Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Country Music Chatter

FanSince04

I used to think the awards shows were fair and even fan voting was fair, but nothing truly is going to be perfectly fair. If it’s fan voting and one artist keeps winning due to their massive fan base, then that doesn’t show fidelity in the award (if it’s called “Artist of the Year”, etc.). However, if it’s chosen based on sales and touring numbers, even that can become bias depending on if there are back door deals happening to increase sales/radio airplay. I try not to put too much stock into award shows anymore after thinking about these things.

Always happy to see Carrie recognized and rewarded though 😃

Last edited:

txacar

I used to think the awards shows were fair and even fan voting was fair, but nothing truly is going to be perfectly fair. If it’s fan voting and one artist keeps winning due to their massive fan base, then that doesn’t show fidelity in the award (if it’s called “Artist of the Year”, etc.). However, if it’s chosen based on sales and touring numbers, even that can become bias depending on if there are back door deals happening to increase sales/radio airplay. I try to put too much stock into award shows anymore after thinking about these things.

Always happy to see Carrie recognized and rewarded though 😃
There was a time when I felt just as you did. When Carrie came along I became more interested in how they decided who would win an award. They never seem to have to explain why/why not. Pre-COVID, giant talent agency WME clients won 74% of country music awards. They've suffered setbacks during the pandemic, laying off people/acts, cutting salaries, etc. Will be interesting to see how this affects them over the next couple of years. We can already see by the nominations that not much has changed, lol.

FanSince04

There was a time when I felt just as you did. When Carrie came along I became more interested in how they decided who would win an award. They never seem to have to explain why/why not. Pre-COVID, giant talent agency WME clients won 74% of country music awards. They've suffered setbacks during the pandemic, laying off people/acts, cutting salaries, etc. Will be interesting to see how this affects them over the next couple of years. We can already see by the nominations that not much has changed, lol.
I never really cared too much about how awards were chosen until Carrie came along either 😂 Now, I see the bias in all formats of award shows. They’re all “rigged” or set up in my opinion.

AdamJ

Hey txacar, How are you? I could not find a way to PM you on this site any more. What is going on? I am enjoying my first day off for ---I can't remember when!!!!! Many juvenile Covid patients at children's right now and it is not getting any better. Breaks my heart to see so many kids sick. I agree with your above statement. I quit believing all was fair in the awards scene long ago. I don't see any indication that things will change in the near future. Too many kick backs and arm twisting to get certain artists awards even when they are less deserving than someone else. It makes me confused that someone can be nominated for overall ETOTY and not be nominated for female or male vocalist also. Go figure!!!!! Take care and stay healthy!!!!!

Last edited:

txacar

Hey txacar, How are you? I could not find a way to PM you on this site any more. What is going on? I am enjoying my first day off for ---I can't remember when!!!!! Many juvenile Covid patients at children's right now and it is not getting any better. Breaks my heart to see so many kids sick. I agree with your above statement. I quit believing all was fair in the awards scene long ago. I don't see any indication that things will change in the near future. Too many kick backs and arm twisting to get certain artists awards even when they are less deserving than someone else. It makes me confused that someone can be nominated for overall ETOTY and not be nominated for female or male vocalist also. Go figure!!!!! Take care and stay healthy!!!!!
Hi, AdamJ. I'm doing well -- looking forward to an end to Texas heat. I replied to your PM's but, since I asked you to confirm receipt, assumed you didn't when there was no reply. Great to hear from you. Feel so sorry for the sick little children. I'm glad they have you to take care of them. I'll try to PM you again. Enjoy your day off!!!!