Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol on ABC season 3

maddkat

Staff member
That was a painful first show. The first 20 minutes excruciating.
Again they're making it all about these 3 boring judges and oh so sad stories. Big mistake.
Doesn't anyone auditioning just have a normal life story? Anyone? Bueller?

and as with the last 2 years ...someone put a seat belt on Lionel. His getting up every 2 seconds is so annoying.

jaymiee

I didn't watch it mainly because I cant stand the judges and it's always such a sob story. And it seems they never pick the best singers either.

Also I can't with Katy Perry. I used to be a fan but I just can't deal with her lately lol. At least her hair is a little longer

hjj

I enjoy it as much as any talent show. I rarely watch anything from TV maybe a performance or two each season but they really make it all about the judges. AI is the only one I watch at all and usually watch it. Last night was about like any audition night. I did think there were a couple pretty good singers. See if they are able to make it thru Hollywood week. I will see how Arthur Gunn and Just Sam makes it thru Hollywood week.

jimshoe

I think we saw an early favorite tonight. Lauren Mascitti coudl be the one to beat this season..

rcramer

^^^ She is definitely one to watch for..... Geez that "God Made A Woman" was everything... What a pure rich voice.....

maddkat

Staff member
I'd go with Just Sam. She is so raw and so talented. Easily the best of the crop and perfect for Idol.
Idol was always about finding that unpolished gem and helping discover how good they are , what they can be and letting us go along for the ride.Too many others that are way too polished.

maddkat

Staff member
Sam again last night showed she is remarkable. He delivery was spot on on. Not try hard like the vast majority of the contestants. She has musical instincts so many lack. Be a shame is she doesn't win this thing. The rest come across as pretenders.

txacar

Sam -- can't wait to hear her first album. I'm so thankful for ff and mute -- without them I would not have heard this extraordinary young lady.

So sorry Carrie will not perform tonight at the finale. I have the beginnings of severe CU withdrawal -- need her back on the big stage doing what only she can do!!

simonplay

I didn't watch Idol this year, the contestants were all weak IMO, and didn't like the "from home" format at all. (I know that was the only way).

But I saw the We Are the World performance on Youtube and loved it!!! And was sad at the same time with all the clips of the empty world.

Idol renewed for another season, I hope it all come back to normal next year!

maddkat

Staff member
So happy Sam won! As I said before she is amazing. So much better then those guys. Wasn't even close. A bit amazed America got it right.
Now ABC needs to get it right and dump those 3 judges. Ugh they told everyone every performance they were superstars. *eyeroll*

DaisyTweets

I fell asleep -- I made it through 9 of the performances from the finalists. Talk about underwhelming. And I agree with you D, that the judges have to go. Especially LB!!! I wonder if he even listens to what he's saying???

I missed the We Are the World performance -- was it good??? And why was Rascal Flatts on the show? Aren't they signing off as a group at the end of the year??

All three of the judges annoy the crap out of me. I don't have a problem in particular with Luke Bryan but he's the most irritating out of the three! Glad Sam won though too! I don't know why so many people were into Arthur.

jimshoe

So happy Sam won! As I said before she is amazing. So much better then those guys. Wasn't even close. A bit amazed America got it right.
Now ABC needs to get it right and dump those 3 judges. Ugh they told everyone every performance they were superstars. *eyeroll*

Congrats.. You called this quite awhile ago.. Once it was down to the top 5 I knew she'd win because it was 4 guys vs 1 girl.. that gives the girl a huge advantage!