymore if she appeared on a show like this, but how does appearing on a reality show make someone less of a vocalist? I hope your comment was sarcastic because all four artists appearing on this show are fantastic vocalists.

Carrie&Taylor

Yeah, it's a real shame Kelly is doing so terribly right now with that #1 single of hers and that gold album :rolleyes:.
BTW, you say you wouldn't consider Carrie a "good" vocalist anymore if she appeared on a show like this, but how does appearing on a reality show make someone less of a vocalist? I hope your comment was sarcastic because all four artists appearing on this show are fantastic vocalists.

Maybe but, but their sales and talk of the web, Carrie has them all beat. But I don't cry over it cause Carrie vocally kicks Taylor's butt. Carrie is still #1. Besides, Carrie has out sold Kelly with her 3 versus Kelly's 5 albums. That says alot considering pop is world wide popular versus country. Carrie has won more Grammys than Kelly has been nominated if Im correct.

Volcomlvr87

Your posts make no sense. And why the heck is your screen name Carrie&Taylor when all you do is bash her? I've always wondered.

I hope this show is a success just to see some people get mad.

JB172

I have never seen a fan base who has to make EVERYTHING into a competition the way that some Carrie fans do.

carriecountrystar

I can tell that Kelly loves to sing/collab/mentor young singers out there but I'm rather surprised how she embraces these reality singing shows when she's purposely pushed away AI by trying so hard to distance herself from AI because it's just a "singing show".
I'm starting to think that perhaps Kelly's indifference towards AI is personal resentment (which might be associated with Clive Davis).

JB172

go on CMT, posts there consist of death threats towards carrie.
Becca

I don't waste my time going to read crap that I already know what is going to be said and I have no idea why the hell anyone on this site continues to go read that crap when they already KNOW what it is going to say but yet still go there anyway.

carriecountrystar

I have never seen a fan base who has to make EVERYTHING into a competition the way that some Carrie fans do.

I've seen Kelly Clarkson fan base on various forums and sites that are 10 times more than what is ever said on here. Now Taylor fans may not compare as much but they post awesome words of wisdom filled with Carrie slander and death threats. This fan base is far from that.

JB172

I've seen Kelly Clarkson fan base on various forums and sites that are 10 times more than what is ever said on here. Now Taylor fans may not compare as much but they post awesome words of wisdom filled with Carrie slander and death threats. This fan base is mild compared to others.

You can't be a little bit pregnant.

carriecountrystar

You can't be a little bit pregnant.

Thankfully not. :p Thanks for your concern.
Ha, sure, the comparisons are usually brought up quite frequently but certainly not any less on others. I've seen much worse from the other fan bases but be my guest if you want to make Carriefans the scapegoat.