Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol XIV

jimshoe

I felt bad for Caleb. He was stuck in the crowd for the whole show and they didn't even acknowledge him. Then at the end he's up on stage(not sure if he was invited or if he just went up on his own) and then they said 'last year's winner Caleb Johnson".

It will be very interesting to see who else Borchetta signs other than Nick. I personally can't see Nick having much success but I could be wrong.
Best duet of the night was Jamie Foxx with Ravon. They worked well with each other.

thaifood

I felt bad for Caleb. He was stuck in the crowd for the whole show and they didn't even acknowledge him. Then at the end he's up on stage(not sure if he was invited or if he just went up on his own) and then they said 'last year's winner Caleb Johnson".

It will be very interesting to see who else Borchetta signs other than Nick. I personally can't see Nick having much success but I could be wrong.
Best duet of the night was Jamie Foxx with Ravon. They worked well with each other.

There were a lot of Ex Idols in the audience that weren't acknowledged. CAndice Glover was there, Haley Rheinhart, Blake Lewis, & many more.

Caleb was on stage to present the winners trophy to Nick.

If it couldn't have been Jax (which it should have been) at least it wasn't Clark. I started out liking the guy but his disputes with mentors showed a side of the guy that I just found lacking.

Congrats to Nick. I hope you do well for yourself. Go out there & slay them.

Why the hell does anybody give any airtime, especially on a show like this, to Chris Brown?

DaisyTweets

I think Mr. Foxx was highly motivated to redeem himself after the knocks and criticism he took after his performance of the national anthem at the big fight!!!!

JB172

I think that he was going to present the trophy to Nick but when the contestants swarmed Nick it screwed up that plan.

DizzyDollyDee

Chris Brown should never have been allowed to perform on that show. They seemed to have some "different" stars performing with the contestants this year! I think Nick fit their future plans as I do believe Borchetta stated the winner would be performing on the CMT award show - can't picture that being a good venue for Clark but definitely after Nick performing that country song, he would fit perfect so I think they figured Nick was a little more sellable than Clark. Everyone seems to want to go country now days as they are more visible. I personally think Borchetta had a lot more to say about who won - though do think he also liked Jax more than the 2 guys so maybe he'll do something for her.

DaisyTweets

^ maybe he's why the ratings were terrible?

down 38% from last years finale, with only 7.7 mil viewers
they really need much better talent next year

TV Ratings Wednesday: ?Arrow? Finale Steady, ?Supernatural?, ?Law & Order: SVU?, ?Survivor? & ?American Idol? Up, ?Modern Family? Down - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
Oh gosh isn't this the truth. I started out watching the show and something just didn't seem right about it. It sure didn't hold my attention. I guess I kinda feel bad for both Clark and Nick because if either one of them think they're going to make it 'BIG', they're going to be majorly disappointed, I just don't see it. Neither were/are special enough or different enough to catch on and capture the attention of the American public. No Carrie tweet yet???

rainbow1

It certainly didn't feel right to me either. Not like the old family type Idol finale's. Guess SB didn't want any of the former Idols recognized...he wanted to be the star of the show. It is really unusual that we haven't seen a tweet from the biggest star of the show. Carrie always congratulates the winner....and has said nothing about the show closing after next year. Everything Carrie does, means something.....what's your guess?

terilyn

^She (Carrie) was probably as uninterested in the show as we were. I put it on my dvr so I could skip through what I didn't want to watch. Turned out to be 95% of the show. They better start thinking about what they can do next year to improve the last season or ratings or it will drop lower if it really matters.

JB172

It certainly didn't feel right to me either. Not like the old family type Idol finale's. Guess SB didn't want any of the former Idols recognized...he wanted to be the star of the show. It is really unusual that we haven't seen a tweet from the biggest star of the show. Carrie always congratulates the winner....and has said nothing about the show closing after next year. Everything Carrie does, means something.....what's your guess?

If the show gave him that much power then they are freaking stupid for doing so and Borchetta should do whatever the hell he wants to do if he was given that much power which I highly doubt that he was given.

Maybe she doesn't give a crap which would be her right to do so just like it would be Borchetta's right to not have on someone who he is in direct in competition with if he has full control of the show.

terilyn

Read this on Yahoo.asked SB about his return next year, his reply.

Big Machine’s contract to sign the American Idol winner was just for this year. Will you and the label be back for Season 15 of Idol?

If the mission is “we want to find one last great American Idol” and it’s going to be about that, then it makes sense. Because you have to remember that if I come back, that means that I put my time and money on the line to find a great artist. With no disrespect, if the show’s going to be about nostalgia, then really it’s not going to make sense for us to be a part of it. That’s OK. That’s just the reality. This is a business too so it depends on what the mission is for Fox.

JB172

Read this on Yahoo.asked SB about his return next year, his reply.

Big Machine’s contract to sign the American Idol winner was just for this year. Will you and the label be back for Season 15 of Idol?

If the mission is “we want to find one last great American Idol” and it’s going to be about that, then it makes sense. Because you have to remember that if I come back, that means that I put my time and money on the line to find a great artist. With no disrespect, if the show’s going to be about nostalgia, then really it’s not going to make sense for us to be a part of it. That’s OK. That’s just the reality. This is a business too so it depends on what the mission is for Fox.

He is right, what would be the point of Big Machine or any label getting involved if Fox is going to make it all about what happened over the last 14 years and make whoever wins the last season just an afterthought.

JB172

They need to make next year about the Idols, not Borchetta.

Then the producers of the show need to do THEIR job, it's not Borchetta or any other label heads job to promote artists that are on labels they are in direct competition with, that is business 101.

Big Machine is Borchetta's label but if I owned a label and my label head is suppose to be looking for a new artist to bring to my label and they have enough control on a singing show to bring in whoever they want to perform or mentor and that person brings in someone who I am in direct competition with they would be looking for a new job.

Carrie or whoever else you want to name not being on the show is on the show and not Borchetta because either the show didn't ask whoever, whoever was asked and couldn't do it/didn't want to do it or which is the least likely they gave him so much control that he was allowed to bring in whoever he wanted and if that is the case he sure isn't bringing in somebody his label is in direct competition with which makes beyond zero business sense.

maddkat

Staff member
^ I think thats what Gran is saying.
They ( the producers) need to bring the shows focus back to the idols and not Borchetta or the judges.

JB172

^ I think thats what Gran is saying.
They ( the producers) need to bring the shows focus back to the idols and not Borchetta or the judges.

IMO if it is was any other label head in the entire recording industry all of the b!tching wouldn't being going on but because it is Borchetta it is.