Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol XIII

maddkat

Staff member
^ I just hope someone in that top 30 can actually sing live and has a little charisma.
Charisma has been lacking in the last few years for me,certainly last year..:)

opry051008

Totally off-topic but I just thought that this reminded me of AI:

I was watching the Lifetime movie, A Country Christmas Story with Dolly Parton. In the movie they have a competition between the 3 top submissions to become the Nashville Star. Two of the competitors are females and the third is a really cute male. Guess who wins the viewer voted contest, even though the female star's performance and self-penned song is clearly head and shoulders above the other two. lol.

Here's the performance. In the show, the girl performed her self-penned song. The song reflected her situation where her dad and mom had split and she hadn't seen her dad in 3 years and her mom didn't want her to sing because she was still mad at the husband.

Here's the WGWP who won with his self-penned Bro song. No explanation required for his self-penned song. lol.

Dillon James A Country Christmas story - YouTube

maddkat

Staff member
so instead of diving the top 12 equally by gender ( which I hated) they're dividing it 3 ways by age??
They've been watching too much of the fail called X Factor.And the judges get to fast track people?Ugh
Just go back to the old ways before the tinkering began.

Fox wants to give Candice a special to launch her cd but think no one will watch so they wrap it up in the Idol name?
And why stage the finale in NY? Will that make some kind of difference?

the only good thing I see in these changes is the results show going back to 30 minutes.
An hour to kick off one person was ridiculously long.

I do hope for (and expect) Carrie to show up on May 15 though for the 500th episode.:)

Naco1776

Die-hard American Idol fans got an early look at the show's 13th season at movie theaters across the country Tuesday night. If the response of the audience coming out of the Nashville screening was any indication, the show's new producers may have fixed many of the problems that caused a precipitous drop in viewers last season.

8 ways 'American Idol' could be better than last season

pklongbeach

I want so much for the show to be good again.
I still come back every year in the hopes that it will feel like that live audition show that it once did.
I can assume that that ship has sailed, but that does not mean that producers are not smart enough to reinvent the wheel.

I have a much better feeling go ing in partically based on the fact that I agree with alot of that Top 8 reasons.

I like and Respect Harry alot.
Chemistry on the panel is everything.
No Back stories!! At least till we decide if we even like someone.
Don't make the show mean spirited.
And I do like the idea of eliminatng the gender split, but do not like the age split. (when you seperate people into groups, you stop allowing the audeince to judge each one individually. The audience is forced to judge small groups against eachother, which is always really unfair to multiple players in the end. Judge the whole group based on who you like.
Don't break them up at all!!

pklongbeach

Part of me is still so bitter and angry over last years horror show of Niki and Mariah, I am hoping for a healing and cleansing flood tonight to wash all that ugly away.

JB172

I like tonight's episode a lot, Harry was terrific and this panel seems to have a nice chemistry, the true test will start once the live shows start but I enjoyed it.

rainbow1

I enjoyed it too!! Love the panel ...and love Harry! He's so honest...trys to teach them something...and is funny to boot!!