Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 AMAs

FanSince04

I read this in multiple locations. Apparently, the AMA’s do not have a T.V. deal and won’t be airing. I wonder if this is why People Choice Country Awards are being developed.

txacar

I read this in multiple locations. Apparently, the AMA’s do not have a T.V. deal and won’t be airing. I wonder if this is why People Choice Country Awards are being developed.
From "Variety" today:

The American Music Awards are likely to take a one-year sabbatical, Varietyhas learned.

Following news announcing that the Billboard Music Awards would move the date to Nov. 19, 2023, typically a Sunday held for the AMAs, it would seem to leave parent company Dick Clark Productions no choice but to bump the AMAs to 2024, when it can take the May slot previously held by Billboard.

Multiple sources say that neither has secured a broadcast partner and producer Dick Clark Productions, which is owned by Penske Media Corp. (parent company of Variety and Billboard) had to make the decision of which show to throw its weight behind. Since PMC owns the publication Billboard, insiders suggest that the thinking was to promote its own brand. Chatter among music industry professionals is that the AMAs, which launched in 1973, was becoming stale.

FanSince04

From "Variety" today:

The American Music Awards are likely to take a one-year sabbatical, Varietyhas learned.

Following news announcing that the Billboard Music Awards would move the date to Nov. 19, 2023, typically a Sunday held for the AMAs, it would seem to leave parent company Dick Clark Productions no choice but to bump the AMAs to 2024, when it can take the May slot previously held by Billboard.

Multiple sources say that neither has secured a broadcast partner and producer Dick Clark Productions, which is owned by Penske Media Corp. (parent company of Variety and Billboard) had to make the decision of which show to throw its weight behind. Since PMC owns the publication Billboard, insiders suggest that the thinking was to promote its own brand. Chatter among music industry professionals is that the AMAs, which launched in 1973, was becoming stale.
Yup. Pretty much what I’ve been reading across several sources.