Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol 2018 on ABC

rcramer

Haley I also felt got the same treatment as Gabby did, by people's perceptions of their overall personality, I remember some of the mean things people said about Haley... My motto is never judge a book by its cover......

pklongbeach

I see Haley and Gabby as polar oposites. To me Haley was very talented and the audience liked what they saw but the show had no intention of promoting her so her raw talent could not win over the promotion the show gave to others. On the oposite side you had Gabby who was clearly a commerical darling garnering exceptional face-time throughout the entire process. from Day one to finale she was the face of Idol this year. And someone else won........

rcramer

^^ Always nice to agree to disagree....... Reason for both taking third place then because they were very talented.... I really did not care who won this year, as I said I did not vote for anyone....... I actually liked the last three, but Gabby was just the one that had the voice that I would go for.....

Hil

I see Haley and Gabby as polar oposites. To me Haley was very talented and the audience liked what they saw but the show had no intention of promoting her so her raw talent could not win over the promotion the show gave to others. On the oposite side you had Gabby who was clearly a commerical darling garnering exceptional face-time throughout the entire process. from Day one to finale she was the face of Idol this year. And someone else won........

Totally agree with this. Also, Pia Toscano could sing something fierce, but had a hard time on the personality front for a competition show.

rcramer

^^^ Pia was actually my favorite that season.... It had nothing to do with her personality but rather her song choices that killed her..... She kept singing ballads and then finally when she did an uptempo, she was eliminated...

rcramer

^^^^ Thanks for posting..... Nice duet with Luke..

That's what I'm talking about, the girl can SANG....... Imagine Luke gave her a whole 3 or so minutes to herself and the city that supports her.... Imagine over how many thousands were in attendance at Heinz Field last night.......

rcramer

^^^ That was my favorite performance when she was on Idol.... Talk about Slay..... That is Gabby at her finest. I love her R&B side......
And you can bet she most likely is the stand out on the tour too........

rcramer

She did a great job on it....... Love the fact that she is so comfortable on the stage...... Must be a blast out on the tour with the Idols......

rcramer

Thanks Simon for sharing that.... Just goes to show that there are humble hard working artists out there trying to make it in the business and here is Gabby giving back to what she felt was a blessed year for her and her American Idol run..

I always look at the story of Danny Thomas and how the St. Jude Foundation was started and where it is now today......

simonplay

Gabby Barret I Hope up to #73 (+17) Impressive without any promo.

Maddie Poppe Little Things #132 (released today and performed at GMA)