Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol XIII

HuiZ

If a rocker has to win, I wish Bo auditioned this season instead of season 4 (yes, I know...it's impossible because of his age lol).

Jena sounds great on her single, I hope she gets signed. She has the potential to fit well into the pop scene right now.

Remember when Carrie was the only country artist in sight on a reality singing show. Now, the AI finale has Jennifer Nettles, Darius Rucker and Lady Antebellum where the Voice finale had Justin Moore, Tim McGraw and Alabama. How the times have changed.
That is why Carrie appears on the Top 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL people list =)

maddkat

Staff member
I didn't watch the shows this week, but I did listen to the singles.Not caring for either one.
Neither of these contestants are gonna make much of a dent. Especially since almost no one watch the
last show ( 6.6 mil ouch).

I did turn over during a Survivor commercial and see Ryan singing. Oh how this show has fallen.

Congratulations Caleb

pklongbeach

I think Idol is in a real problem spot. And I don't think there is a way out.

The whole "we need to change things up" idea is actually causing more problems than it is helping. Its creating a great deal of confussion in the audience as to "what is changning/what isn't/ what is new?/ what is unncessary/what is fresh/what is played out/..... And there is just a lot of upset and upheavel.

I don't think anything will help at this point. They have to accept they have a show that started so long ago now, it feels outdated to the people who grew up with it.mmm it hardly matters what they do with it at this point.

As for th winner, I agree that Caleb deserved the win. I did not like him the best by a long shot. No one calling people retards is ever going to get my vote. But he was most consistant and muscled through the whole show. So I accpet that.
I do hope Jena can have a hit single. But based on her coronation song, it won't be that....

Its a good idea to change release date of winning album to earilier. It was rediculous from the start to think that america was going to wait a half a year just to hear someone who won a reality show last season......

I remember waiting for Carries, feeling like the energy was literally just leaking away.....Had she not had a huge hit out of the gate with JTTW that album could have easily slipped away.....

I have no idea where they are going to market caleb. and I don't care. Again, "retard" gets a nopass from me. But it is not going to be easy to get him to take off if only 6 mil. tuned in at all and half of them were Jena fans........

RyanVaCarrieFan

Neither Caleb or Jena will have a successful career. I felt like no one on idol was that good this season. Sad, because a person who placed 5th any other season could've won this season

pklongbeach

Neither Caleb or Jena will have a successful career. I felt like no one on idol was that good this season. Sad, because a person who placed 5th any other season could've won this season

I find it problematic for the concept and integrity of the show that "also rans" can't even make it on the show, but come back and Win another year.........
It leads to an idea that the talent is not getting better, its getting worse......

Jena was a wild card that America did not support enitially, Caleb auditioned numerous times with the producers saying no numerous times, and last years winner was the same way, took years to get past the producers......

IT sends a weak message about the talent itself......

HuiZ

Wow I didn't realize ratings for the final 2 performance night was downright... painful. Rather embarassing.

In hindsight, the show should have stopped after Season 10. Before the ratings went downhill so drastically.... (that would have meant P2 and Home will never have existed in the music world lol)

txacar

Wow I didn't realize ratings for the final 2 performance night was downright... painful. Rather embarassing.

In hindsight, the show should have stopped after Season 10. Before the ratings went downhill so drastically.... (that would have meant P2 and Home will never have existed in the music world lol)

The Voice had its lowest numbers ever, as well. Now that days are longer, many people are outside exercising, gardening, etc., and not watching TV. I DVR'd and watched later that night. Don't know how those numbers will affect total audience.

pklongbeach

I agree that the best thing for a show is to go out strong. It leaves a stronger lasting legacy.
Allowing it to peeter out and fail entirely is a sad way to see a show go out.........

As Carrie is still so closely affiliated with American Idol the brand, I would rather they had quit while they were strong and walked away proud.
If the show falls apart entirely, "That will be its legacy"!

And thats not a good thing.........

jptexas

I heard Caleb Johnson on Kelly and Micheal this morning. He did a great job singing his Idol single. One problem. That's the worst song to get his career going. I mean, it's really bad. Too bad, he could have written a better one himself.

HuiZ

^ P2 really really REALLY needs to thank his lucky stars back in Season 11. Super lucky to hit that jackpot with "Home".

hjj

Funny how he so did not like Home. He said that it was not what his sound would be. I have yet to hear him drift too far from that sound, lol.

HuiZ

Funny how he so did not like Home. He said that it was not what his sound would be. I have yet to hear him drift too far from that sound, lol.
I know right? Everything else sounds similar to Home lol!

Well, whether it's his wish or his label's regarding his current sound... $$$ rules! ;-)

HuiZ

Holy Cow. I can't believe P2's first week sales for his new album. That means there isn't much hope for Caleb and Jena.
Was there ever really that much hope... especially for Caleb? =P

How did P2 do for his debut album btw?

Since Jena didn't win, she is better off not rushing her album. There's no Idol hype to capitalize on anyway unlike during the good days.
Just use her limited Idol popularity as a platform to get a record deal, get an album out with a properly thought out image and music direction that is suitable for her.

opry051008

Was there ever really that much hope... especially for Caleb? =P

How did P2 do for his debut album btw?

Since Jena didn't win, she is better off not rushing her album. There's no Idol hype to capitalize on anyway unlike during the good days.
Just use her limited Idol popularity as a platform to get a record deal, get an album out with a properly thought out image and music direction that is suitable for her.

Well I guess not Caleb.

P2's first album opened with 169K but his sophomore album just opened with sales of only 41K.