Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Season 12

opry051008

I've met Harry Connick Jr --he is an arrogant, pompous --huuh do not like him.

It comes across on the tv too.

Hmm, someone who thought it was a good idea to sing that incredibly boring song on Idol this past season and then followed that with first week sales of 13K for his new album is really the best Idol could do?

Oh well, I guess the time had to come when Idol and I parted ways. This panel was the last straw for me. The good news is that there's the Voice, and X-factor is looking to be very interesting with the new changes. lol.

pklongbeach

Ha ha ha ha....you were ok with Niki Minaje and Mariah Scary but you draw the line at Harry Connick Jr??

WE all have our limits!

sam_vzla

Oh he absolutely is. And in fairness, he has kind of earned it.
By that I just mean that when someone knows their business better than most and they have the credicials and the success to back it up, they are kind of entitled to come from a place of knowing what they are talking about.

Now I don't like arrogance in general. When it comes from someone like Niki where it is unwarranted and undeserved it is just obnoxious.

But assuming that Streisand or D.Foster or Cher or Madonna is going to have an arrogance to them is expected.
They are artists, not humanitarians and not ettiquite instructors.

I guess what I am saying is that I accept it sometimes with some cause they are who they are and they are entitled to be what they want. And I can just choose to ignore the arrogance.

It is arrogance and entitlement that is not earned that annoys me.

That said; yes, I imagine that Connick Jr. is going to be a bit off putting in the same way that Simon was.
And I can't wait. I really do want someone to tell these people in an unbiased way when they are doing well and when they are doing poorly.

And you need someone who has that strength of self and assurance of their own words to have that.

Jlo in many ways has that, but it bothers me to hear her talk about singers who are so much better vocalists than she could ever be.

If she were on SYTYCD I would probably accept what she has to say. But to listen to her talk to vocalists about singing????? What does she know about singing?? At her age she still has to take all her clothes off and wiggle around on stage sticking her butt at the camera to keep our attention.

I dont know why I dont get this vibe from him, or if I ever did I always thought it was joking or something.

Me, personally, I like people that are geniuses at what they do but they are incredibly humble. Like Carrie or in sports Roger Federer, people like that, they rock, do their thing like no one, and they are not going around saying and feeling the best thing since the invention of the wheel.

opry051008

Ha ha ha ha....you were ok with Niki Minaje and Mariah Scary but you draw the line at Harry Connick Jr??

WE all have our limits!

No I wasn't ok with last year, in fact, after being a big fan of Idol since the beginning (for both American and Canadian Idol), I didn't even go to the tour this year. This year's judges panel is just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I had hopes earlier that they were going to try to refresh the show but I think my expectations were too high. : (

Hil

I don't really get why they booed him? :/ I mean, he just doesn't seem like a person people would have passionate feelings about either way...not meaning he's not important, but he's not really controversial

JB172

I was at the store Carlton Cards today and I saw a coffee mug that said "It is what it is" and I thought of you. lol.

Oh my goodness Carlton Cards, I haven't seen that store name in years, we had them in the states then they became American Greetings stores, "It is what it is" being on a coffee mug just shows how often that phrase is used. lol

jimmy

While she has the deep lung power of that era’s more forceful singers, like Aretha Franklin, her delivery has the lounge sophistication of a Dionne Warwick.

JB172

Idol concert stats from 6 of the venues. Kinda cringe-inducing numbers. Were the tour stats from season 9 as bad as this?

American Idol Live 2013 Concert Box Office

The parents and kids of a girl that played on my middle daughters softball team went to the concert in Miami and said that the entire upper level were blocked off and half of the lower level was blocked off and they said that it was still barely half full and there might have been 4,000 people there.

pklongbeach

Wow.

The two thngs I see affecting the most are "focusing too much on celebrity judges" (meaning why go to the concert of the judges aren't there? No one cares about the singers cause the show did not allow anyone to.)

And; It is a dying concept after this many years to think people are going to shove off and shell out to go see a reality show cast of castoffs from a series that has literally littered the landscape with castoffs.

I can't imagine who in their right mind would pay money to see these people do a "Brady Bunch Variety Hour" Show.

Awful!

(I think even in Carries season, I would not have felt like I really saw Carrie Underwood. I would have seen an odd cast of mixed up singers with a blond one that sang better than anyone else mixed in the middle of it. Thats about it.)