Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Flash Security Error?

epicamends

Does anyone else get this pop-up on CF? It only ever happens on this site, and I've never gotten this error on any other site. I'm not even really sure what the error means - is it something wrong with my computer or with this site? It seems like maybe it has something to do with an ad on the site or something?

Screen shot 2012-01-14 at 9.37.13 PM.jpg

robinannhunt

I am getting a music site "Nevio" on occasion. It pops up when on this site. It may use flash player. I plan to run asecurity scan without an internet connection while I am gone today.

Claire2004

I haven't gotten that exact pop-up yet, though I do get this notice occasionally that my Shockwave Player crashed. I'm using Google Chrome.

supercarriefan

I don't usually get any error messages or pop-ups on this site. I have no idea what the error you are getting would even mean.
I hope someone who is tech savvy comes along, and can help you :).

epicamends

Thanks everyone. I'm almost positive it has something to do with an ad on the site that may be trying to connect to something on my computer, but I don't know exactly what or how to fix it.

Farawayhills

It's an advertising server (probably legitimate).
There's something about it here:
Adobe Flash Player has Stopped a Potentially Unsafe Operation | Internet Technology Blog

As your adobe flash player settings have stopped the communication, you probably need do nothing about it (It is possible to change the settings to allow it, but I see no reason why you'd need to - unless you want to see even more ads.)

Adobe flash uses so called "super cookies" to track your internet browsing. This is for advertising purposes, and is not really all that sinister - though some people (understandably) see it as a privacy issue and dislike it. You can tweak the adobe flash settings to allow nothing to be stored on your computer (but this may stop some internet activities working)
On a Linux computer, it's possible to divert all the flash junk to a temporary folder, so it's all lost when you close the browser - if you are really interested, I could probably find instructions - but it's not easy.
On a Windows computer, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to start, or even if it's possible!

I guess the bottom line is that free websites couldn't run without advertising - and free sites are a whole lot better than pay-per-view :)

robinannhunt

I just got the "nevio" thing when I went into carriefans. It is still playing music and I closed the site page. Not a big problem but it is interesting.