Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

rcramer

Daisy are you talking about Maddie or Gabby? I don't care for Maddie's song either. Of course she doesn't either. She has said in prior interviews that it's nothing like she would normally write or sing. But in either case I think she did a good job on stage.

So I guess what I have to question is why was this song given to her in the first place? So none of them had any input to the song selection for which they had to sing to win Americas votes......

thaifood

So I guess what I have to question is why was this song given to her in the first place? So none of them had any input to the song selection for which they had to sing to win Americas votes......

I don't remember anyone ever having a choice for a winners single You think Carrie wold have gone with Inside Your Heaven?

rcramer

^^^ Well you got a point there..... Carrie much let alone Bo........

But I guess I was thinking the process may have changed since then and gave these folks some insight of the winners song..... So I guess not winning can be a good thing.........

rcramer

^^ so then if that was the case, then she clearly did not pick the one that fit her at all, from what she mentions....... Not taking into consideration what the other two choices were for her....

Kizmet311

^^ so then if that was the case, then she clearly did not pick the one that fit her at all, from what she mentions....... Not taking into consideration what the other two choices were for her....

I would guess/hope she picked the song that was most like her, which means the other two must have been awful or way outside of her style.

I wonder if she and Caleb will do a duet together?

rcramer

Gabby will be performing with Luke Bryan at Heinz Field on Saturday night.... Thank artists like him who give ones like her a chance at success..... I know people frowned down on him, but this is what they need to help them get somewhere in the business....

pklongbeach

A few thoughts:
I do like the song.
I do like her voice, very much
I am not a fan of car commericals so I guess the video is as good a car commerical as it would be.
She reminds me if Carries fist video when it is obvious that this young lady does not know or understand how to "act" or "pretend" or be anything that is not naturally "her" in front of a camera. I like that, but it is high contract to the many who do know how to be fake and grin for the camera..... so there is an odd tone to the video.

But i like the other elements well enough to look past it.......again, I really like the tone an use of her voice. And her personality is very pleasing as well......

Hil

I still feel like Idol isn't finding people like it used to. Or maybe the casting has just gotten so bad they literally cut off their own hand to speak. Look back at the Days of Jordin Sparks, Katherine Mcphee, even Lauren and Scotty. I'm not saying this current class wasn't talented, but there's just something not quite there for me. I didn't mention Kelly and Carrie because that's like hitting the lottery twice. I do hope everyone has success though.

thaifood

I still feel like Idol isn't finding people like it used to. Or maybe the casting has just gotten so bad they literally cut off their own hand to speak. Look back at the Days of Jordin Sparks, Katherine Mcphee, even Lauren and Scotty. I'm not saying this current class wasn't talented, but there's just something not quite there for me. I didn't mention Kelly and Carrie because that's like hitting the lottery twice. I do hope everyone has success though.

i have to disagree on one point Hil. I thought the talent this year was better than it had been for quite some time.

Hil

i have to disagree on one point Hil. I thought the talent this year was better than it had been for quite some time.

Scotty and Lauren finale was the last year I watched a full season. I dunno, this year was just okay for me from what I saw.

rcramer

If being honest, after Carrie's year, I don't think they ever got the best vocalist to win....... Haley was definitely robbed...... AI went down hill for me after Season 5, even though I did watch and voted for Season 7, David Archuleta, and Season 8 Adam Lambert, after that I voted for no one, but just watched more for the entertainment value.... I was never a Scotty fan, was okay with Lauren, which I do like now......