Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

pklongbeach

I'm usually annoyed when shows go through a big production about leaving and then just come back........meh.......

carebearcarrie

Same. The "farewell" season was only a year ago lol. It should have probably been named the "taking a short break" season.

or "Farewell Fox, Hello ABC" lol. If they can get Ryan back, and go back to the authenticity of season 1-7 or 8. I'm all for Idol coming back. After those seasons I lost interest.

thaifood

I'm usually annoyed when shows go through a big production about leaving and then just come back........meh.......

Is anyone being truthful when they say they expected the show to be gone for good? Even in Ryan's signoff on the finale, he alluded to the fact that it would be back.

thaifood

or "Farewell Fox, Hello ABC" lol. If they can get Ryan back, and go back to the authenticity of season 1-7 or 8. I'm all for Idol coming back. After those seasons I lost interest.

Nikki Minaj & Mariah Carey were the anchor that began the sinkage. I kind of suspect Harry & Keith may be back & perhaps JLo if they can get her salary down.

maddkat

Staff member
truthfully I haven't missed Idol,but I'm on board to watch if they go back to focusing on the contestants and not the judges.I some how doubt they will.ABC probably just wants to clone The Voice.

DaisyTweets

I wish they'd get a whole new judges panel. I never really liked KU or Harry as judges. And please NO to a Voice clone.

HuiZ

Nah, I was bored with the J Lo, Keith, Harry panel.

Don't need J Lo there at all.

They need judges who actually have good instincts in spotting IT factor. Doesn't need to be big names.

pklongbeach

I really don't like the "big star" panel either. I really don't feel like they have anything to add at all.

I think Idol worked at first best because the panel proved itself and its opinions over time. People grew to trust their opinions and insticts.

The panel for the years starting after Paula left were nothing but a celebrity panel with careers of their own to pimp. I found none of them interesting. TBH, I thought the first terrible idea was "Ellen"! I felt she was proof positive that they were choosing a panel for ratings and "promotion of celebrity-brands". And that is when it became obvious that these peoples opinions were not to be trusted cause they were not there to find a star, they were there to promote themselves... (and I like Ellen, but she was a terrible choice)

Josh

I never thought Harry, Keith, or J Lo fit in there. It definitely seems way too soon to miss, but when they bring it back I hope the set is way different. They need to change everything about the look IMO. I wish Simon would be a judge.

Josh

Is anyone being truthful when they say they expected the show to be gone for good? Even in Ryan's signoff on the finale, he alluded to the fact that it would be back.

I'm almost certain they said it'd be back right after it ended. Not sure where I heard it, but they said they'd bring it back in 2018 or something I thought.

Kizmet311

Yeah, with the original panel, you had two men with a lot of experience in the music industry between Randy and Simon who weren't actual artists themselves. Paula was the only one that had an actual career as an artist and I've never been quite sure what purpose she served other than to be the one that builds the contestants up rather than critiquing them. It would be good if they could get back to more of the behind-the-scenes judges that know how to develop artists rather than artists themselves.

thaifood

I wish Simon would come back, not I know that will never happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is the one person I absolutely learned to loathe on that show. Stay in England & do more of your telletubbies work Simon, that's what you are best at.