Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol XIV

pklongbeach

I always go into Idol with hope. I will again this year. I do hope that the judges have congealed a bit and that it will be a good season of true success-worthy talent. I won't be able to survive another Phillips year, I just won't make it!

maddkat

Staff member
looks like when they hit the top 10 the results show is being eliminated

American Idol's fourteenth season will officially premiere on January 7.

Fox has announced Season 14 of American Idol, which Fox is billing as American Idol XIV, will debut with a two-night, three-hour event on Wednesday, January 7 from 8-9PM ET/PT and Thursday, January 8 from 8-10PM ET/PT.

The schedule will remain the same for the following week, but then beginning on January 22, the Thursday night episodes will be slimmed down from two hours to only one hour at 8PM ET/PT, allowing the new drama series Backstrom to premiere and air at 9PM ET/PT.

Idol will continue to air on Wednesday and Thursday nights until Thursday, March 26, at which time the one-hour broadcast on Thursday night will be replaced by the new season of Bones at 8PM ET/PT.

After March 26, American Idol will therefore only air on Wednesday nights, presumably staying in its 8-9PM ET/PT timeslot.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/american-idol-premiere-january-7-on-fox-with-schedule-changes-throughout-season-14-17082.php

liking the way trimmed back show.There was so much bloat the last few years it was ridiculous.
and the results shows were just judges promos which we don't need

Smokyiiis

I agree. I like this format SO much better. I used to despise the long show with his endless hours of nonsense and unnecessary fill.

Smokyiiis

Dancing with the Stars is doing this already. They eliminate a couple after they've all danced based on the prior week's votes.

maddkat

Staff member
country aircheck is now saying Scott Borchetta will mentor on AI
Idol Chatter: No comment from the label group, but BMLG President/CEO Scott Borchetta will be the new season 14 American Idol mentor, replacing departing mentors Jimmy Iovine and Randy Jackson. First reported in Us Weekly, the story says Borchetta will join returning judges Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr.

now that could keep me from watching, imo he's smarmy

Claire2004

^^ I suppose he's conveniently forgotten this:

The CEO of Taylor Swift's label Big Machine Records, Scott Borchetta, has spoken out in support of his Album of the Year-winning star and defended her Grammy night duet with Stevie Nicks, which has taken a lot of criticism for being off-key. "Maybe she's not the best technical singer, but she's probably the best emotional singer because everybody else who gets up there and is technically perfect, people don't seem to want more of it," Borchetta told The Tennessean. He added to the AP, "This is not American Idol. This is not a competition of getting up and seeing who can sing the highest note. This is about a true artist and writer and communicator. It's not about that technically perfect performance."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/taylor-swifts-label-lashes-out-at-critics-of-grammy-performance-20100204

JB172

He is smarmy but he is very, very good at what he does and he did a good job when he was on the duet show that CMT had.

opry051008

He is smarmy but he is very, very good at what he does and he did a good job when he was on the duet show that CMT had.

But it's still pretty funny after what both he and Taylor said about singing competitions that they both end up promoting themselves on those same singing shows. lol.

cmuf2011

Thats a rumor right? If Scott is going to be a mentor i don't think I'll be able to watch idol.

pklongbeach

Since Scott B. opitomizes everything I hate about the music industry, I will not like his imput one bit. And yes, I do resent him bandwagoning for money, and for fame, which he now seems to be seeking for his own glorification. This is certainly not about money. He has way more of that just sitting at home. No, this is about him deciding he wants his face to be known. Yuck!

Not on Idol! Do you realize how much time this gives him to promote his one and only...? IT will be to nausea.