Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Season 4

FanSince04

Quite surprised nobody has started a discussion on this! I’ve been rooting for Grace Kinstler since her audition. I love that she mixes it up each week rather than giving ballads all the time (looking at you, Willie 😉 ). Her vocal ability is outstanding! The high notes are flawless... I do feel when she belts it sounds like screaming, but it’s not actually yelling. Also, she is from IL sooooo that notches her points in my book. Maybe she’ll land 3rd place and do bigger and better things than the winner (looking at you, Gabby 😉)?!

simonplay

I though Casey Bishop has the biggest chance of success after Idol, she is the complete package! I think they killed her chances with that awful coronation song.. lol

Grace it's been my favorite too but not sure what genre of music she wants to sing. Not impressed with her song either.

Chayce is at #1 on itunes all genre with a self written song and the country guy always do well. He could be following Gabby's footsteps!

Willie.. meh!

FanSince04

I though Casey Bishop has the biggest chance of success after Idol, she is the complete package! I think they killed her chances with that awful coronation song.. lol

Grace it's been my favorite too but not sure what genre of music she wants to sing. Not impressed with her song either.

Chayce is at #1 on itunes all genre with a self written song and the country guy always do well. He could be following Gabby's footsteps!

Willie.. meh!
That’s the thing is “country” labeled singers from singing competitions tend to do well initially since most people watching these shows vote for that demographic usually; however, if not promoted well they don’t often do well. Willie doesn’t do anything for me and neither did Casey. Chayce is good, but I feel Grace is much better and a COMPLETE package. She will do well on radio if promoted well. Her voice is stellar, the song is catchy (not amazing), and she is likable. You can’t help but root for her.

Last edited:

AdamLikesCarrie

Chayce and Grace are my favorites, so I guess I'll enjoy the finale a lot.

Casey's single..the reception was polarizing..the meltdown @ idolforums.com LMAO. I am okay with her single, but not crazy love like her fans. oops
Willie..he better thank the show for giving him the best song arrangement everytime he performs. His vocal is good, that's all. Does he deserve to win? No. Lacking something.
Grace..easily my favorite after watching her audition. With the correct song choices, she shines bright. If she wants to win 100%, I suggest her to choose an uptempo and kill it like how she handles the ballads. She can't have 3 ballads in the finale.
Chayce..itunes and spotify performance, best among the four. He doesn't need to sing like Willie or Grace to prove himself a winner, it's the style and voice that capture people's heart. A WGWG that deserves to win, not just the looks. haha

rcramer

ugh American Idol lost me many many years ago..... The show just cant get it right with a winner.. Like Gabby best not to win.....

FanSince04

I really was hoping Carrie would be on the finale... but as of right now, NOPE! What would she sing? Idk 😂 This new song!

AdamLikesCarrie

with Hollywood Records gone, i hope BMG treats the winner or artists they signed better.
Poor Laine from S2 didn't have a proper promo last week.

FanSince04

I didn't watch the show, but why those two overdone song choices for her.....
I thought she delivered great performances. I agree they are overdone, but I enjoy hearing them each time. I felt bad she still had to perform several times after being eliminated... like that’s good cause she likes to sing, but that would suck because there’s no time to process her emotions.

mbh

Casey Bishop's Coronation Song "Love Me, Leave Me" DEBUTS on the "AC Chart". It is the first from this Season 19, to chart on radio.
43 AC (NEW)

mbh

Arthur Gunn snubbed the arrangement of ICONIC "Sheryl Crow"? Click and read:
The Top 4 Contestants this Season 19 are A LOT BETTER than "Arthur Gunn". Arthur is flying too high with his "ego"! This TOP 4 is THE BEST TOP 4 in Idol's History ... IN MY OPINION. But, of course our Carrie is still "THE BEST OF THE BEST" ... in the Music Industry. I HOPE these Top 4 will become successful like "Gabby Barrett".

Smokyiiis

I read that story a couple of day ago in MJSblog. From what I'd read previously he would never change his arrangements as suggested by the mentors either. Just convinced he's doing everything right I guess to the point that he won't take suggestions. I never understood why they tried to bring back last years losers anyway. It wasn't fair to the others that worked so hard to get into the top THIS year. Crazy. By the way, I never watch the show because I don't like all the pandering and the gazillion commercials. I just watch the performances later on youtube or mjs blog.

mbh

I did not notice that it was a last 5 minute change although my sister asked me, "Why did Graham DeFranco did not wear something special?"
Click and watch:
EVERYBODY seems very happy! The new Executive Producer believed that Arthur Gunn will not quit ... even when the show already started. But, the lower leadership took the initiative to prepare Graham DeFranco around one week before as per MJ's Blog. So, Graham was just pulled out from the audience 5 minutes before Sheryl Crow started. The Executive Producer resigned around three days before the FINALE ... it is most probably, her idea to bring back Arthur Gunn (MY theory), which is a CRAZY IDEA and the rating was a DUD and they canceled the Monday Show Announcement of the COMEBACK Group from Season 18.

Last edited:

FanSince04

I did not notice that it was a last 5 minute change although my sister asked me, "Why did Graham DeFranco did not wear something special?"
Click and watch:
EVERYBODY seems very happy! The Executive Producer believed that Arthur Gunn will not quit ... even when the show already started. But, the lower leadership took the initiative to prepare Graham DeFranco around one week before as per MJ's Blog. So, Graham was just pulled out from the audience 5 minutes before Sheryl Crow started. Then, the Executive Producer resigned around a day after the FINALE ... it is most probably, his idea to bring back Arthur Gunn (MY theory), which is a CRAZY IDEA!!!
Quite interesting

Reactions: mbh