Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album Review - Taste of Country

Kizmet311

Low and Spinning Bottles sound right up my alley. Heck all the others do too lol. I am curious why there wasn’t much excitement about Love Wins considering it is mentioned on the CD sticker with Cry Pretty. Seems weird lol.

It seems other people who were at the listening party and tweeting about it adored Love Wins. There was tons of praise for it on Twitter. So while it may have gotten lost for Billy Dukes, I don't think it was lost for other people and seemed to make a great impression on them.

MSCarriefan

Here are two tweets from an impression from someone else that was there. There perceptive on Love Wins is different than Billy's and gives a better glimpse at The Bullet.
Love Wins Screenshot_20180822-072330.jpg

The Bullet Screenshot_20180822-072351.jpg

Also this person has a different take on Billy's least liked songs.

End Up With You
Screenshot_20180822-072640.jpg

Southbound
Screenshot_20180822-072656.jpg

These have sense been deleted, but I was able to screen shot them last night.

MSCarriefan

^Thanks. I think they seemed to be disappearing last night. I clicked on a few and they said they couldn't be found.

FanSince04

It seems other people who were at the listening party and tweeting about it adored Love Wins. There was tons of praise for it on Twitter. So while it may have gotten lost for Billy Dukes, I don't think it was lost for other people and seemed to make a great impression on them.

Thanks for sharing! I read it has beats too lol. That could mean a variety of things so it’s very intriguing!

Smokyiiis

For those that aren't on twitter:2. GHOSTS ON THE STEREO -
Guitar based - Plenty of classic Country instrumentation - Hank, Haggard and Jones mentioned multiple times thoughout song - "...with my/the Ghosts On The Stereo"@nashvilletn13
‏ @nashvilletn13
11h11 hours ago

3. LOW - Acoustic start - Banjo very prominent - Sort of a ballad

1 reply 1 retweet 5 likes

@nashvilletn13‏ @nashvilletn13 11h11 hours ago

4. BACKSLIDING - Talks about "back-sliding" into a relationship (getting back into a relationship) - Some classic instrumentation - Beats

5. SOUTHBOUND - Think of "The Champion" mixed with some Western type sound - Talks about Pontoons/the beach/margaritas/summer - Different than anything she's ever done before - Beats

6. THAT SONG THAT WE USED TO MAKE LOVE TO - Definitely a song for "adults" - Slower with a lot of snap sounds - She's never done a song with lyrics like this... - Beats

2 replies 1 retweet 5 likes

7. DRINKING ALONE - Talking about two people at a bar that shouldn't be with each other... they should be "Drinking Alone" - Overlapping vocals - Beats

8. THE BULLET - I think everyone will take this a different way. I thought it was about a soldier at first... - Talks about damage a "The Bullet" can do, and that people will always be reminded about what it did to cause them pain - Not a happy song, at all - Also, VOCALS.

9. SPINNING BOTTLES - The drinking never stops - He's in hotel, she's at home sitting on the kitchen floor - Talks about the damage alcohol can do to a person

1 reply 1 retweet 4 likes

10. LOVE WINS - Sounds like SITW - Pretty much a song saying that everyone just needs to be nice to one another - Lines like (it's not about politics or what side your on) and does NOT try to make you think a certain way - Choir in background - Beats

1 reply 0 retweets 4 likes

11. END UP WITH YOU - Guitar intro - After everything, I just want to "End Up With You" - Overlapping vocals - Beats

1 reply 1 retweet 4 likes

12. KINGDOM - Talks about a family with two children - "Our life. Our home. Our Kingdom" - It's not always as perfect as it seems - Proud of what we've accomplished - Home and family - Choir in background

1 reply 0 retweets 5 likes

teesharky

No One said that it sounds like SITW but that one girl. She didn’t seem all that excited about the album oddly but maybe I took her tweets wrong. Anyway none of the other people reviewing the album mentioned that the song sounds like SITW so I am not really buying that. She may have meant that it’s an inspirational song like SITW but I highly doubt it has the same melody.

teesharky

To be honest this was a really great review coming from Billy Dukes. He has always been a bit ornery and picky with Carrie albums as he is more of a Miranda fan. ( no surprise there) . So we have to take this as a big win.

In fact in his video message he said this has the potential to be even better than BA- his fav personal album.

Kizmet311

No One said that it sounds like SITW but that one girl. She didn’t seem all that excited about the album oddly but maybe I took her tweets wrong. Anyway none of the other people reviewing the album mentioned that the song sounds like SITW so I am not really buying that. She may have meant that it’s an inspirational song like SITW but I highly doubt it has the same melody.

I wouldn't take that girls' tweets above too negatively or that she wasn't excited. I think she just literally took notes like she was in class to try to give people information on each song as opposed to how she personally felt about them.

Thanks Smoky!!! I will refer back many times!! CAn't pick one i'd rather hear....I want to hear them all!!!!

I want to hear the songs that Kizmet mentioned too but I too can’t choose one I’d rather hear,I want to hear all of them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_luvqry

I wouldn't take that girls' tweets above too negatively or that she wasn't excited. I think she just literally took notes like she was in class to try to give people information on each song as opposed to how she personally felt about them.

Oh yeah, at first I thought the same as Tee but as you mentioned there isn't anything as "like" or "dislike". She just described as taking notes