Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC's Duets Lands Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke, Lionel Richie, Jennifer Nettles

JB172

Thankfully not. :p Thanks for your concern. Sure, the constant comparisons are there is certainly not any less on others. I've seen much worse from the other fan bases but be my guest if you want to make Carriefans the scapegoat.

Depsite what you think I am not make anyone a scapegoat, what I am saying is that it is total nonsense by ANY fan base to use the lame ass excuse "we might say things but we aren't as bad as that fan base"

It is not everyone in the Big 3 female solo artist fan bases, but there are fans of ALL three fan bases who act like it is ok for them to say things about the other fans artist but how dare they saying anything about the artist they like.

Some of the fans of the Big 3 female solo artist need to learn some lessons from the solo country male artist fan bases.

bigbluegrl23

Depsite what you think I am not make anyone a scapegoat, what I am saying is that it is total nonsense by ANY fan base to use the lame ass excuse "we might say things but we aren't as bad as that fan base"

It is not everyone in the Big 3 female solo artist fan bases, but there are fans of ALL three fan bases who act like it is ok for them to say things about the other fans artist but how dare they saying anything about the artist they like.

Some of the fans of the Big 3 female solo artist need to learn some lessons from the solo country male artist fan bases.

your completely right. It is nonsense for any fans to do it. but it isn't fair when you make it seem like carrie's fan base is so much worse, when in reality, we bring up other artists in comparison, but I have never seen people here say some of the things i've heard other fan bases say about carrie.
Becca

JB172

your completely right. It is nonsense for any fans to do it. but it isn't fair when you make it seem like carrie's fan base is so much worse, when in reality, we bring up other artists in comparison, but I have never seen people here say some of the things i've heard other fan bases say about carrie.
Becca

This goes to not only you but to anyone else who thinks that I am making it seem like Carrie fans are worst than anyone else THAT is not what I am saying, ALL three fans bases are just as guilty as ALL the other ones when it comes to the nonsense that they say about each other and whatever artist they are fans of.

Just because this fan base or that fan base say worse things than this fan base or that fan base makes no difference, that is the point that I was making and not that Carrie fans are worst that Miranda or Taylor's.

Some fans of ALL three fans bases are equally guilty and all three fan bases have classless fans.

AdamJ

I have very little time to watch any show but in my opinion there are too many singing shows on TV. It sounds like the show will benefit the judges as much or more than it will the contestants. Will any other artists choose the contestants to duet with when the show is over??? Probably not....what is to become of the winning contestant??? It is like the Voice--where are the winners???

carriesfan123

Maybe but, but their sales and talk of the web, Carrie has them all beat. But I don't cry over it cause Carrie vocally kicks Taylor's butt. Carrie is still #1. Besides, Carrie has out sold Kelly with her 3 versus Kelly's 5 albums. That says alot considering pop is world wide popular versus country. Carrie has won more Grammys than Kelly has been nominated if Im correct.

Maybe you should get your facts straight. Worldwide, Breakaway alone sold more than 12 million copies. Carrie has sold about that with all 3 albums combined. She probably matches Breakaway, but then Kelly has Thankful, My December, All I Ever Wanted and Stronger too--which combined worldwide have probably sold around 10 million. Also, Kelly's been nominated for 6 Grammys. Carrie's won 4.

bigbluegrl23

Maybe you should get your facts straight. Worldwide, Breakaway alone sold more than 12 million copies. Carrie has sold about that with all 3 albums combined. She probably matches Breakaway, but then Kelly has Thankful, My December, All I Ever Wanted and Stronger too--which combined worldwide have probably sold around 10 million. Also, Kelly's been nominated for 6 Grammys. Carrie's won 4.

Carrie's won 5...
Becca

liz278

I agree with the over saturation of singing competitions! I am so over watching them - I don't have the time or the energy to care anymore. I know that the ratings are dropping on all of them so I think we are ready for some other reality competition. And I agree with someone else where it is about the judges. If you are a huge fan of the judges, you will watch the show so you can see your favorite sing each week.

Carrie&Taylor

You talk like a typical Carrie bashing Kelly fan. Why bring up world wide sales? Is not pop more popular on this planet? Besides this "American" Idol were talking about not "world wide" Idol. But whatever.

carriecountrystar

This goes to not only you but to anyone else who thinks that I am making it seem like Carrie fans are worst than anyone else THAT is not what I am saying, ALL three fans bases are just as guilty as ALL the other ones when it comes to the nonsense that they say about each other and whatever artist they are fans of.

Just because this fan base or that fan base say worse things than this fan base or that fan base makes no difference, that is the point that I was making and not that Carrie fans are worst that Miranda or Taylor's.

Some fans of ALL three fans bases are equally guilty and all three fan bases have classless fans.

Ah, I see. I certainly agree that all the constant pitting against arists isn't needed.
All fan bases are guilty of this (some more or less than others) which is why responded what I did when I took your quote-
I have never seen a fan base who has to make EVERYTHING into a competition the way that some Carrie fans do.
to imply that the Carrie fans are the only ones (and the worst) guilty of this.

Anyways, fan wars are pretty childish and useless as the artists themselves probably don't have that hostility towards the others in running with them.

JB172

Ah, I see. I certainly agree that all the constant pitting against arists isn't needed.
All fan bases are guilty of this (some more or less than others) which is why responded what I did when I took your quote- that seemed to imply that the Carrie fans are the only ones (and the worst) guilty of this.

Anyways, fan wars are pretty childish and useless as the artists themselves probably don't have that hostility towards the others in running with them.

Everything doesn't need to be turned into a competition the way some fans on here do.

I agree with the over saturation of singing competitions! I am so over watching them - I don't have the time or the energy to care anymore. I know that the ratings are dropping on all of them so I think we are ready for some other reality competition. And I agree with someone else where it is about the judges. If you are a huge fan of the judges, you will watch the show so you can see your favorite sing each week.

I would probably still watch out of curiosity even if Jennifer's name wasn't attached, but still: GUILTY to the bolded.

carriesfan123

You talk like a typical Carrie bashing Kelly fan. Why bring up world wide sales? Is not pop more popular on this planet? Besides this "American" Idol were talking about not "world wide" Idol. But whatever.

I'm big fans of both Carrie and Kelly. If someone is going to bash them, of course I'm going to defend them as anyone would. And actually, country album sales have been bigger sellers generally than pop album sales. Look at Carrie, Lady A, Taylor Swift, etc. Their albums are outselling those of Kelly, Katy Perry, Rihanna, etc. Pop music is more heavy on single sales, which Kelly has Carrie beat in. And stating facts isn't bashing Carrie. It's presenting all the information that would otherwise be omitted. :)

Anyway, I will not be watching this show, as the last thing the world needs is another reality show.

HuiZ

Carrie and Kelly have gone WAYYYY past American Idol (the show) years ago. They both won their seasons and went on to become superstars in their respective formats. American Idol is only limited to America when it comes to voting, tbh. The impact it has worldwide is HUGE (something all other singing shows have failed, including The Voice). The only reason Carrie hasn't made as much impact outside of the US is because of the genre of music.

I don't understand how anyone can deny Kelly the credit at this point. She stayed relevant in the ever-changing pop world for TEN YEARS and Stronger (single) is doing very well not just in the US. If you don't like her voice or her music is just not your cup of tea, that's fine. But there's no need to bring down Kelly's credibility as an artist.

opry051008

Was a Kelly fan but she's been doing things lately that have disappointed me. But it won't stop me from checking out the show even though I think it's overkill on the singing shows. lol.

Carrieflattsfan

I probably won't regularly watch this show, but it's very cool that they're having the judges sing with the contestants;this could either lead to great moments or outright disasters. :p. It's interesting that Kelly, Lionel, and Robin all made appearances on "The Voice" as guest mentors this past week, and 3 out of the 4 have now been announced for this new show.

Although it did strike me as a bit odd when I saw that Kelly agreed to be a mentor on this show, there is a difference between being a contestant on a singing show and judging/mentoring the contestants on another. I can't say I blame for Kelly for wanting the opportunity to distance herself from Idol a bit; if she felt that it was the only way she could develop her own identity outside of the show I say good for her. Even Carrie still suffers from the stigma of being an Idol winner to an extent, and even though that may never fully vanish, I can understand why Kelly would want to try to get away from it.

Kelly seems like a very caring, genuine person and she was great on The Voice; I think a gig like this will be perfect for her. She would be a great mentor, particularly because she's been through the ropes of reality TV herself. Although I think it's great that Carrie has a fantastic relationship with Idol, everybody is different. Not everyone is going to feel the same way about certain things, and Kelly doesn't seem to have any ill-will towards Idol, or vice versa. And she also had a very contentious relationship with Clive Davis, which could've played a big part in distancing herself from Idol.

There have also been plenty of other Idol winners/contestants who have not been loyal to Idol since appearing on the show; it's not just Kelly who doesn't appear to have strong ties with her former Idol family. In the end I think everybody has to make the decision that's right for them, and I think Kelly did what she felt was best for her at the time. She certainly doesn't seem to have any ill-will towards Idol or vice versa, but since we'll never know the whole story I'll just say I hope she made a decision that she can be happy with. :)