Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol XIV

maddkat

Staff member
^ maybe,its because he's smarmy
But if any other head had taken over the show like he did this year there would still be moaning somewhere.
You can bet on it.

JB172

^ maybe,its because he's smarmy
But if any other head had taken over the show like he did this year there would still be moaning somewhere.
You can bet on it.

If Galente was the show mentor and he had Carrie on to be a guest mentor along with performing IMO there isn't one word said about the show should be about the contestants and not Galente.

maddkat

Staff member
^ I gaurantee you that somewhere people would be b**ching about Galante.
Obviously it wouldn't be here, but somewhere.

pklongbeach

I am reading into alittle of Scotts words and it sounds like all was not perfect in paradise this season. I have a feeling there was some conflict about the feel and style of the show this season and Scott was having to remind people "why I was brought in"! When he starts talking about how much he is worth and that he will not come back if they just want to have an "end of an era" celebration, that tells me that people were not on the same page this year.

He is an all or nothing kind of person. I am sure he came in with expectations of domination and when people started to push back, he had to remind them that he is "not cheap" and he is there for a reason.
I have a feeling he will not be back. Truth is, the last season does not have to make a superstar. The show will be gone. All it has to do is pull ratings. and I guarantee they will get more ratings by pimping the "nostalgic angle" then they will by trying to convince the public that "Scott is going to help us again try to make one last star". That is just not going to fly.

JB172

I am reading into alittle of Scotts words and it sounds like all was not perfect in paradise this season. I have a feeling there was some conflict about the feel and style of the show this season and Scott was having to remind people "why I was brought in"! When he starts talking about how much he is worth and that he will not come back if they just want to have an "end of an era" celebration, that tells me that people were not on the same page this year.

He is an all or nothing kind of person. I am sure he came in with expectations of domination and when people started to push back, he had to remind them that he is "not cheap" and he is there for a reason.
I have a feeling he will not be back. Truth is, the last season does not have to make a superstar. The show will be gone. All it has to do is pull ratings. and I guarantee they will get more ratings by pimping the "nostalgic angle" then they will by trying to convince the public that "Scott is going to help us again try to make one last star". That is just not going to fly.

I don't think that they were on the same page either and you are 100% right that they are going to make next season about the past and not about any of the contestants that will be on the show next season, I wouldn't waste my time trying out for next season if I was someone who was interested in trying to make it the music business I would go to The Voice or AGT instead.

pklongbeach

side note: I am beyond disappointed that they used their show and all the children watching to sell a woman beating violent thug........ Low life, Idol. Low life...... I don't appreciate you doing that. You tell me you are going to have thugs and creeps on your show so I can decide to watch or not. Don't throw him in the middle so all the kids can see it and say "Oh, I guess you can beat girls half to death and have the world worship you".

Sickos!

terilyn

Put my dvr on ff through most of the show then when they announced CB I simply deleted the program. I have no idea what they were thinking by having him on. Then I thought about it being a family show and the way it started out back in season one. With Mariah, Nikki, and JLo hanging out all over the place family viewing in "my opinion" ended there. Living on the west coast I already knew who won, thank God for spoilers.

rainbow1

Nick sang the National Anthem on PBS show, Memorial Day Concert. Looked a little nervous, but did a good job. Laura Benanti sang a medley of Patriotic songs. Beautifully, I must say.

maddkat

Staff member
Does anyone know when Nick's album is getting released??? Usually the past winner's album is out before the next season starts.
still no date

from an interview with him in December

""It's nice to see myself being able to be a part of a show this size. I'm hoping once the album comes out, you know, get some feedback off it, hopefully there's a lot more of these to come," he said.

The debut album he's talking about is "basically done," Nick said.

"We have the songs written and demo-ed out and now it's just kind of getting the final approval on the top whatever, 13, that they decide to put on the record," Nick said."

Kizmet311

Been debating, but I think I may try to watch this season. Not sure my DVR can handle another show on Thursday's, so we'll see how that goes, but hopefully I can watch it online if not. I can record 4 shows at once, but I know I already record Grey's, Vampire Diaries, and Big Bang Theory at 8:00 on Thursdays. I can't remember if there is another one or not, but my DVR will do up to 4 at once. I haven't watched Idol in so many years. I haven't watched a full season since probably the year David Cook won. After that, I would just watch when Carrie made an appearance. I didn't watch the first season either oddly enough. I didn't get started until the Reuben/Clay season.