Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Christian imprisoned in Iran fears supporters have abandoned him

Pi314CA

American Christian imprisoned in Iran fears supporters have abandoned him

By Perry Chiaramonte
Published February 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

The American pastor sentenced to eight years in Iran’s Evin prison is unaware of the groundswell of international support for him, and instead fears he's been abandoned, according to relatives who met with him this week.

Saeed Abedini mentioned his doubt during a visit with relatives on Monday. It was a second time he was allowed to see members of his extended family since he was convicted. Abedini expressed apprehension and concern to his relatives about his fate and openly asked if there were international efforts to secure his freedom, according to advocacy group American Center for Law and Justice.

It is believed that Abedini’s downtrodden spirit is due to abuse and brain-washing techniques used by prison officials.

“It is no surprise that the Iranian prison guards are engaging in this kind of psychological abuse. We know that Pastor Saeed is undergoing physical beatings and torture. And we know there is growing concern about his health,” Jordan Sekulow, executive director for ACLJ, told FoxNews.com. “Now, a troubling report that the guards are trying to take away his hope - by feeding him false information about his fate - trying to convince him that no one cares - that efforts to secure his freedom have ceased. This tactic is predictable but also very tragic.”

“What the Iranian guards will never tell Pastor Saeed is that there's a growing international network of support. ... We continue to urge President Obama to personally call on Iran to release Pastor Saeed. And now that Secretary of State Kerry is on the job, it is time for him to follow through on earlier statements demanding that Iran release Pastor Saeed,” he added.

Abedini has also been unable to communicate with his wife, Nagameh, and their two children since being sentenced.

"When I heard this from my husband, I cried. It broke my heart. Behind those walls he feels helpless and relies on us to be his voice. It is so easy to feel forgotten in the walls of the prison. Please help me make sure he is never forgotten," she said in a report posted on ACLJ’s website.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...s-have-dropped-efforts-for-his/#ixzz2K8RCi7cz