Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Season 12

gaycarebear

American Idol 12 Spoilers: Hollywood/Las Vegas Round, Top 28 Boys List

This contains some spoilers for contestants who made it to Vegas, so for those who don't want to know anything I just wanted to warn you. :D

I know a lot of people will not like the rumored change but personally I like it.

I know, me too. I love the idea of a Top 10 instead of a Top 12/13.

Plus, someone commented saying that the majority of the guys are R&B/pop leaning vocalists, instead of Country/Gospel/Jazz/Rock, which I think is fantastic. Can't wait for the new season.

allamericangirl8

I'll be watching this year. I didn't watch last year, and then I looked up Jessica Sanchez, and I can't believe I missed out on her. She's phenomenal. Definitely buying her album.

Carrieflattsfan

I'll be watching this year. I didn't watch last year, and then I looked up Jessica Sanchez, and I can't believe I missed out on her. She's phenomenal. Definitely buying her album.

I didn't connect with anybody last year; it was the first time ever.

I just NEED Pia to be resigned so she can release her damn album. lol.

allamericangirl8

The only times I've ever connected with a contestant were James and Jessica, and James let me down, so I spend more time making fun of him than listening to his music. Jessica'd better not do the same.

"Jump In" is pretty catchy.

Carrieflattsfan

Actually, I did connect with anyone during the Lee/Crystal season or the Kris/Adam season, now that I think about it. And, many of the singers I've loved through the years were cut early on. LOL.

Other than that, though, I've found someone I love every season I've watched; I'm so passionate about music in general, it's part of the fun for me.

I started watching during Season 2, and I stanned for all these contestants, at one point:

Diana
Carrie
Jordin
Chris
Katharine
Elliot
Pia
Baylie Brown

Carrie, though, is the one who stands out above the rest; she came out with a bang from the start. As Simon said, she is the one who could be successful in the real world" and she's proven him right. She managed to create a great album and actually build buzz, instead of flopping after one single. I think it was a genius move to release JTTW as the first single, because it gave her a serious, concrete base with a country audience. I still think that if some of these constants had been handled differently and not "molded: into someone else (unlike Carrie, who resisted, thank God), there would be many more success stories from the show.

It does show that talent certainly isn't everything, but it's a real shame that so many talented vocalists have flown under the radar, even after doing well on the show.

gaycarebear

Jessica was good.

My favorite from last year was Elise Testone. She had the throw-back rocker chick vibe going on. Plus, I loved her raspy vocals, which I tend to favor, in general.

allamericangirl8

Jessica was good.

My favorite from last year was Elise Testone. She had the throw-back rocker chick vibe going on. Plus, I loved her raspy vocals, which I tend to favor, in general.

I only caught one or two performances of hers, and I don't remember her. Maybe I'll just rewatch the entire season. :p

You like raspy vocals, eh? Sir, let me direct you to

(You set yourself up for that one, sorry.)

Carrieflattsfan

I only caught one or two performances of hers, and I don't remember her. Maybe I'll just rewatch the entire season. :p

You like raspy vocals, eh? Sir, let me direct you to

(You set yourself up for that one, sorry.)

YES, YES YES. <3

On topic: I really liked Elise; she was a favorite of mine from the start. I thought she was very underrated, whereas I thought Jessica was a tad overrated. Overall, though, I just slowly lost interest in the season in general; the ones that did stand out were eliminated too early.

I mean, how the heck do we consistently end up with people like Lee Dewyze and Kris Allen in the top 2, and there are thousands of other interesting people to pick from? I just don't understand how the show STILL ends up with vanilla winners, even with so much variety.

Does anyone else remember Carly Smithson? I loved her; this is one of my favorite Idol performances of all time:

allamericangirl8

Jessica was a ready-made star, though. She already knew how to use her voice and what kind of songs to sing. Like Carrie but more polished and a much less adorable personality (I kind of dislike Jessica's personality). But Jessica's "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" >>>>> all of season 10, tbqh.

I was rooting hard for Carly Smithson. I was so mad when she was eliminated that I almost quit watching the show.

Carrieflattsfan

Jessica was a ready-made star, though. She already knew how to use her voice and what kind of songs to sing. Like Carrie but more polished and a much less adorable personality (I kind of dislike Jessica's personality). But Jessica's "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" >>>>> all of season 10, tbqh.

I was rooting hard for Carly Smithson. I was so mad when she was eliminated that I almost quit watching the show.

The few times I saw Jessica perform, she didn't really do anything for me. Like, yeah, she has a fantastic voice, but I never really saw anything that caused me to connect with her as an artist or a person.

And, Whitney is one of my favorite vocalists of all-time, so I just roll my eyes when Idol contestants try to perform her songs, tbh.

allamericangirl8

I have no connection with her as a person, but that girl had more character in her voice than most AI contestants I've ever seen.

I roll my eyes when people sing Whitney, but it's different when they actually sing Whitney well. :p Kinda like how I roll my eyes when people cover SCOM, but I love Carrie's.